Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Plymell roadster

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Equipped28, Oct 2, 2014.

1. has anyone got more photo's of this car. built by Jack Plymell shown here at the Hop Up reliability run in 2003. really love this roadster.

[​IMG]

2. BLACKPRIMERFAN

BLACKPRIMERFAN
    from OH/MI LINE

3. muroc 29

muroc 29

• Wow I read the hamb every day. Quite a surprise when you see your name on a thread. Jack Plymell is my father and the roadster has been a part of our family for 44 years now 29 years in the current configuration. We drive it once a week for breakfast and my wife last week asked " will we ever finish it" no reply. On a serious note thanks for the recognition.

4. muroc 29

muroc 29

Recent pic with hood louvers image.jpg

Stovebolt likes this.

5. Looks finished, to me!

6. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

Yes, nice car ,it also popped up on Splash aprons on a roadster thread not long ago.

7. brady1929

brady1929

Sweet roadster

8. MAD 034

MAD 034
    from Washington

I agree!

9. Looks good to me!!!

10. Nice. 44 years great !

11. it's such a killer roadster, is it a full bellypan or just chassis covers?

12. muroc 29

muroc 29

We'll thank you it is just a rolled pan that is about 6 inches past frame rails. Car would run way to hot to have full pans. They were all rolled on torque tubes some scrap drive shafts and whatever else could be beat on. My dad's good buddy Jack Underwood who is a hot rod historian himself was actually who did most of the work in our driveway along with my dad I think they did an amazing job I have some bare metal pics that I need to scan I found one online it shows. A good rear view of the boat style pipes in the pan. image.jpg

Stovebolt and sko_ford like this.
  13. I really like the pipes through the pan. Here's what I did on mine 40 years ago.
    [​IMG]

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  14. That's one stunning ride, simple and clean. JW

15. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

my rolled rear pan ......... rollpan1.jpg rollpan2.jpg

the lil lights at the bottom are purple .. when driving truck we called the "whore lites" (sleeper lites)