Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical A Question About EMS Sheetmetal Parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dale48mrc, Sep 30, 2014.

1. dale48mrc

dale48mrc

The question I have is ,Has anyone used their parts for the 42 to 48 ford cars? They have all the peices I need so what I need to know is fitment issues,quality of the products,and how their customer service is. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance.

2. pbr40

pbr40
    from NW Indiana

Haven't used them on that particular app but I've used them on other cars and trucks! They are some of the best you'll find! They quality patches!

3. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

I don't know about the firmant of Ford parts, but the trunk floor that I used for the 42 Chevy I am building fir perfect. They have a real quality parts

4. I used the front lower cowl/door opening pieces. Each side is made of two pieces, instead of a one piece stamping like the original body.
    I trimmed them down quite a bit as I didn't need the full height; the sections I used were OK.

5. Used a lot of their stuff--- Great fit on all

6. aaggie

aaggie

I have used a lot of their patch panels and they are great quality. You do need to trim some here and there but you need that. Old bodies are never the same and the new panels are stamped to a known good pattern.

7. Used it on my 50 chev lower rear quarter panels, lower bubble, perfect fit. Great parts and good sheet metal. At least that was my experience with them

8. 34toddster

34toddster
    from Missouri

I've used a lot of their parts including the 46-48 parts, one of the parts I wish I'd just started from scratch, the main sub-rails the ones I received were straight and the original ones are curved. Slicing and dicing the EMS was a pain so next time I'll just buy some steel and do my own.
    The lower quarter repair parts I've used with problems also, I built a 48 Convert and asked if the repair panels fit , they said yes, well after cutting them up they finally did. The convert is completely different than the cpe/sedan.
    I'm not bashing EMS most of the panels I've installed were pretty nice quality.
    Plus not very many manufactures of 46-48 Ford panels.

9. sqhd

sqhd

Hey Dale, Carl here, yes, I've used EMS on my 48 Ford. Good fitment on running boards, lower cowl and lower quarters.