Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The Race of Gentlemen, 3rd Annual.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirtyest Devil, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

2. mike bowling

mike bowling

Un-friggin'-real!! Being a responsible adult, I'll be working protecting the waterways of The Great State of Massachusetts while you kids are destroying N.J. That said, I hope all have a safe weekend and a great time ( how could you not?) Cars look unbelievable.Kudos to the Oilers and Mel.(Watch out for the boys from the North, they cheat!) "Hairy Mike"

3. blindowl

blindowl
    BANNED
    from MASS

Mike , plenty of room . Bail on work and come on down

4. SPEEDBARRONS

SPEEDBARRONS

Sadly, pilot BarronVonMonkeypants has his dance card full, I won't bee buzzin the track, annoying everyone... Demanding shirts and food, lying about my inliner being from the 30's. I'm ashamed. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1412050099.356415.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. onekoolkat1950

onekoolkat1950

You can't miss this mike. I think you should begin developing a cold at work today and it's gonna get too serious to work by Thursday. This dr. Says you need a little beach rest!

6. mike bowling

mike bowling

I hear ya,man.But someone's gotta stay back and cover for Pete over the weekend.I've got an autograph session at " Frugal Fannies" on Saturday, and Sunday there's a photoshoot for "Maxim", "Hot Rods and Hotpants;The New England Garage Scene". I'm working on my Daisy Duke's today- it's going to be mahvelous,dahling. Maybe next year?Already started collecting parts! Play safe/Have fun.

Attached Files:

gonzo likes this.
  7. onekoolkat1950

onekoolkat1950

Your a good man. "Hollywood Flavin" will be baby sitting the east coast contingent.

8. ELD

ELD

Announcing driver.. Mr. Nils Weeks in his bad ass 1920's Ford roadster with a good ole Flathead V8. Nils is friends with Pete Flaven. So he gets in! I don't know anything else about Nils, but Pete is sweet! Swing low Nils swing low
    [​IMG]
    Announcing driver.... Mr. Willy Snyder. Mr. Snyder attended last years race with the DeLuxe Speed Shop boys and vowed to return with this little number. She sports a 59ab with Denver heads, early Weiand high rise with 97's, '39 trans, early '32 banjo with 3.54 gears. This car was bought in Florida in 1962 and shipped to Wellington, Ks in a rail car. In shipment it got damaged so the owner was upset and only drove it a few times and put it in his mothers garage where it stayed until November of 2013. The odometer had 62k miles on it. Mr. Snyder thought he might put a few more miles on it's odometer, 1/8th mile at a time! Go wild Willy, go wild!!!
    [​IMG]
    Announcing rider.... Mr. Tommy Rowes with his 1947 Harley Davidson mo sheen!!! Yeah, it's a flathead, yeah he means business. If he didn't, he might have picked one of the Indian mo sheens. But ole Tommy's got smarts between his ears! Tommy's Mommy beat hit with salami once when he even looked at an Indian motorcycle. He's been a Harley man every since. Tommy's dislikes: the color purple, Indian Motocycles, those dummies left the R out of there, salami, and Losing!!!
    [​IMG]
    Announcing driver.... Mr. Sam Baker and his Ardun powered Ford. Mr. Baker is another New Jersey native and we sure are proud of this here rare bird. Much like our New Jersey state bird, "the Mosquito", this "hot" Ford plans to eat the ba-Jesus out of the completion. I'd talk more of it parts and great appeal, but I just get so darn jealous it hurts. See it LIVE in all it's glory with your own two eyes at the Trog this year. Caution: Don't slip in your own drool man
    [​IMG]

Announcing driver... Mr.Jared Brouillette, J-Rod, The Pawtucket Scramblah!!! He may look like a sweet baby deer caught in your headlights, but this man is a killer. Much like baby face Nelson. Be on the look out! Part of his game is acting very sweet, dumb, harmless, meanwhile his merry men sabotage your whip, your woman, your everything! Things just go missing, fan belts, drain plugs, bras, loose change. Mr. Scramblah from Pawtucket once drove this T roadster to Bonneville, poor Utah was never the same. Wanted, dead or Alive!!! He even tried to steal Bon Jovi's "steel horse". Luckily for New Jersey, it was too heavy! Swoooh, close one
    [​IMG]

Announcing driver.. Mr.Kevin Carlson "CrAzY uNCLe HaRrY" and his Not-So Led Zeppelin!!! (Insert applause here). Crazy Uncle Harry is so crazy, how crazy is he? Well, I told him there was no repeat competition this year, and he begged anyway. Last year, this little Zeppelin barely got off the ground. Crazy Uncle Harry went straight back to his drawing board and came back with this more stealth like Zep! Let's hope he doesn't crash and burn like that little hate monger Hitler and his combustible balloon. Down with Hitler! Up with Harry!!!
    [​IMG]
    Drum Roll! Announcing driver.... Mr. Meldon Van Riper Stultz Jr. in the Jason "Sheets Special". The seed that spawned that Dirtyest of Devils, The Maestro of Motor Mayhem..... He's a drummer, he's a surfer, he's a comedian, he's the one that taught Mel everything he knows. Go Daddy O Go!
    [​IMG]

gonzo likes this.
  9. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

10. Here's what I see....

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1412100486.537072.jpg

Hope mine is more right than yours!

Posted using the HAMB app on my iPhone.... How's that for traditional!?!?

11. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

12. Race City Rodz

Race City Rodz

Pray for no Rain!!!!

13. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

National Weather Service says it's gonna be sunny with a high of 67*, Saturday and Sunday.

14. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Its Jersey, could be 90 or snow in October!!! hahaha

15. onekoolkat1950

onekoolkat1950

If it rains let's run in the rain. My car ain't scared !

HomemadeHardtop57 likes this.
  16. Pete

Pete

With Mel's permission......

Both Mel and my Pal Roy Eidman....AKA, the Louver guy has created a limited edition key fob. just for the ROG!
    These fobs are solid brass, louvered, and polished. They are very cool AND made right here in the good ole USA....... Walpole Mass. Roy built his own louver press back in the 70's and has been punching louvers ever since, he punched the hood on my '33 and this years ROG race car...

Fobs are $12 each and only 100 will be made so get them early because once they're gone...they're gone.

Ill be selling them at the show. Look for car #96 in the race car corral.

Attached Files:

• fob1.JPG
      fob1.JPG
      File size:
      321.3 KB
      Views:
    • fob2.JPG
      fob2.JPG
      File size:
      252.6 KB
      Views:
    • fob3.JPG
      fob3.JPG
      File size:
      228.9 KB
      Views:
    • 96.JPG
      96.JPG
      File size:
      639.5 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  17. How do we get them? At the race? I want one!

18. Pete

Pete

Just added more details.

19. Awesome, see you there Pete.

20. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Roy does real nice work. I still use my round fob like those,that he gave to me about 20 years ago.

21. Pete

Pete

He gave me a round fob when I finished my 3 window, still in the ignition.

bowie likes this.
  22. Geets

Geets
    from NJ

Will we be able to buy the weekend pass at the event on Friday?
    Is there a limited amount of ticket sales, in other words is there a chance of selling out tickets to get entry in to the event? Or is there no limit as to how many tickets will be sold?

Thanks.

23. bgaro

bgaro

leaving first thing in the morning, we got about a seven our pilgrimage to the holy shores of new jersey. it's gonna be a looong day at work today.

24. 56shoebox

56shoebox

Rain in the forecast for Saturday. The % and qty varies depending on which weather site you look at. Weather.com is calling for an 80% chance.

Is there a contingency plan in place for Saturday or is it damn the torpedos, full speed ahead?

25. Race City Rodz

Race City Rodz

I'll be stalikng you for one of those for sure!

26. Pete

Pete

Full speed ahead brother!! It's gonna be sloppy fun, king of like high school girlfriends!! Anywhere anytime!

gonzo likes this.
  27. Pete

Pete

If I have time I'm going to make a small sign saying key fobs or something like that.

28. I really would like one Pete

29. j3harleys

j3harleys

Deluxe speed shop cars are on the way IMAG0890 (1).jpg