Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Hit once again by thieves! :(

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by crashfarmer, Sep 29, 2014.

1. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

I'm very sorry that this turned into such a long rant but it is very upsetting and I don't know how to make it any shorter. And before someone mentions that the car that I have a chance to identify the stolen parts off of is off topic, I'm sure some of the things thes assholes stole are right on topic but I just haven't had time to inventory what was stolen, I'll probably never know everything that is missing.

Today I had to haul fertilizer past my old residence, we still own it and have a great amount of things still there. I put in very long days and to be completely honest with you I am not in the greatest of health so most of the time it's all I can do to work every day, I don't have a whole lot of energy to complete tasks that I want to get done after work or on weekends. I wonder how much longer I can work at my current job, it's only a matter of time before my health forces me to look at other options. Anyhow, I look over when I drive by and the locked door to my old shop is standing open. I wanted to stop my semi right there but I resisted the urge since there is very little shoulder, I cannot get the truck completely off the road so I feel that is a danger to the driving public and since I feel I'm holding on to my profession by a thread anyway I don't need to cause an accident. It's not like stopping immediately would do any good anyway, the perpetrators are long gone.

It was my wife's day off so when I got a chance I called her up. I told her to call the sheriff and go over to the other place since the door to the shop was open when I drove by.

Anyhow, when she met the sheriff over there they found that the thieves had cut the cattle panel I have across the driveway with bolt cutters, that shows how smart they are, it was only held on by one twisted wire that is easily untwisted and they cut the end off the panel all the way down. :confused:
    The broke into and ransacked the house. The thing that really upset my wife is that they stole totes full of my son's childhood toys that he was going to give to our son for our grandson to play with. It really makes me mad that they made my gentle sweet wife that would go out of her way to help anyone out, cry. That really upsets me.

Here is what she posted on Facebook:
    Wow what a day off.It was not what I had planned. Randy had gone to work & about quarter to 10 he calls & tells me I need to get ahold of the Adair Co. Sheriff cause someone broke into our old place on the hiway. Thank you to the deputy sheriff who responded. He met me over there & the door to the house was standing open as well as to the metal shed. Looking around I could not see much taken but our house had been ransacked & about 3 totes of farm machinery & hot wheel cars were gone. I had planned on bringing them over to our new house & giving them to our grandson, Ryan. Well, nice thought. I looked in the shed, but that was Randy's domain so he would be able to see what was missing. So I would like to ask any of my fb friends & family that if you are driving by our house on the Stuart Road& see something going on or out of place to please let me know as soon as possible. I do know the sheriffs department tries to keep an eye on it, but who would think a person would have to be worried about things on our own property. Thanks everyone!!!!

I am enraged over the pain this has caused my dear sweet wife! :mad: She is such a gentile soul.

This act has also upset my children, to clarify what my son posted on Facebook, his wife is a prison guard. But this is what he posted:

RANT: This is to all you low life ****s out there who think it is cool to steal or need it to steal for your next fix. Grow the **** up. When I was a child we didn't have much but what we did have my parents worked hard to provide for us, they didn't steal. Finding out some jerk off decided to steal toys that our parents provided by means of honest work is very disappointing. Seriously if you need money get a ****ing job. McDonald's doesn't drug test so you'll be good. As long as you show up you really don't have to do much so you'll be good. And you sure as **** won't be arrested for working there so that's a plus. But I guess if you don't change your way of life you will be visiting my wife and do you really want to be the person in there for stealing toys? I don't think there is a whole lot of street cred that goes along with that. Just know that you will get yours one day and it was no ones fault but your own. It's not the cards you were dealt. Quit making excuses. We all have to power to change our lives and better ourselves we just have to work for it. And when you work hard and accomplish your goals by honest means you will feel better about yourself and you will better our world. Live honestly.
    Thanks,
    J

Please pardon him for the language but he was very upset. And I will add that he worked very hard at McDonald's for a number of years starting when he was 14 years old. He is 26 and has 10 years of food service experience. He has worked hard for what he has, I'm very proud of him! How many 26 year old people have 10 years of experience working anywhere?

My daughter now wants to get a permit to carry a gun, I can remember a time when she was anti-gun. She is very upset but she was a little relieved that the NES was still over there but so far the games are missing.

So anyhow, After another short ten hour day of work I got an opportunity to briefly visit our other place to see what was missing and to shut the open hoods on a few of my cars.

There are too many items missing or damaged for a complete list at this time but one set of items missing out of the metal shed are relativity unique so identification should be somewhat easier if found.

The items I am referring to are a complete set of 4 hubcaps belonging to my 1969 Lincoln Continental. What separates them from the normal 1969 Lincoln wheel covers is the fact that all four of them are missing the simulated wire basket. I'm quite sure that people who are unfamiliar with the process of twisting some wires to unfasten a panel would be privy to the information that something was amiss with these wheel covers. They are practically worthless for weight so someone who is looking to make a quick dollar at the scrap yard probably would not waste time with hubcaps so I'm assuming that they have some other means of turning a quick buck on them. Auctions or the internet spring to mind.

I will attach a picture of the car with the hubcaps on it and for reference I will provide some links to complete hubcaps.

This is the car with the hubcaps on it.
    [​IMG]

Here is a picture of a complete hubcap.

[​IMG]

1969 Lincoln Continental with the appropriate wheel covers attached.

[​IMG]

If anyone runs across someone trying to peddle a set of these I'd really appreciate a heads up. :)

I would like to know who did it but it might just be better if I never find out.

P.S. It will not let me post without selecting a prefix, I might not have chose the right one for this subject.

Attached Files:

2. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

That really sucks. Hopefully they'll catch those lowlifes and you'll get your stuff back. Good luck....

crashfarmer likes this.
  3. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Sometimes, you have to bite the bullet and rent a SECURE storage facility. We have ALL got to face the ugly fact, that it's 2014 and not 1955. The Cleavers will NOT be there to watch your stuff. Alarms and security services aren't cheap, BUT those things are cheaper than losing your keep sakes. GET INSURANCE just in case.

I have insurance on 2 storage units. The pay out would be almost twice the value of what I have in them. The insurance is an extra $25 a month.

Getting ripped off once is a bitch, but I would have taken steps to make sure it didn't happen twice. I seriously hope you get some or all of your stuff back. And I also hope your poor health doesn't infringe on your daily tasks.

Thieves steal for a living. THAT is their job. When you get up to go to work, so do they.

4. rockyfarmer

rockyfarmer

I feel yur pain! I had the same type of low life thieves repeatedly steal from my old farm 6yrs ago when I started staying with my elderly father. With Pop--was where I needed to be almost all the time. Myself & neighbors caught thieves 4 times. I found I could force the sheriffs office to do their job, but the states attorney would cut a deal & let them off for nothing everytime. One meth cookin scum thief was even a deputies SON! They made the local paper list his name improperly & give a fake address. One time a local police department released a compounded thiefs truck to his mother--WITH MY STUFF STILL IN IT!!!! A convicted felon got off for a week in jail & paying a $1000 in back child support! !! I never got any of my stuff back.
    Long story short---- 5&1/2 years since dad passed away.....and after the thieves pretty much walked off with EVERYTHING on that farm----- I sold the farm.
    I hate thieves! !! I'll shoot first & ask questions later....if I see anyone snooping around on my property! !!

crashfarmer likes this.

5. That's why I have a big dog!!!!!Bruce.

crashfarmer likes this.
  6. If you can't have eyes on it all the time, you really need an alarm and/or have it socked down like Fort Knox. If it looks somewhat abandoned, it's an open invitation for thievery.
    I have a pretty secure garage with a reinforced jamb on the side door, bars on the window. Best investment is the alarm system. Costs me $25 a month, but worth it.

crashfarmer likes this.
  7. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

The last thief I saw around here got my old USMC Mil Police baton across his ugly tattooed face.
    Right in one of the teardrops on his left cheek...my Pit Bull, Sherman wanted him, the guy was crying.
    35+ years old, crying his stupid eyes out. I let him go...
    (afterthoughts prevailed, from 'this ass hat could sue me' to 'only place to bury him is behind the shop')
    but I never heard anything...

crashfarmer and 40fordtudor like this.
  8. Bubba1955

Bubba1955

One more reason to get to know your neighbors. Forget that their dogs bark too much or their kids cut through your yard...Get to know them and watch out for each other. Several few years back I house sat for my Mom when she went back east to visit relatives. This was the house and the neighborhood I grew up in and back then everybody knew everybody and no one locked their house to run to the store. But through the years old neighbors moved out and new ones moved in and it seems people got away from knowing each other...Anyway...While house-sitting one night I noticed an old Ford pick up back up to the neighbor's garage and the two guys were fumbling to get the door opened. The neighbors were on vacation and I'd never seen these two before. Well they got the door opened and were loading some tools and a table saw.
    My first thought was to go over and see what they were up to...
    Second thought was maybe I should take my 9MM with me just in case...then I thought, is it worth shooting someone over a used table saw and maybe facing a wrongful shooting charge and all that'll go with it...Or worse maybe getting shot myself if they've got a gun...
    Well, I decided to stay where I was, call the police, get a plate number and use my digital camera to take photos of the thieves in action. I just kept clicking away, getting shots of the truck and zooming in on the faces of the guys while they were loading the truck. About 30 pics in all.
    Well the cops showed up in a matter of minutes and confronted these guys. Then came over to talk to me. They asked if I knew the neighbors and I said yes the "Smiths" were on vacation and these guys broke into the garage. The cops asked me if I'd ever seen these perpetrators in the neighborhood before and I told them no. Then they walked me over and introduced me to "Mr. Smith's" brother and nephew that came over to borrow the saw and tools.
    Well, I felt pretty foolish...but the cop, the brother and nephew all said it was the right thing to do under the circumstances..."Mr. Smith" got a chuckle out of it too.
    Bottom line is we've got to get to know our neighbors and watch out for each other.

9. sunbeam

sunbeam

I use game cameras.

crashfarmer likes this.
  10. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

I HATE a thief !
    good luck with getting anything back.....

crashfarmer likes this.
  11. maybe they will O.D......too harsh?......i really hate thieves

crashfarmer, loudbang and slack like this.
  12. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Wow, nothing is sacred or safe anymore - break into people's homes, businesses, cars etc. Even in broad daylight rob people at gun point. no easy solutions. had our home hit by a couple of years ago. I was only gone a couple of hours. Cops say that the pros are in and out of a place in a matter of minutes. hopefully friends in your area will kept a eye out at yard sales, flea markets, etc. we never got anything back.

crashfarmer likes this.
  13. My house was robbed in 2002 around 11 AM, my wife was off but wasn't home when it happened, which may have been a good thing if she came home at the wrong time, We lost cameras, jewelry, CDs, kids Play Station, watches, you name it. And it was right after Xmas. No idea how long they were there, only grabbed a bicycle from the garage and didn't touch any tools. We soon got a good alarm system for the house & garage.

crashfarmer likes this.
  14. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A place that doesn't look like anyone is currently living there is a prime target for thieves and most likely the thieves had been watching the place for a while. Cars not moved from where they sit, lawn not mowed, shades in the winds always in the same spots.
    d
    I agree that a good dog is worth his/her weight in gold. A number of years ago I had a dog that not only watched my house but the house of the elderly lady across the street and kept a sharp eye on the female half of the couple who farmed the orchard around my house when she was out working in the orchard by herself. He even had a pocket off someone's jeans as a souvenir one day when we got home.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
    crashfarmer likes this.
  15. sorry for your loss.....hopefully karma will get them sooner than later...

crashfarmer likes this.
  16. 24riverview

24riverview

I'll watch for them at Cedar Rapids this weekend, anything else we should watch for?

crashfarmer likes this.
  17. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

Some more items they misappropriated: :mad:

My original Lincoln air cleaner that was sitting in the same location as the stolen hubcaps. Most upsetting! It looked just like these:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also missing is a full set of Ford Crown Victoria aluminum wheels:
    [​IMG]

A couple of sets of Taurus aluminum wheels like these:

[​IMG]
    And these:

[​IMG]

Also missing is a 1957 Chevy Corvette die-cast car that was new in the box. It was the same color as this one:
    [​IMG]

The Corvette was sitting on top of the turntable of the stereo in the shop.

The turntable is also missing. I cannot recollect the brand but they just misappropriated the turntable, the rest of the stereo is there.

My Edgar Winter "They Only Come Out At Night" album is also missing. I bought it for the song, "Frankenstein".

[​IMG]

We had a bunch of those banned Poky balls I think they are gone.

I have to do more looking there is more missing. Some of it I won't even know is gone until I need it someday and I think to myself, "I have one of those somewhere". :(

They used a bar and broke the hasp to gain access to the shop. I had that sucker bolted to the door so it wouldn't come loose. The hasp broke though. :( I'm thinking I'll weld up a couple of bars to mount on the sides of the hasp so it'll be hard as hell to get a bar to it. :mad:

I need to look into some of those game cameras.

18. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I'm pretty paranoid about my garage being broken into....I need to up the security for sure.

19. Damn man. That sucks. Sorry that happened to you. Although your Lincoln air cleaner breather piece is different then what I may have......you can have a sand blasted 1970-71 Ford Ranchero/Torino/Fairlane air cleaner housing that I have here....somewhere. I never used it...because.....it's non shaker. I believe the main housing and lid is the same. If you want it, let me know. Just pay shipping from Allen Texas. Good luck with that crap. Bastards.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  20. indyjps

indyjps

Sorry to hear you got hit, My dad's place got hit a few years back, over 40 chevy aluminum bellhousings, 60's date codes, over 30 alum intakes most factory some multi carb, bunch of tools. I'm sure it all got melted, they focused on alum and left some valuable easy to carry stuff.

21. I was robbed last year. Took all my wife's jewelry. Plus some other things. I want them to come back. I have a surprise for them. I will just leave it at that. Sorry you and your wife had to go through that. I know that sick feeling.

22. whtbaron

whtbaron
    from manitoba

I shake my head at all these threads about guys "finding" parts in the woods or "barnfind" cars. It wasn't abandoned, I f'ing PUT IT THERE. I learned a long time ago that you can't leave anything in a yard that isn't lived in. There was an old hand pump in one that we bought that I went to pick up for a lawn ornament... they took the bloody pump out of the well! Nothing is sacred... maybe we should be using bear traps instead of padlocks.

23. Sick feeling indeed. I'm still not comfortable going away with nobody home to be there. I've been lucky to be able to have someone stay in the house until I get back. I'd definitely like to catch someone in the act if it happened again, which is not likely with the alarm I have. I'd like to add outside motion activated cameras to see who's sniffing around during the day.

24. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

My house is lived in, a 2 family both sides occupied, someone stole a bird bath from my front yard. My next door
    neighbor watch each others house as much as possible but working people are vulnerable.

25. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I was ripped off a few years back. I added deadbolts, padlocks with shielded hasps, a monitered alarm that is in the house, but has sensors on the shop doors, and a locked gate.
    I had to laugh. They moved a $600 holley 4500 to rip off a cheap but new $80 B&D 1/2" chuck drill. The carb was dirty, the drill was in a nice clean plastic case. Ooooooh shiny...Like f*cking rats...Morons.

26. Mercman4life

Mercman4life

Hey nobody said thieves were smart..

27. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Hey guys, Check out "Simply Safe" home alarm systems. They are wireless and they WORK! I installed one in my home in about an hour. Had it about a year now with no problems at all. I gave about $250.00 for it. No monitoring charge unless you want it and you own the system. Lots of options so you can customize it if you want.

28. Wheels went right to a scrapyard. I pretty much guarantee it.

29. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Been hit myself before. Sad thing it was family! Dopeheads have no mercy, family or not, they don't care who they steal from to get their fix.

30. My wife used to keep her gold chains etc inside of her closet on hooks so she could match them up with what she was going to wear that day. They totally missed that. I had gotten her a new ruby ring for Christmas, it was out for sizing which was a stroke of luck.