Register now to get rid of these ads!

300 ford 6 dohc home and running

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 8th grade genius, Sep 14, 2014.

1. OLD TIRES ?? be careful,,,,,,,,,,,,

Deuces likes this.
  2. Got it too the track and made a couple of gentle passes, pulls hard when in the throttle, cut a bypass o-ring changing pills and didn't have a spare to get any more passes in. Ran 108 mph just playing with it. Not my cup of tea don't know how you guys do it with all of the safety gear on.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Deuces likes this.
  3. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Saw a link to the Craigs listing on another site glad to see it's in good hands now.

Deuces and Pastor Cliff like this.
  4. Pastor Cliff

Pastor Cliff

I am trying to get ahold of the current owner to purchase this car. I talked with him once but never got his number. God willing he will answer my email and call me back so I can buy this from him! My number is 918-708-5620 if anybody has his contact info. Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
    Deuces, volvobrynk and bantam like this.
  5. rockyfarmer

rockyfarmer

Wow!....That's just tooo cool!

Deuces likes this.
  6. Pastor Cliff

Pastor Cliff

Was this link in Claremore, OK? I completely fell head over heals in love with this beauty before I ever saw this site. I was doing a search on Kinsler fuel injection 300 Ford inline 6 when I found this site

Deuces likes this.
  7. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Yes it was in Claremore

8. Pastor Cliff

Pastor Cliff

I am glad for 8th grade, but nearly heart broken. I found this on CL the other day and thought it was still for sale, and that 8th grade genious was the seller. Come to find out he bought the car from the CL ad and the seller had not taken it off yet. I nearly went to tears when I saw my love lost to another man. Kudos to him and his watchful eye though, I pray he sells it to me if he ever decides to let her go. What a masterpiece of engineering and love this head and injection system was. Sweet sweet sweet and so beautiful.

Deuces and volvobrynk like this.
  9. Crosley

Crosley
    from Aridzona

Very kool ,just sitting there

Deuces likes this.
  10. Just found this, didn't see anyone suggest this, so here's my S.W.A.G.. In the late-'60s/early-'70s, Richard Moser created a bolt-on, belt-driven 4-valve head for the SBC, and got Harvey Crane to produce it. I think very few sets were sold, being rather expensive for that day. I'm guessing the builder did some cut-and-weld with two or three of these Moser/Crane heads. The bottom end is probably plain old Ford Big Six.

Wonder where the tooling went. Anybody here know an old Crane employee?

FWIW, at about the same time, Weslake (IIRC) also brought out a 4-valve head for the SBC; theirs was pushrod-operated. Again, I think very few were sold.

I have the Hot Rod article on the introduction of the Moser head, and if y'all want it I can have some computer-smart guy scan it and post it here some time (where's the best place to put it so people can find it?).

Deuces, volvobrynk and loudbang like this.
  11. chase knight

chase knight

The Ford head is nothing at all like a Moser, which was 4-valve per cylinder with bucket followers. The remaining Moser inventory, patterns, and drawings were acquired from Harvey's estate about a year ago by Pete Aardema. Regards, Chase

Deuces, volvobrynk and loudbang like this.
  12. Aw dang, saw the two cams, got excited, and assumed 4-valve without counting! Doh!!

Deuces likes this.
  13. awesome!

Deuces likes this.
  14. bagbyknotter

bagbyknotter
    from Georgia

What a neat and awesome pice of engineering. Have you found out any more about it.

Deuces likes this.
  15. drtrcrV-8

drtrcrV-8

BUMP!!!

Deuces likes this.
  16. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Very cool!

Deuces likes this.
  17. No updates yet, i can't believe no one knows or remembers it?

18. BISHOP

BISHOP

Ruler

Deuces likes this.
  19. drtrcrV-8

drtrcrV-8

20. drtrcrV-8

drtrcrV-8

BUMP!!

Deuces likes this.
  21. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

sometimes projects on the ragged edge of technological capability are unsuccessful, for one reason or another. at the time this car looks to have been built it could have been legal for only the e/altered class. It could have run in e/ econo altered if it used a stock head but the hybrid head would have moved it over to E/A. the e/ea cars were running around 9.7 at that time. the e/a cars would have had a much tougher row-to-hoe with the good ones (mostly Fords with welded V8 Cleveland heads or aluminum nascar equivalents) running low 8s.

i'm thinking this car was not competitive in its initial trials and the disheartened owner(s) gave up lost interest in running it or spending any more r&d time and money on it.
    partnerships break up, divorces happen, yadda,yadda the history of the sport is filled with stillborn attempts.

Deuces likes this.
  22. If I bring my own wrench can I monkey with it? :D

I guess I'll have to make it to MOKAN in '15. But you're starting a little early aren't ya?

23. das858

das858

Never too early to start planning for the H.A.M.B. drags beaner!

Deuces likes this.
  24. Hey 8GG, I assume you went to US36 back in Sept. for your test runs. Anything new?

25. drtrcrV-8

drtrcrV-8

BUMP

Deuces likes this.
  26. You obviously don't know Mike. Some of his cars actually get built on the trailer Friday night. ;)

27. Only thing new is the engine is coming out for head gasket and seals and oil pump and bearings. I also bought a fiat body for it, still looking for some 12 spokes and rear wheels that ain't made out of unobtainium );

Deuces likes this.
  28. drtrcrV-8

drtrcrV-8

BUMP

Deuces likes this.
  29. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

[​IMG]

Here is one he finished in the parking lot of the Ramada one year. First pass was headlights at the guardrail, but still did about 130mph at the stripe.

See you in August. -Abone.

Deuces likes this.
  30. drtrcrV-8

drtrcrV-8

BUMP

Deuces likes this.