Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Roadster Accident on 5frwy this morning!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Prayers to the Javier family from our household as well ...

2. rush549

rush549
    from Kansas

I'm almost certain it isn't glass. It appears that it was possibly using the original cowl tank and caught fire.

volvobrynk likes this.
  3. 40 posts deleted in this thread so far and I've only begun.

Despite my better judgement, I'm going to leave this thread open so that Mr. Martinez's condition can be updated. Those who want to continue the pissing match or make inappropriate comments will be dealt with by the staff; the HAMB is not your personal platform to rant, make political statements, or debate the finer points of immigration. Take that $hit to Facebook or Twitter.

Perhaps it's time to take a second look at why this message board exists; http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/the-h-a-m-b-rules-guidelines.44274/

Read it. Absorb it. Follow it. And, perhaps, reevaluate your motives for posting here.

4. CGkidd

CGkidd

5. PoRodder

PoRodder
    from St. Louis

I was always told that disc brakes should never be used with an I Beam axle. I pray for a full recovery.

6. Muttley

Muttley

Really hoping for a good outcome to all of this. Get well soon Javier.

volvobrynk and kidcampbell71 like this.
  7. Hurley50

Hurley50
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NC

Wow, hate to see this. hoping for a full recovery.

8. mjcat

mjcat

Seeing this makes my stomach turn to knots. Praying for a full recovery. Get well soon brother.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

volvobrynk likes this.
  9. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Hope the driver recovers well and glad the moderator stepped in. I am shure Bob's intention was the well being of the fellow hot rodder, and may be we can give him a hand fixing his car again or donate a part. We should use this thread for something positive and try to help the guy out . Actions like this would make make us all proud to be H.A.M.B. members , instead of being embaresed by some peoples comments .

whiplash1923T and 39ChevyBob like this.
  10. Here is a Quote from the Martinez Industries folks;
    "Anyone know who the driver of the car is? We've heard rumors it was someone named, Javier Martinez, NO relation! Regardless, this is a bad situation. Hopefully the driver of the car will recover. Just another reason to be safe in our travels and in our cars. Wishing all the best for the driver and his family."

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
    volvobrynk likes this.
  11. Yes, I'm sorry. I just thought the kid put together a nice car, and remember the post regarding Martinez Industries earlier in this thread.........with an old Rod and Custom article regarding a car they built. They are a very good company, regardless.

My memory is maybe not so good.....but my point was this should all be about the guy pulling through in a positive way, and to forget about the safety arguments.

I see the moderators already got that worked out. I still hope for the best.

I just hate seeing this happen to anyone, but most definitely have a softer spot for like minded people....having tragedy fall upon them. Makes me understand how it could very well happen to ME. I love my kids, family, and friends too much maybe......and all of us could very well deserve tragedy the same....one day. Who am I to think it couldn't ?

No matter how good we may be, or how many friends we may have.....or how safe one may be.....sometimes it just doesn't matter.....it sucks to be in the wrong place, at the wrong time. I will try to live my life a little bit better, and look around a bit more.....but again....we are not always so lucky for that to matter in life. God bless to everyone.

....and to be honest, I am not very religious.....but I guess that's my way to say I love you....to a bunch of people that I will never really meet.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
    whiplash1923T likes this.

12. THANK YOU......

13. I think this thread should continue for the sole purpose of factual updates on the condition of the driver and if ever available, factual reports on the cause of the accident. As far as discussion on the pros/cons of seatbelts in a roadster, I don't see why there would be an objection to a new thread started for that purpose.

14. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

15. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

16. ruralrod

ruralrod

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Dave50 likes this.
  17. Just heard from my friend last night and she said he's unconscious, but stable. They aren't letting anybody see him, but family. Don't know if that's good or bad...

daddio211 and volvobrynk like this.
  18. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

I'm sure he is in the ICU with that bad of a wreck so it's normal that only family can see him. Hope he pulls through, that picture is horrible. Praying for him and his family.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
    volvobrynk likes this.
  19. speedyb

speedyb
    from socal

Thanks, been thinking about him alot.

20. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Any up-dated news, hopefully good?

volvobrynk likes this.
  21. daddio211

daddio211

Bringing this back to the top. Anyone know how he's doing?

26 T Ford RPU likes this.
  22. Praying for the driver and the family...

Maybe we could raise some funds for this hurting fella?

daddio211 likes this.
  23. ZZLEGEND

ZZLEGEND

24. Cheers for the update, hoping for the best outcome. JW

speedyb likes this.
  25. T.L.

T.L.
    from Colorado

Sad story. I hope he recovers...

26. 19Eddy30

19Eddy30
    from VA

27. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

Good to hear he is recovering.

28. Thanks for the link. Things are tight, but made a small donation, on behalf of all the misfires. Posted to our club FB page. Guess every little bit counts. Hope if the tables were turned, people would reach out, even if it was a few bucks.
    I feel very fortunate, to be healthy, but my wife has been in the hospital several times, in the last 6mos. Thank God for my health insurance, through my job. Would be totally screwed. Even the co-pays can be a pain in the ass. Hell, we had to pay almost 2g's for our Dog at the vet.:(
    JT

29. Also was a major discussion today, on a Hot Rod podcast I listen to. Hundreds of people tune into it every week. Maybe next week he will mention the donation link.

30. 296ardun

296ardun

Thanks for the update...he was one of us, and it is great to hear that he seems to be slowly improving...and thanks for keeping the thread open, and deleting the editorials...this ought to be about a fellow hot rodder who is still in bad shape.

whiplash1923T and slammed like this.