Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical '57 Ford E-code question.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Al T, Sep 27, 2014.

1. I've got a '57 Sunliner purchased on the HAMB last summer. The car is a D-code but had an E-code dual quad set-up installed in the early 60's. I'm planning on going back to the original 4 barrel intake and carb. What I'm wondering is what parts are specific to the E-code set-up. I'm planning on doing the swap over the winter and want to keep the E-code set-up complete so I'll buy replacement parts for the swap. I've got a nice D-code spread bore intake, carb and air cleaner. I realize the garbage can fuel filter, associated fuel lines and valley pan are specific to the E-code, but what else? Is the distributor E-code specific? Thermostat housing,? There's no bell crank on the dual quad intake so I assume all the throttle linkage is E-code specific?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Allan

2. ken1939

ken1939

I think this may be a good question for The Ford Barn.

3. spdster

spdster

You are right about the garbage can fuel filter, associated fuel lines and valley pan they are specific to the E-code. The distributor is E-code specific. The bell crank on the dual quad intake and transmission kickdown rod are also specific . The cam may be a little hotter and there were different parts in the transmission both auto and stick. But remember that this a 57 year old car and and many of those "E" parts may have been changed over the years. So you have to check the numbers.

loudbang likes this.
  4. Also try y-blocksforever.com

5. 57Ford.com too.

Is the dual quad setup giving you fits? Looks clean, but doesn't mean much. They are sometimes fun and not fun...... to handle, and live with. Would love to have it, though.....I must admit. They made 1363 TBird E codes in 57.....dunno' the numbers on the other production models. I know you said that you may keep it......but you would get some great money for the setup and pan. If I was home near my Ford stacks....I could give much better info....then my current gibberish. I love me some Ford engines.