Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Roadster Accident on 5frwy this morning!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Sep 26, 2014.

1. 1929rats

1929rats

I just hope the driver is OK. I just said a prayer for him/her....

I am always extra careful driving my roadster....was hit once (woman hit my rear cheater slick passing me on the right in the breakdown lane taking an illegal turn on the road) ----- miracle nothing happened, not one weld was compromised....

Truth be told, I always worry about deer around here! That would be messy......I just hope this fella is OK and can build another car someday to enjoy again!

2. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

IMO--IT'S A VERY SERIOUS ACCIDENT WITH A VERY SERIOUS INJURY. I personally think, after all opinions, speculations and rants , we'd all do well to say a personal prayer for the guy and sit back and lit this thing play out

3. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I agree Fred, wishes of recovery for the driver, and questions about what caused the accident, including did the axle break before the accident and cause it, or get broken after the fact when another car hit the roadter, and is the axle cast or forged are IMO on topic, and also the advantages and disadvantages of seat belts.
    But not in the furtherest stretch of my imagination can I understand WTF laying a motorcycle down has to do with this.
    And I do agree with Fuzzy, fenderless cars are at a definite disadvantage on modern Xways. Atlanta Xway traffic in mine is scary as alol hell.

4. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I might have missed it, but does anyone here know the man who wrecked ?

Don

5. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I knew what you meant Fuzzy, just didn't comment on that.

6. Never saw a stock Henry beam axle break. Henry's stock beam axles are one of the toughest pieces of steel ever made.

7. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hmmm,---Anyone know what actually caused this to happen??

8. The37Kid

The37Kid

It would be nice if everyone could just focus all this energy on wishing the Roadster driver a full and speedy recovery. Bob

9. LWEL9226

LWEL9226
    from So. Oregon

What He said X2
    LW

10. ratman

ratman

This thread has multiple disrespectful comments regarding this tragedy.
    As for the comments of "it's kinda ratty" and "Sgt Gomez is an idiot" All I can say is the wrong people are being called idiots. Most of the crap posted in this thread proves that.

I hope the owner has a speedy recovery.

11. firingorder1

firingorder1

Nobody has a friggin'' clue. I can only pray that whoever was involved in the crash makes it through OK.

volvobrynk likes this.
  12. I've got a LOT of things I could say, but won't out of respect for a fellow hot rodder and his family.

slammed likes this.
  13. Bubba1955

Bubba1955

Only offered in jest.

14. Praying for a good updated report on Javier Martinez's condition. HRP

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
    volvobrynk and Bubba1955 like this.
  15. Hey Don, seems you got ignored, but on page 2 the driver was identified as Javier Martinez. Like everyone else (or nearly anyhow) I hope Javier pulls through this OK and is back home with his loved ones real soon.

volvobrynk and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  16. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Guys count your blessings and pray for all the people involved . We just never know when it could happen to one of us. I watch out for late models anytime I drive my hot rods

volvobrynk and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  17. CGkidd

CGkidd

Anyone on here heard anymore on his condition?

18. Google Martinez Industries for info on this ,also on face book.
    Best wishes for his family & excellent recovery.

19. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

heres a pic of Mr Martinez.And a more respectful shot of his car.

Attached Files:

volvobrynk and slammed like this.
  20. slammed

slammed

The derailing comments of this thread is another textbook reason so many of the original HAMB members are seldom seen or care to post.

21. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

I couldn,t agree more

22. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I was commenting on anyone who may be more than 66 years old getting onto a skateboard. But more importantly I was wondering if glass A bodies have a cowl mounted gas tank. Both I believe would be inherently dangerous.

23. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Don meant does any one here know him personally..

24. DC43

DC43

To clarify my previous statements, in case We offended anyone-
    My Wife and I are STILL praying for Javier's speedy and complete recovery, and for the trials his family must be experiencing, FIRST and FOREMOST.
    Secondly, it is OUR choice to build the safest car that We can, as a matter of Our own choice, and NOT a reflection of anybody else's choices. Honestly, the argument of whether or not a person builds a "safe" car is a completely moot point, when it is presented after the fact.
    We can be "smart" and learn from our mistakes, or be "wise" and learn from the mistakes of others.
    I have fortunately lived long enough to understand the meaning of those words, that My Grandfather and My Father spoke to me, all those years ago...................
    For Our part- My Wife and I will continue to pray for Javier and his family and loved ones.

25. I may be wrong but doesn't Dennis Martinez own that company ? That guy is a big time hot rod interior man, if so. His family definitely knows their way around this hobby.....with vehicle safety now a moot point....I think. Been entrenched for at least 4 decades.

26. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

His name is Dave not Dennis

27. CruZer

CruZer

I hope that if I ever have an accident in my roadster, no one on the HAMB ever hears about it. Sheeeezzzz.

28. lewk

lewk
    from Mt

Javier Martinez, heal up quickly. If anyone ever actually figures out what actually happened, please share.

bali-rod likes this.
  29. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

Like others here I hope the driver recovers. And as much as this thread is unpopular I bet it has made many of us think about what can happen. I am a firm believer of belts, but , I would never want to be strapped into a glass car if they burn like that.

volvobrynk likes this.
  30. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Prayers for Javier and his family.

-Mike & Joey