Register now to get rid of these ads!

what did you get done today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 4rod, Mar 2, 2013.

1. walter

walter

Worked all day wanted to finish blocking the roadster and put a coat of primer but the little wife had other ideas. Maybe tomarrow?

2. Muttley

Muttley

Got up at the crack of dawn to beat the heat and do some maintenance on the Comets fuel system. I got it all sorted out and running great only to discover that it's now severely overheating. :mad: I think that ancient 289 may be done for. :(

3. Hot during the day here in NY, so I worked on my '59 Ford once the sun dipped below the trees. Removed the old crusty master, the exhaust, removed a partial rats-nest of wiring from under the hood and engine compartment.
    Got a bunch of brake and front end parts in from Joblot and Rock Auto, waiting on an order from Amazon, Councours and C&G Ford.

4. cheepsk8

cheepsk8
    from west ky

Back to thrashing on the 34, got both doors hung by factory style hinges. Lots of work but the end result was worth it. Hidden hinges from an 80s build, next is door and trunk handles where they were shaved. 2014-05-11_10.01.34.jpg 2014-05-11_10.01.09.jpg 2014-08-10_17.11.43.jpg

Attached Files:

daddio211 likes this.
  5. Speed~On

Speed~On

Today was a good day. I now have new double gusseted aluminum mounting brackets welded to my aluminum radiator. The new spring/bolt radiator mounting kit with rubber pads arrived. I fixed and painted my fan shroud. Mounted the radiator correctly but keeping my fingers crossed this works out. Took several test drives and all is well so far.
    I'm tired, also went to the gym for a workout then sprinted 2 miles. Also mowed the lawn.....I'm going to sleep good tonight!

6. Got my A chassis 90% done! Not 100% traditional, but neither am I....... image.jpg

7. I post most of my build on the '52-'59 Ford forum, but today I only got some parts in the mail from Speedway. A nice disc/drum master, proportioning valve and an AFCO battery box. Raining like a bastard, the car is under a tarp until I finish the dirty work.

grifcarnut likes this.
  8. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Converting my 66 F250 into a 1/2 ton,the front is all done so tonight I installed the 69 F100 9 inch housing and loosely put on the 76 rear sway bar and I think I can make it work with late 80s links. Before the 9 inch went in I removed 3 leaves out of the springs which I hope makes it ride a little better,when its all done it will have disc brakes up front and front and rear sway bars and highway friendly gears so I can take long trips in it. It might not be a traditional truck but why spend 15 to 20 grand on a newer truck when I can spend only a couple grand improving the 66,the next thing to do will be finding a original 66 automatic steering column and getting rid of the lokar shifter so I can put a period under dash a/c in the center of the dash.

plumbid likes this.
  9. 0921141724.jpg 0921141724a.jpg These are the pix that go with my above post. Finally getting something that resembles a car out of my '59 Ford.

10. bigdog

bigdog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I took a nap--

11. I finally got my truck << to start and idle as it should!! Chuffed, I am!! Now, a couple of shift linkage balls and it hits the road!!

Cosmo

12. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

just puttin the finishing touches on this '59 .060 over 389, originally built by "ohio george" back in the 60's. pontiac engine 006.JPG pontiac engine 007.JPG pontiac engine 007.JPG

olcurmdgeon likes this.
  13. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

004.JPG Today I took the missus apple picking. Had a great conversation with some old guys (I'm 71) sitting on the picnic table at the farm about '40 Fords and moonshine. One of the guys was from KY. I eschew these "line up by class" type shows. It is a lot better to just drive your hotrod and meet the nicest folks along the way.

tfeverfred likes this.
  14. Finished stripping out a parts car and loaded it on the trailer.

15. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I found out that the 3/4" 8-24 screw I bought for my O/T Corvette was too short. Then I went out with a good friend and had a couple of drinks. The weather here in north central Minnesota is absolutely wonderful lately. I think I had a very good day. (I'll buy the correct length screw at the local hardware store on Monday).

16. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Drove my fender less, seatbelt less, Roadster on the freeway for about 30 minutes. When I parked it, I gave Old Man Death the finger.

plumbid likes this.
  17. chillin53riv

chillin53riv

stripped the paint and body filler from the rear area of my 53 buick.

18. walter

walter

Painted door hinges, latchs, seat frame and deck lid. No runs, No drips, No errors!!

19. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Did nothing on the cars but tried to locate some parts at a couple junkyards.

20. 55willys

55willys

Shortened the drag link and bent the steering hoop to be parallel to it on the modified of fastrnu 26-27 modified (all Ford by Ford) Jim

21. 340HilbornDuster

340HilbornDuster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hung out with my Wife all day...Beach, walks & stuff...
    She Happy! = I get to work on Tub tomorrow!...She Happy!

22. jetcycles

jetcycles

I replaced sway bar end links/bushings, pulled my old master cylinder, and finally got my parking light housings out of the grill. Rebuilding one of two carbs and drinking coffee right now, hoping to get this carb buttoned back up before the wife and daughter get up.

23. jack_pine

jack_pine
    from Motor City

I think this situation will somehow influence my plans for the day

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

24. Got the centerlink back into the '59, also idler arm and tie rods. Definitely not happy with some of the off-shore hardware that came with them. Got my passenger side door working at least from the outside.

25. Nothing car related unless you consider the use of my later model pickup to help move ladyhrp's flower shop to a new location. HRP

26. Muttley

Muttley

Another spectacular weekend here in the Fresno area. :rolleyes: Saturday I awoke to the best day weather-wise that we have had in months...........the first day under 90° that I can remember, probably since May. Sat around for a couple of hours trying desperately to think of something to do and.........nothing. Literally, nothing to do. I figured I might as well sleep and went back to bed. Today I had planned to go to an antique festival downtown hoping to score some cool stuff so I set my alarm for zero dark thirty and...............awoke to thunderstorms. :mad: :mad: Looks like another day of nothing to do. I really, really hate living here.

27. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Was in the garage tinkering with the 66,tried to find the 9 inch pig with the 2.75 gears but it was missing in action but did fine the pigs with the 3.50 and 3.00 that is missing the yoke. The parts truck behind the garage has 2.75 gear so after I take a ride on the motorcycle I will remove it and replace it with the yoke less pig,I must have gave to to someone years ago but can not remember.

28. 340HilbornDuster

340HilbornDuster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Jack...Awesome Van!

29. 0927141811.jpg 0927141811a.jpg 0927141811c.jpg Front end in the '59 is complete less the sway bar, also got the front discs in. And... I can now open the passenger-side door whenever I want to.

30. jack_pine

jack_pine
    from Motor City

Thanks, 340Hilborn.... I think the fuel pump relay died. It started right up at home... (sssh! It's fuel injected....)

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!