Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical best affordable interior insulation?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by barfers, Sep 26, 2014.

1. barfers

barfers
    from Florida

who sells the best and affordable interoir insulation for your ride?

SmoKerch likes this.
  2. southsider

southsider
    from Pella, IA

Member: Lobucrod - http://www.lobucrod.com/

My dad and I have used it on several products. Good stuff at a great price.

3. Your gonna get three million opinions on that. The Home Depot deader tar like on one side alumnium on the other plus check with Locorod here on the HAMB. He is in Springtown, Texas. First opinion. Oops second

4. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Type you use can be more sound deadening or heat insulation application depending what's your aim. Search Peel and Seal for good info and options. Pros and cons.

5. barfers

barfers
    from Florida

thank you guys

6. Lowes. Peel and seal. Sold in MOST Lowes. But it's not insulation, it's sound deadening. Jute carpet backer is probably the best insulation, and many vendors sell this.

Cosmo

7. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

X2. Great product.

8. AHotRod

AHotRod

X100 ......... I use his product in my car builds, I highly recommend it.

9. Mix Micro Balloons into enamel or latex paint.
    Apply 3 coats, works very well. And dirt cheap.

10. fatkoop

fatkoop

I used 2 layers of Peel-N-Seal on the floors of my '40, from firewall to trunk latch. On top of that, there is felt underlayment and then carpeting. In the doors and quarters and roof I put in 2 layers of foil-covered bubble wrap. The car has never felt so solid or quiet or comfortable in more than 12 years of driving it. Probably spent a little over $100 on insulation.

11. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Depends on your definition of "affordable" and "best"...

Lizardskin is by far the "best," IMHO, it kills heat and deadens sound. I've used it in several of my cars and will use it again...then again "Suppressor" matte is what drag racers use to insulate the firewalls of their cars...it also kills heat and deadens sound, available at speedshops. Pricewise these are about the same...Lobucrod's insulation is great for the roof, I've used it in my '60 Chevy wagon, it doesn't kill all the heat from the roof, but it knocks it down to manageable temps -

Of course, when a car floor is done with the first two, I always put jute padding over the top and then carpet, that effectively kills all heat and sound... and I guess it depends entirely on IF you're going to finish your car or simply run around with out covering the floor completely...

R-

12. oldolds

oldolds

One time I was in the late model junk yard. There was a Taurus wagon there that someone had stripped the interior. They took the carpet but left the padding. It was one piece front to back. Laid out flat when I took it out. If the new car guys use it it works for me. it was tar paper and jute(sp?).

13. barfers

barfers
    from Florida

great info thank you

14. barfers

barfers
    from Florida

another great idea and super cheap thanks