Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Model A Rear and Quarter Windows Install and Parts?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Douglas B., Sep 25, 2014.

1. Douglas B.

Douglas B.

Hey Guys,
    I picked up a sweet '30 Model A coupe that has been chopped.It was done really well, but it does not have any quarter or back glass. What do I need to install them? This is the first coupe I have owned. I have the quarter window garnishes, I believe they are called, but they are stock and not chopped and that's it for parts. If someone can point me in the right direction for parts and installation procedure I would appreciate it. (I have a good glass shop to cut the glass for me too when its time.)

Thanks again!

Attached Files:

2. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

Well you already know you need to cut down the garnishes and youll need the rubber kit. Other than that you need nails and screws. Oh and wood to nail and screw too of course.

3. aircoup

aircoup

does it have the wood frames installed ?if so make some cardboard templates and transfer that to wood about a quarter inch thickabout the same as the glass thickness , test fit it and take it to youre local glass shop for cutting , installation is fairly easy , its held with tiny nails and your mouldings and some gasket material

4. Allow for the rubber around the glass when making your pattern..

5. Douglas B.

Douglas B.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1411692848.126364.jpg

Thanks guys! I don't have any wood on there now. Does someone make it pre-fabbed or do I need to make it and if so what size wood? Also does it just use silicone to install? Or actual rubber gaskets?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. Use rubber channel for installing the three glasses. Macs and most of the others sell it.

7. acme30

acme30
    from Australia

You should be able to buy a wood kit from Macs, CW Moss or Snyders but in OZ we replace the wood with square steel tube to stiffen it all up

Good luck with your project

8. clem

clem

Any pictures from those that have done it? Thanks