Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Looking for 46 Lincoln parts source

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by evilkazeevil, Sep 25, 2014.

1. In the next month or two I am going to be starting on this 46 Lincoln coupe. Outside of the body in in suprisingly great shape, but the floors and rockers are literally non existant. Looking for a sheet metal source for the car. If I don't find anything I will just start building my own, but with this car I would really like to find a good source for nice original style stamped pans. From the bottom of the firewall to the trunk area I have nothing, no tranny tunnel, nothing.

Attached Files:

2. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Start out by joining the LZOC/ Lincoln Zephyr Owner's club as a way of tracking down the supply chain.

3. Try Allen Whelihan: Vintage Auto Warehouse. 4975 Winchester Blvd, Fredrick, Md, 21703. (301)874-5464. He had a lot of parts for Lincolns.

4. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

You might as well plan on building your own sheet metal. Post-War Lincolns were / are rare enough that no one is really interested in investing the tooling dollars to stamp replacement parts for the one or two guys each year that restore these cars.

There may be a source, and if there is someone on the HAMB will know about it and likely post it. You may have better luck finding a parts car or NOS parts, then re-pops.

5. Will do, thanks for the info

6. Thanks

7. That was kind of my initial thinking, but I talked to Paul Bradley out of Charlotte, NC and I think he and I are going to come to a deal for him to build them for me.

8. Evil, Don;t know what you are looking for, look on E-bay. ( 1946 1947 1948 Lincoln parts ) there are fenders, grille and other parts on now.