Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Blue Max Racing

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Speedrome, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Speedrome

Speedrome
    from Irving, TX

Mechanical wizard, Harry Schmidt, created the original Blue Max Funny Car in 1970, and campaigned it with much success. He then teamed with fellow Texan, Raymond Beadle, in 1975, and the combined team reached a new level. They were both successful on the track and with the fans. Blue Max racing ruled the dragstrip for years, and was also a leader in marketing and sponsorship. The Blue Max race team won three NHRA championships, three IHRA championships, innumerable match races and one NASCAR Winston Cup championship.

At the 2014 Racers Reunion we will be featuring Raymond Beadle and the Blue Max Race Team. Raymond will be on hand along with Harry's widow as we celebrate the accomplishments of the successful duo.

[​IMG]

Saturday Sept. 27, 2014
    1551 Corporate Dr. Suite 125
    Irving, TX 75038
    2:00 pm

Check out the web site or Facebook for more details about the Bench Racing, Model Contest, Silent Auction. Race Cars on Display and the other featured subject Emmett Hahn.

Tickets are $35 and that includes the dinner and feature presentations.
    www.RadiusNation.net

[​IMG]

Bart

2. slowmotion

slowmotion

Brings back memories of when they used to run the SpringNationals in Columbus. The Blue Max was a crowd pleaser & very fast. That was back when you could rub elbows with the crew & shoot the shit if they had time. No 50ft buffer barrier.

3. Hi Bart,
    I/m happy to see your post today,,Wish I was young enough to make the drive out for your shindig..you might say hello to Raymond for me..Its been a long time since I saw him last.
    Bob Wolcott

4. Speedrome

Speedrome
    from Irving, TX

Bob,

You are never too old.

Last year there were 5-6 guys over 90 there...still telling stories!

Bart

5. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

One of my favorites. Wish I could attend.

6. Speedrome

Speedrome
    from Irving, TX

Bump for the weekend racers.

7. Speedrome

Speedrome
    from Irving, TX

2014-RRB-Banner-04.jpg

We are one week away from what appears to be another amazing gathering of racers and race fans at the 2014 Racers Reunion Banquet on September 27th. You have just a few more days to purchase your tickets for an full day of racing related activities. There will be vintage race cars on display, a silent auction of racing related memorabilia and tons of bench racing throughout the day.

Multi-time midget champion Kevin Olson will entertain as he makes his first appearance at the Racers Reunion. Kevin will bring his keen sense of humor and race track wisdom as he will leads the day as the Master of Ceremonies.

Historian Bill Hill will share racing stories from the road, from the corporate board room and from behind the scenes marketing departments of race tracks and organizations in the afternoon breakout session. Surely not to be missed is the man who has been described as a master of publicity and public relations.

Blue Max Racing team mate Waterbed Fred Miller is going to lead the group of first hand stories and antidotes about life with the Blue Max Racing team. Raymond Beadle and other team mates will be there to keep Fred in order and to share their favorite stories.

We are honored that Emmett Hahn is taking time from his hectic travel schedule to be with us on Saturday, September 27th in Los Colinas area of Irving, Texas. Emmett will tell some of his favorite stories and then take questions from the group, which should be quite entertaining.

You must purchase your tickets but Monday September 22nd to reserve your seat. Don’t miss out!

Get your tickets now!
    DETAILS
    Saturday September 27, 2014

1:00 PM – Model Contestant Registration & Set-up
    2:00 PM – Model Contest, Bench Racing, Silent Auction & Special Presentations
    5:00 PM – Autograph Session
    6:00 PM – Dinner & Feature Presentations
    1551 Corporate Dr. Suite 125
    Irving, TX 75038

Friday – Shop Tour 3:30 pm (email to RSVP)
    Friday Dinner 7:00 pm at Sal’s Italian Restaurant

Purchase tickets by Sept. 22nd HERE.
    All-day Pass $35

Or mail a check payable to RADIUS NATION.
    Send to Greg Scott c/o Racers Reunion
    8004 Chancellor Row, Dallas, TX 75247
    Groups of 6-8 can reserve a table. Identify your group name when you order tickets.

Host Hotel
    SpringHill Suites by Marriott
    (972)580-1120
    www.RadiusNation.net

8. Trouble Maker's Tea

Trouble Maker's Tea

My favorite of all of the Blue Max cars was the Mustang II. Just love that body as a Funny Car.

9. 4thhorseman

4thhorseman
    from SW Desert

I'm partial to the '69 myself.
    [​IMG]

10. aircap

aircap

Emmett is a Wichita dirt racing legend!

11. slammed

slammed

Back in the '70's local guy's went to Cordova Il Dragway every summer and would come back raving about the 'BlueMax' funny car!. T-Shirts were always purchased. Legends.

12. 69supercj

69supercj

Loved those Mustangs of the Blue Max!!! I kinda like the 69 the best myself. Did they ever run the Cammer or the Boss 9 motor or were they always Chrysler Hemi powered?

stillrunners likes this.
  13. Speedrome

Speedrome
    from Irving, TX

We are scheduled to have the 1981 Funny Car at the event. I'll see if I can get a photo of it.