Register now to get rid of these ads!

Go for a ride? Mans best copilots!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by no55mad, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

SOMEbody's a COMIC! and a really GOOD one :) o_O

2. drtybiker

drtybiker
    from florida

Awsome.....

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

Some of you, particularly those who think they have recently lost a dog to “death”, don’t really understand this. I’ve had no desire to explain, but won’t be around forever and must.

Dogs never die. They don’t know how to. They get tired, and very old, and their bones hurt. Of course they don’t die. If they did they would not want to always go for a walk, even long after their old bones say:” No, no, not a good idea. Let’s not go for a walk.” Nope, dogs always want to go for a walk. They might get one step before their aging tendons collapse them into a heap on the floor, but that’s what dogs are. They walk.

It’s not that they dislike your company. On the contrary, a walk with you is all there is. Their boss, and the cacaphonic symphony of odor that the world is. Cat poop, another dog’s mark, a rotting chicken bone ( exultation), and you. That’s what makes their world perfect, and in a perfect world death has no place.

However, dogs get very very sleepy. That’s the thing, you see. They don’t teach you that at the fancy university where they explain about quarks, gluons, and Keynesian economics. They know so much they forget that dogs never die. It’s a shame, really. Dogs have so much to offer and people just talk a lot.

When you think your dog has died, it has just fallen asleep in your heart. And by the way, it is wagging it’s tail madly, you see, and that’s why your chest hurts so much and you cry all the time. Who would not cry with a happy dog wagging its tail in their chest. Ouch! Wap wap wap wap wap, that hurts. But they only wag when they wake up. That’s when they say: “Thanks Boss! Thanks for a warm place to sleep and always next to your heart, the best place.”

When they first fall asleep, they wake up all the time, and that’s why, of course, you cry all the time. Wap, wap, wap. After a while they sleep more. (remember, a dog while is not a human while. You take your dog for walk, it’s a day full of adventure in an hour. Then you come home and it’s a week, well one of your days, but a week, really, before the dog gets another walk. No WONDER they love walks.)

Anyway, like I was saying, they fall asleep in your heart, and when they wake up, they wag their tail. After a few dog years, they sleep for longer naps, and you would too. They were a GOOD DOG all their life, and you both know it. It gets tiring being a good dog all the time, particularly when you get old and your bones hurt and you fall on your face and don’t want to go outside to pee when it is raining but do anyway, because you are a good dog. So understand, after they have been sleeping in your heart, they will sleep longer and longer.

But don’t get fooled. They are not “dead.” There’s no such thing, really. They are sleeping in your heart, and they will wake up, usually when you’re not expecting it. It’s just who they are.

I feel sorry for people who don’t have dogs sleeping in their heart. You’ve missed so much. Excuse me, I have to go cry now.

[from reddit]

4. Exceptional! ^^^ After losing three dogs this year in my family to accidents or age, and having to put down my son's girlfriend's dog after a vicious attack by the neighbor's two pitbulls, this is a very uplifting view on a very tragic moment in a person's life. My little Gigi is always with me, no matter what.

5. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

My wife and I don't have any children so our "family" consists of a cat and 7 dogs. We got 4 of the dogs from our county's animal control department. They range in age from 4 to 12 and they definitely make life a lot more enjoyable. I made a video of them a couple of years ago....

6. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

enjoyed meetin yer "family" Lebowski :) *WISH* I could post up the first video I got of my shela's first SNOW encounter -- She'd never seen snow till this day -- parked the rig on the shoulder up on Mt Laguna [snow's about 2 ft deep ] opened the door and released Shela from her safety harness -- She jumped out and went to her belly in the cold WET stuff and immeadeatly began to leap straight up in the air!!! WTF is THIS?! She was sayin ;) :) :)

by the end o the day, however, she'd caught and ate FOUR field mice she'd scent tracked *under* the snow :O
    looked just like an artic fox followin her nose till she'd leap up and dive into the snow and come up w a mouse :)

"She" also "sings" ;)

patrick66 likes this.
  7. Great stuff Lebowski and Highwayman. I relate much better to Dogs than people. People often make no sense but my Dog always makes perfect sense.

patrick66 and SanDiegoHighwayman like this.
  8. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

your dog should tell you to put fenders on your roadster!

I just couldn't resist.

love this thread

9. Some of my best friends are CATS and DOGS. They never let me down and are always glad to see me!

10. I forget to mention that I have three cats, as well. All are outside residents, as I am allergic to them. But, they are as affectionate and loving as my two dogs are. One of my males is named Chou-Zsu, and he lives in the back yard. He loves my big dog RoRo! He'll lay down right next to her, or he'll zig-zag under and between her legs when she stands in the yard. It's so much fun to watch them.

My other two cats are Russia and Orangey. They are mother and son, and they hang out in the front yard. Very affectionate, as well. My dogs love to chase them around the yard, and they like the chase. All are outstanding mousers, and also get the occasional snake, too. I should post a few pics of them, as well.

11. Like I said I relate to Dogs better than bobwop's , I mean people!

12. Gman0046

Gman0046

SanDiegoHighwayman, great post. Thanks for sharing.

Gary

13. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

14. wityler

wityler

This is Elva.

[​IMG]

SanDiegoHighwayman likes this.
  15. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

Beautifull! marked the same as my Shela but in BROWN - TAN & white instead of black & white -- looks smart too :):cool:

16. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

Thanks. I liked your video too. I lived in San Diego from 1982-98 and remember seeing you and your rig around town a few times. Do you still cruise around helping people? That's pretty cool....

17. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  18. cold queso

cold queso

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411520138.388270.jpg Charlie ready to take the t-bucket out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

patrick66 likes this.
  20. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

GOOD! NOW to FIND and PROSECUTE the SCUMBAG who threw her trusting soul over the fence to LAND ON HER BACK on sharp gravel! WHAT a piece of work!

[​IMG]
    Puppy thrown over fence gets a 'furever' home
    A dog that was seen in surveillance video being thrown over a fence in Ramona and abandoned last month will be available for adoption on Tuesday.
    10NEWS.COM

21. Bubba1955

Bubba1955

Sadly I lost my copilot yesterday.
    My old boy Bubba July 4, 1998--Oct. 9, 2014.
    You've brought me more love, joy and laughter than words can describe.
    You've brought me comfort and solace in my darkest hours.
    We've had sixteen years of fun and frivolity.
    And I am truly for grateful for all the years we've had together.
    You've passed on now to that place where there's no sickness, strife or danger.
    I'll keep you in my heart for the rest of my days 'till we meet back up on the other side. 155988_134370696719602_128315200_n.jpg

patrick66 likes this.
  22. So sorry for your loss; he was one lucky dog......

Bubba1955 likes this.
  23. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

SO sorry for your loss Bubbal995 ! :(

Bubba1955 likes this.
  24. I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

Bubba1955 likes this.
  25. Bubbal955, so sorry for your loss.

Bubba1955 likes this.
  26. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

On our way back from breakfast today Betty decided she would like to see what it's like from the drivers side of the cab..............

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bubba1955 and SanDiegoHighwayman like this.
  27. town sedan

town sedan

BUBBA1955, sorry for your loss. I've known your pain before. HIGHWAYMAN, thank you for your wonderful post. It makes fretting over my 2 elderly pups (13 & 14) easier. Think it's time to go for a ride. Dave.

28. Bubba1955, I'm sorry about the loss of your Pal. It hurts like hell, I know. I can't tell you how much I love my two German Shepherds, Bodhi and Merlin. There is NOTHING is this world better than a good dog and I sure miss the ones I've lost over the years. The best friends I ever had:

Rags
    Honey
    Fred
    Tacoma,
    Hana,
    Heidi
    and Stoli

29. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

30. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

Monday, February 06, 2006

The Highway Man

by Jane Lui

according to a chinese oracle who calculated my birth and numbers, whenever i run into an issue, someone will be near to lend a hand. it's translated as "royal guest through grand gates."

i got a flat tire yesterday on the 163. so i called road side assistance.
    while on the phone with a very nice lady... i saw in my rearview mirror: the Ghostbuster mobile drove up.
    i swear.
    but on the front it said, "search & rescue."

i pulled my phone away from my ear, looked at it with a raised eyebrow, looked back at the mirror, a man was already walking up to me.

"Hi, i'm here to help. we'll get you on the road in no time."
    "what? are you asking for money?"
    he hands me a card with the greatest smile.
    "no. i do this for fun. i saw you from the other side of the highway, turned around and stopped here."
    "wh..what do you mean...you..you do this for FUN..."
    while the lady on the phone says, "well... it seems like you're ok..."
    "yeah..mm... thanks.. i'll call you again if i need anything..."
    he had me hooked.
    "it's what i do.. i look for people like you and help them get back on the road. they call me The Highway Man." i then looked for his cape.
    while getting my spare on within 5 minutes, he had me standing on the hill incase some drunk didn't see us around the bend. my job was to Scream, if.

i stood there... stunt.
    he's been doing this for 20 years. his partner in crime, Shela, had her chin out the window just waiting patiently in her black and white blotches.
    his business card says, "Assisting you has been my pleasure. I ask for no payment other than for you to pass on the favor by helping someone in distress that you may encounter."

Today. i am a believer.

---------------- Cool Shela 043.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.