Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage My Weekend in Texas. The Deuce Reunion.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 4psi, Sep 22, 2014.

1. 4psi

4psi

I spent the weekend in Texas with my friend at the 2014 Deuce reunion. I had a really good time, and I got to see some really nice cars, and meet some really cool people. The weather was HOT at times, and really humid between the scattered showers but nothing stopped us from having fun and lots of laughs.

Here are a few pictures from the 2014 Deuce Reunion weekend at the Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort in Bastrop Tx.

My friends really awesome Pheaton. I really love his car. I had a great time cruising around in it..even tho it was a bit wet at times :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We stopped for lunch on Saturday and had to button'er all the way up because the rain was coming in! :cool:

[​IMG]

We didn't exactly beat the weather back to the Hotel.
    :D:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Clearer skies prevailed and we were able to find a decently dry route back.
    [​IMG]

Later that evening we met back up with the rest of the Deuces Limited gang and had a few beers, a bit of wine, and an excellent dinner.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Perfect weekend! :cool: I hope you like the pictures. I tried to keep'em Hamb Friendly. I have a more pictures but they are questionable. lol. Thanks for looking.

-Charlie

Graystoke likes this.
  2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Great pics and I also LOVE the Phaeton!

40fordtudor likes this.
  3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

4. This was the year Deuce Roadster and I had planed on going to this run,after he passed away the boss lady and I decided to go to the '54 Nationals instead. HRP

5. Some beautiful cars and scenery. Looks like a blast.

6. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Looks cool.Love your buddies car and combination of covers he has for it. Thanks for sharing,

7. Looks like a great gathering,
    and the Phaeton Rules!!!

8. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Is it even possible to have a bad time when your driving a deuce and your surrounded by 32's. Even with the "slightly" bad weather looks like a good time was had by all.

Frank

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  9. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Outstanding----

10. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

you little turd...Jim Smith actually picked you up and chauffeured you down to Texas and back?
    ...did he make you buy the fuel? :D

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  11. Wow....this is awesome. Looks like a grand time. Thanks for the pics.

12. ownster

ownster

That Phaeton makes me drool...

13. cabriolethiboy

cabriolethiboy

How did I miss this? I would like to go next year.

14. wayne-o

wayne-o

Great to meet you this past weekend. You have a great mentor in Jim, I am sure he will keep you on track with your build.
    Wayne

15. Dave Rondou

Dave Rondou

Great pics. Thanks for posting.

16. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Thanks for the great photos and especially the Phaeton. Is that now Jim Smith's from the Hot Rod Garage? Looks like Gearhead Bill's from WA. I love tubs.

17. 4psi

4psi

I am glad you guys like the pictures, I had a really good time. My favorite quote from last weekend came from a local Texan while we were shopping for beer and wine at the liquor store. Complete with cowboy hat, and a tactical belt with a cell phone holder and a array of knifes he said.

"That shore is a nice work in progress yall showed up in"
    :D:D:D:D

Sorry to hear that.

Ha, yes he did.

http://hotrodcraft.com/forum/thedeuce/

Keep an eye on the Deuces Club section, you will find the dates for the next years show and registration information there. Nothing is posted there yet for the next one, but that is where it will be.

Great to meet you too Wayne! I really was impressed with your 32. :cool:
    Jim is keeping me on the right track on my build. I am lucky to have good friends like Jim to keep me going in the right direction. I don't know when, but I hope to have my car in the reunion one of these days!

You're welcome, and yes you got the right Jim in mind. I love tubs too, even more now after last weekend. :D