Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage redneck rumble, who made the show?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hot rust, Sep 21, 2014.

1. hot rust

hot rust

made it to the show and swap meet yesterday about 9:00 am, there all day, excellent swap meet!!! got to come home with a cap for my mallory dual point dist. a speaker grille from the back seat of an impala, a vintage dash bezel with gauges and a set of nos rockers for an o.t. truck i'm building, saw some great live music and some really nice hot rods and customs, oh and also a lot of other junk there too....if you know what i mean... creativity my foot!!!!! hot rust

2. gfbracing

gfbracing
    from Rome Ga.

Pulled my gasser up only to be disappointed. Round trip was over 400 miles to get the car there and probably only got to cruise it a couple of miles while I was there. Every time I got it out I was confronted by smartass people running the show telling me to park it and scolding me for doing a burnout that I didnt even do. Very poorly run event in my opinion, sat. night everyone started loading up and leaving so I did the same. They were most likely tired of being harrased. I didnt mind paying the $40 a head to camp but Im not gonna pay that to be given attitude and treated like a child. I wont go back.

3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

4. gfbracing

gfbracing
    from Rome Ga.

I didnt get any pics, hopefully someone else will post some. There were some good looking rides there.

5. cheepsk8

cheepsk8
    from west ky

Took my 55, 400 miles round trip, just for a day. Lots of r@# r%@#s there but there were several H.A.M.B. friendly cars and trucks there as well. I only have the opinion that I don't see how they can have it at the same place much longer . So many people. So little room. Every decent car drew such a crowd, there was hardly a way to snap a pic.

6. doinbad

doinbad
    from celina tn

The show was great, swap meet was the bomb, but the ride into the gate friday morning sucked 4 hour to get in lots of bitching and griping! I got jumped on by some for cruising my j too but i politely told them to get bent! My car cruise it if i want! It seems they have there picks who can do what ,but i had a great time bought a lot of stuff at the swap. Had one guy to get mad cause i wouldnt sell my henry j wtf? but other than that will be back next year

7. Vonn Ditch

Vonn Ditch
    from LA

I was there Saturday. Good amount of early parts there, picked up a few items at a decent price. Overall many I talked to were pissed because of the wait to get in the gates. It was crowded big time. This facility is huge and they pack everything into one small area for some reason. I'd like to see a designated area for the swap meet and not have the guys selling mixed in with everything.
    As far as the actual cars, some of these rides are well built and are driven to the event. Most are loaded on a trailer and pulled in, and for good reason, they are unsafe at any speed. This event has become a contest to see how ridiculous you can get for a lot of people. There were some killer motorcycles there though.

8. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

uh I think it ended Saturday afternoon?

9. outlawsteel

outlawsteel

I was there all weekend, the new entrance and exit kinda messed me up alittle. Got some parts for my 55. Glad I am off today, we didn't leave till sunday morning. Guess I am getting to old to sleep on the ground, been stiff as hell since yesterday lol. Other than the crap there was some very nice rides there.

10. gfbracing

gfbracing
    from Rome Ga.

Last year the placed was packed sat. night people camped both nights and cruised thier cars,this year very different cops started cracking down and the place emptied within a few hour. I went with intentions to stay both nights but decided to leave like everyone else when I was told I had to park my car in not very nice terms and the guy walked off while I was still talking to him. I can look at my car sitting in a parking spot at home and keep my money in my pocket without listening to anybodys attitude.

11. bigpokie

bigpokie

Me and the wife showed up around 10ish. The show it self was normal rumble show. But I heard that the cops showed up and was politely harassing people with beers and people cruising. They said scooter wasn't to happy about that at all ! I think they are worried about it becoming another slammin and jammin. which it won't, waaaaaayyy different crowd. I think charlie cobbles events have ruined any auto show that will ever be there. It's always been a pretty lax show but I agree about the move. It needs to happen

12. chuckIII

chuckIII

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1411439700.282134.jpg

I was there with my coupe and my buddies. First show for my coupe. Good show. Some crazy things there that looked unsafe and ridiculous in my opinion. But the swap meet was great. I feel like the show all together was poorly organized and controlled.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

ratster likes this.
  13. The_Senator

The_Senator

I was there with the Edsel and parked by the stage with the Poor Boys CC... That I think helped my experience the most. Cops left us alone as we were camping inside a ring of 12 cars and were by ourselves. Overall the biggest showing yet. I won't be surprised if camping is moved to the front fields next year with vendors and cars only inside the gates. Organization was lacking but there is great potential!

Voodoo woman what have you done to me...

1958 Edsel Pacer

14. bigpokie

bigpokie

That would be a good idea about the camping. I wish all the vendors were the buffer between the swap and the show. But as we all know, it's not that organized.

Anyone going to the voodoo hoodoo ? It will be our 1st year.