Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Lakes pictures. P.R.C.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by woodiemike, Sep 19, 2014.

1. woodiemike

woodiemike
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ok; here we go! Yes I am new to the H.A.M.B., and yes I don't know what the hell I'm doing yet. But hey I'm willing to give it a try. Worst that can happen is that I will have to go to my ten year old Grand Daughter and have her bail me out!! Another dose of humiliation!! Anyway, after seeing and reading all the fantastic pictures of past and present cars and projects, I thought I would post [try anyway] some pictures that I have of my Fathers. He, along with his Brother, and Brother In Law were all original members of the Pasadena Roadster Club. Every time I look thru the album, see the old pictures; it amazes me what these guys did, and how fast they went with what they had. Were they crazy, stupid, or a little of both?!! Along with several pictures, I have two P.R.C. plaques, along with one from the Gophers. My Father joined the Gophers after time with the P.R.C. Throw in some timing plaques, El Mirage Programs, and some trophies too. My Father and his Brother grew up in Pasadena. Don't want to ramble too much, so I'll try to throw this out and see what kind of response I get. Have more pictures if interested. Thanks for bearing with me, and I will see where this goes?!!

roadsters,midgets,motorcycles 017.jpg roadsters,midgets,motorcycles 005.jpg roadsters,midgets,motorcycles 007.jpg roadsters,midgets,motorcycles 020.jpg roadsters,midgets,motorcycles 003.jpg roadsters,midgets,motorcycles 014.jpg roadsters,midgets,motorcycles 022.jpg IMG_1014.JPG

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  2. Great pics. If you have more, I'd like to see them. Thanks.

Stogy likes this.
  3. deadbeat

deadbeat

welcome aboard woodimike,thanks for sharing and post away

Stogy likes this.
  4. Just finished reading for the second time, The Birth of Hot Rodding, The story of the Dry Lakes Era.
    Your pics would have been right at home in this book, thanks for posting.

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.

5. sdroadster

sdroadster

Every time I pull on to the lake bed I feel honored to be in a place where so many young men exerted so much energy to go fast. With out them there would be no real hot rods, and no history. Last week end I went 173 mph at El Mirage, and it was a hell of a ride. Thanks guys.

6. Wow great photos! Please ramble on, always great to hear about those early years. Looks like your dad ran both SCTA and Russetta meets. The A roadster with the streamlined nose looks like the George Radnich Cad powered A roadster.

Stogy and volvobrynk like this.
  7. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Thank-you for posting these pictures from your family's album.

We are honoured that you took the time to share them with us. They are special to you, and now they are special to us too. Without paying homage to the past, we can never really appreciate what it is we are tying to do in the present.

8. X2, first hand pics and knowledge, excellent!-MIKE:cool:

9. Mart

Mart

Great pictures!

Not previously published too, I'm guessing.

Thanks for posting them.

Got any more? You can ramble on as much as you like as far as I'm concerned.

Mart.

10. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

great intro...and pictures...please post more

11. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

love this history, really great. Thanks and please post more.

Stogy and lothiandon1940 like this.
  12. More, please!!!

Mick

Stogy and lothiandon1940 like this.
  13. ROCKER77

ROCKER77

awesome pictures, i'd love to see more!!

Stogy likes this.
  14. TC I wish I could have been there to see the run. Good Job
    Fuzzy

15. woodiemike.....THANKS for sharing these neat photos!!!
    Looking forward to seeing more in the future.

Stogy likes this.
  16. Thanks, great stuff.

Stogy likes this.
  17. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Cool - Thanks

Stogy likes this.
  18. You've definitely arrived at the right place.:D

Stogy and volvobrynk like this.
  19. Good intro,Great photos,I hope you have more from those glory days! HRP
    [​IMG]

20. Great stuff bro. The cars in the background just drive you nuts!!! We'd love more if you have any.......Tim

Stogy and rally1 like this.
  21. Fogger

Fogger

You definitely will find great appreciation here for your families history. I was fortunate to participate in the last three PRCRR with my '32 Roadster and value the dash plates as historical gems. Thanks for joining the HAMB and posting your photos.

22. thanks- would love to see more.

Stogy likes this.
  23. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

wow! please post more!!

Stogy likes this.
  24. FlatJan

FlatJan

gotta love em

Stogy likes this.
  25. woodiemike

woodiemike
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

First off I want to thank all of you that have responded to my post. Thank you for the interest, and the words of encouragement. As before, I will stumble along here and see what I can do. I'm hoping that to continue the post you just reply like an email? I love the fact that so many of you have shown interest. I'm not really sure how to approach the pictures, so I have decided to try to show them in the original album that my Mom created. [thanks Mom] If you look close at the Roadster P/U, on the cowl it says Daisey Mae Special. That was my Moms name. That is my Dad, Wilmer Jay, and his Brother. You will see his name in places in the album. Speaking of the P/U, like I said before, don't know if these guy's were crazy, nuts, or had balls of giants!! But to go 102 MPH in that thing!!!! What were they thinking?? Aww youth!! I love Stovebolt's quote...without paying homage to the past, we can never really appreciate what it is we are trying to do in the present! I hope by sharing, I can contribute a little something. Hey, sharing is caring, right?! Another thing I would like to point out is the picture of my Dad's 25T [I believe?] in the driveway of my Grandfathers house in Pasadena. The picture's by it's self. If you look close you will see the Pasadena Roadster Plate that I have. Also to reply to Mart..no these pictures have never been published. They have only been seen by family, friends, and a few others. I still have a bunch more to go, so I hope to send a few more when time permits. If anyone out would like a picture scanned separately, let me know, and I will try my best to get it done. Again thanks for the encouragement, and I will try not to ramble on too much. But there is so much to say!!!! Let me know what you guy's think! IMG_1031.JPG IMG_1018.JPG IMG_1028.JPG IMG_1029.JPG scan0001.jpg IMG_1033.JPG IMG_1034.JPG IMG_1035.JPG

Attached Files:

26. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

these photos are incredible. I think they all deserve to be scanned BIG like the first batch. what is going on in the back ground is as interesting as the car in front.

I think maybe you under estimate the treasure you have with these photos.

Stogy, Mikel50 and volvobrynk like this.
  27. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Now that is what I'm talking about! Great photos and commentary…. Keep'm coming!

Stogy, lothiandon1940 and Spooky like this.
  28. Kiwifruit

Kiwifruit

Best thread I have seen for ages! keep them coming please, this stuff is GOLD!

29. thanks for taking the time to post....really neat history there....thanks

Stogy likes this.
  30. bigorangetruck

bigorangetruck
    from TX

So true! Pure Gold! The lakes in the 40's?? Too much man, too much.

48fordnut, Stogy and touring20 like this.