Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 5th annual Washington state E vs W flathead run 09/20/2014 ***NEW LOCATION***

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Feb 28, 2014.

1. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

You'll cook them and give me a foot massage as well while I eat them.

2. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

Anyone going from the north part of the west side? We're planning to meet at the downtown McD's on the left side of Highway 2 in Monroe at 7:00 am Saturday morning. The more the merrier.

Chris likes this.
  3. fordman1

fordman1

Current plan is to drive from PDX to Vancouver to work Friday morning, Vancouver to Tacoma to stay with inlaws Friday night, and then onto Monitor Saturday. When are Tacoma (or Southern Seattle) guys heading over and any meet up points?

4. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

It sounds like the weather is going to great. This is a fun run guys, check your oil and tire pressure and get on the road!

5. adavis

adavis

My co-pilot and I are planning takeoff from Pullman around 6-6:30ish. Upon obtained our cruising altitude of 3 to 4 feet we will be heading through Colfax along 26 to Othello, then up to Moses Lake, taking I-90 to exit 151. There we plan on meeting up with Rocket's Hot Rod Shop and other Yakimites and Tri-Citians for the final approach to Monitor. If anyone in the southeast quadrant is interested in joining our squadron let me know and we'll coordinate trajectories. Over.

6. stop and say hello, i'll be next to a bright yellow with white top 1950 chevy coupe! if your having any issues i have access to trailer and truck plus local repair facilities, more than one local hamb member to help!

7. The weather looks like it is going to be perfect! See you all Saturday!

Dirty Dug likes this.
  8. Looking forward to the pictures.

9. walter

walter

I am in Seattle from Kansa but have to fly back on Friday. This certainly sounds like fun.
    Walter

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

10. dwollam

dwollam

What are the hours of this run? Saturday only? I will be coming from nearly 300 miles away. Was thinking of coming up Friday and camping at the nearby campground to be there in time so I don't have to leave in the wee hours of the morning. How late Saturday does it run?
    Dave

11. nwbhotrod

nwbhotrod
    from wash state

I dont have a Flathead. but I am going over on Friday with my old beater 55 Chevy. I will park across the street

12. there is no across the street, just park on grass!

13. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

Well no one has answered your question yet so let me suggest that coming on Friday might be a good idea. I don't know what the hours are for sure but if you drive 300 miles to get here on Saturday you will probably be arriving about mid day. Since most of the guys travel quite a ways to get here they may be leaving in the early afternoon. Best of luck and safe travels!

14. dwollam

dwollam

Trailorboat trip to CA 009 (Large).jpg Thank you 39 Guy. I made reservations to camp Friday night. BTW, I had a 39 DeLuxe coupe years ago in high school. Loved the dash and steering wheel in that car. Also drove a 40 Std Tudor to school that Dad bought in early '65. I still have that car. I plan to drive my '36 Dodge pickup and tow my TrailorBoat camper to this event. DSCF2274 (Large).JPG 20140628213811_36dodgetruck.jpg

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
  15. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

Now that sounds like a fun way to make the trip. I hope you bring your trailer over to the show for us to look over.

16. dwollam

dwollam

Yes, I will have it with me.

17. If anyone from the Yakima Valley wants to tag along we're meeting at the Silver Dollar at 7:30 then Vernita Br. at 8 for the TriCities bunch and with @adavis off I90. Looks like I've got an extra seat sense @Bootch bailed if anyone wants to ride.

18. fordman1

fordman1

Anyone from Seattle/Tacoma traveling as a group? Meet up time/place? Otherwise I will see everyone along the way!

19. just went through 4 pages so what time you guys plan on showing up saturday? anyone who is already in town they have a cruise on friday nights at the hot rod cafe with great turnout that starts at 5!

20. Here in town and the cars are already in town,gonna be a great show!

21. Anyone leaving for Puyallup area, probably be heading out around 8:30 in the morning? Well be in a 32' roadster, however it doesn't qualify as its sbc power but were going for fun and to see some cool cars...

22. Lytles Garage

Lytles Garage

23. fordman1

fordman1

The show is awesome, weather is great, couldn't be a better day!

jadeidol and Hotrodmyk like this.
  24. Great choice moving show to Monitor Washington this year, great to meet you guys and see all the great vehicles!

25. kidzintha34fodor

kidzintha34fodor

Awesome show! Even though I had a trailer queen!!!!

26. My brother and I had a great time. Awesome way to end the summer, we will be doing it again next year!

27. No need for a new thread here are some photos.
    DSC00677.JPG DSC00675.JPG DSC00658.JPG DSC00668.JPG DSC00682.JPG DSC00684.JPG DSC00685.JPG DSC00686.JPG DSC00689.JPG DSC00694.JPG DSC00698.JPG DSC00699.JPG DSC00700.JPG DSC00701.JPG

jadeidol likes this.