Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features The Simple Roadster

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by J.Ukrop, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Rem

Rem

Have to agree there - Brizio came to mind. It has been well looked after, going by HEMI32's pics, just the front apron off for some maintenance, maybe?

2. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Simple, basic, and sanitary is good. Far too often builds go awry when people think they want something different or striking that just looks off. Or mixes the eras the car represents. Nothing wrong with simple, timeless taste.

3. Was blown away, by the present day photo's. :confused::cool: That red n white color combo is stunning!! White paint under fenders is so cool. The chrome is the icing on the cake.;) Thanks for sharing.
    JT

4. beatnik

beatnik

Love this roadster, here's a couple more pics. I believe It's in The Gilmore Car Museum right now
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  5. mike bowling

mike bowling

Please, I give up! Just when I thought it COULDN"T get better, you post pictures with the HOOD OFF-it's like opening the "Playboy" centerfold for the first time when you're 14!!( and the last shot at the car show ; the paint is even more amazing) Gad Zooks! Thanks ,Mr. Beatnik!!!

6. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have admired Roy Brizio's approach to rod building since he was just a kid. He could have been building cars 60 years ago and been right with the times. Really quite an asset to the art.

7. missysdad1

missysdad1

Appreciating someone else's car (which I said I did) and wanting to own it are two altogether different things.

As I mentioned, I don't care for the glitz of the '60s - including candy paint and fully chromed undercarriages - perferring the '40s and '50s understated look.

I also don't care for hot rods that require so much maintenance that they become a chore to own, and this one certainly qualifies.

So... You may think I'm soft in the head for not "wanting to own" this neat Deuce...but I really don't.

seatex likes this.
  8. Lol....yes sir. But you know....if you were to own this car....I would drive over to polish it for you. Allen is not far from Burleson. I would even encourage you to get it muddy for me.

No offense intended. My family is extremely afflicted. My father has wiped off and waxed every engine of every new vehicle he has owned for its duration. A few models were even nice enough to wax the wheel wells on. My father would be the perfect owner for sure. I HAVE to help. It's part of me and him anyway.

That car is small enough, that no matter what the surface.....I can guarantee it would be spot on....in less then an hour or three. Waxed wheelwells, chrome pins, or top side and what have you. Bam. I'd take it. Drive it. Clean it. Drive it again.

For you? I would be volunteering. :) Let me get my buckets ready......

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  9. seatex

seatex

Soft in the head? Well, maybe a little, but from the looks of the car in your avatar, not too soft!:D

10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

THAT'S the kind oef hot rod I dreamed of owning when I was a teenager in the 60's. It may be show car prepped in the photos but it isn't an outlandish car by the standards when it was built or now.
    It shows that you don't need a crap load of wholesale changes for the sake of making changes to have a great looking hot rod.
    Yes having things chromed might be a bit more spendy now but has anyone looked at the hours you have to spend at you day job to pay to have something chromed as compared to the hours you had to work to have that same piece chromed in the 60's? Or the 70's for that matter.

kidcampbell71 likes this.