Register now to get rid of these ads!

Burbank Choppers...Valvoline commercial...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 3wLarry, Oct 10, 2013.

1. I hope you thought fast! Cause,my Merc only shows for about 1/10sec,haha
    Derons Coupe gets awesome coverage.....

2. It's kinda hard to miss Bob even at 1/10 of a second! :)

3. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

Great add, its cool the for the public to see it.The rod looks great the way it is without the hood and wheel change in the add.

4. I was in a commercial way back leading up to the Salt Lake City Olympics. I got $100 for my part. I'd way rather have gotten tires! :D

Congratulations on your (hotrod's) fame!

5. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

Oh god....... I wouldn't put Pennzoil in a my worst enemy's car...

Learned this after buying a car that was religiously changed with Pennzoil every 3k miles. Pulled the valve covers and it looked like a chocolate bunt cake - Not exaggerating.

6. flynstone

flynstone

read the label. paraffin base, you like wax in your motor?

7. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

No, but I understand enough about chemistry to know that a "base" does NOT define the final product. If that was the case, 85% of what you've eaten today would have made you sick or killed you.

There's no "list of ingredients" on my motor oil label.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  8. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

And it just HAD to have been the oil?:D Okay.

9. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Nice one Deron, if you'd perfect your mean face you could have got the "acting " gig HA HA .seriously well done. Cool looking proper Hot Rod on TV is always good.

Penzoil , never use it after Jay at Taylor Engines RIP would look at an engine sludged up & ask if they used Penzoil, they always did , junk imho.

10. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

hahahha........ test facility like that just can't be wrong.

11. Let's get off the Penzoil love/hate train, and get back to the point of the thread. Supporting a H.A.M.B. brother who got his hotrod a cool spot in a commercial with some prime time airplay.

Save the drama for the stage :rolleyes:

12. LOVE this commercial. I always drop everything and watch when I hear it come on. something about an old skool 32' breathing fire (I thought the fire was cool as hell, wish they actually did that) always gets my attention, especially knowing that millions of normal non rodders are watching it thinking "hey, that hot rod looks pretty cool." great commercial start to finish. this is one that'll be good no matter how many times they overplay it

primeisnotacrime likes this.