Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Just purchased 32 Tudor

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Peter Holwerda, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Graham-Cracker

Graham-Cracker

Looks like Barney Fullers car Built buy Bob Massey of Metalworks in Joplin Mo.

2. rustydeuce

rustydeuce

I know a great little hot rod garage in Glenbrook that can help you rid the great car of all that shiny stuff Pete! LOL ;):p

3. Nice rod to grace our tarmac. I guess the 20 year thing is to meet the regs for retaining left hand steering. Your saviour will be the original steel body as opposed to glass of which there are plenty of examples of Kiwis not doing their homework prior to purchase/ import and experiencing plenty of headaches with bureaucracy. You'll be OK. Love that interior!

Peter Holwerda likes this.
  4. Peter Holwerda

Peter Holwerda

Haha-hey Dale, I know where you mean. Yeah Pete will get the sandpaper out eh.

5. nz33

nz33

Peter .. just noticed this thread . The chassis number is correct for a 32 and yes they do go off the chassis # . Despite the aluminium plate , hopefully the original chassis # may still be on the frame and hasn't been ground off completely beneath the repaint [ it may be beneath the guard/fender ]
    If you have the car's title [ hopefully you have that and it is titled or retitled as a 1932 ] and a bill of sale then if the frame and body are original 32 despite the car being rebuilt I am not really sure why there should be too many issues being an original steel bodied car with an original chassis . As Mal says you have been wise buying original steel .. if it was glass I think you may be converting
    I'll send you an email
    Steve Dally

6. Rckt98

Rckt98

Looking forward to seeing it.

Peter Holwerda likes this.
  7. triumph 1

triumph 1

Nice tudor! Congrats, good luck getting the paperwork squared away. I’m sure you’ll enjoy driving it!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. Mart

Mart

As this has been bumped to the top, what was the outcome? Did it go ok? Hope so.

Mart.

Stogy likes this.