Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Hot Rod Hillclimb...Nor Cal Reliability Run...Where's all the pics, dadgummit...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 3wLarry, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Again, I didnt take these pictures all pulled from ig

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

Hotdoggin DaddyO likes this.
  2. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Even found some old flics of Cal Kennedy and Don Holmes blasting up the hill.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

3. Sutho

Sutho

Definitely have to head over for this, looks awesome.

4. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

from all the old guys here...thank you Lone Star :)

5. jer11ren

jer11ren

I have to agree that Instagram is a great way to follow road trips and builds, mine is like a traditional rodding fix just a click away wherever I am. My wife and I have both tried to start documenting our road trips, she posts more than I since I am "the driver" as she calls me. Look us up under user ID jer11ren and hotrodkitten28.

6. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

I have to throw in my 2 cents here on the subject of photo posting. I have no problem with the use of other methods of sharing photos. However, I've noticed that the same guys that look down on the use of phillips head screws on a traditional build are the same ones abandoning the HAMB when it comes to posting photos. Just as the internet started the decline of print, some of these other formats are causing places like the HAMB to become diluted. Think about it

7. This is a puzzle. Most of the people involved in the event are probably HAMB members and most of the people I talked to last weekend learned of the event through the HAMB. Yet very little support for the event is coming back to the HAMB. I was there, but I would like to see pictures also. Yeah I get it. Instagram is the hot place for pics but I barley have time to change my mind, let alone start surfing other sites. Come on guys. Start supporting the people that got you there.

8. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

.'.why do we have to go elsewhere to find coverage of our own events? '.
    How is it 'our event'?

' Yet very little support for the event is coming back to the HAMB.'
    As said,It wasn,t a Hamb event.
    You should support the guy that paid to organise it.
    I,m sure Mike was happy to be promoting the event here but it was advertised everywhere

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  9. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

WiredSpider, I think you're missing the big picture here. Nobody said it was a HAMB event. Mike Nichols did a hell of a job in putting this event on last year and again this year. I've been attending and participating in hot rod events for 60 years. The Hillclimb was the largest gathering of traditional cars that I have ever seen in my 73 years. The vast majority of cars had HAMB decals or Alliance tags.

My concern, very simply, is that a number of HAMB posters have moved on to other venues to post their photos. That's all well and good, but does this mean that in the eyes of some, that the HAMB is not an important site for sharing traditional experiences?

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1411154072.214803.jpg

If you don't go first class, your heirs will!

10. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

This is some very nice pictures, I really wish we had more like this!!

I'm not a computer Tech person, I can't fix my phone when it's broken, bit of I really wants to learn something I put my mind to it.
    Like building a engine or doing bodywork. Or learning to navigate the HAMB. Still progressing on all three ;-)

I would mean for a Person that does the thing you do, and is famous for saying;

Patiently waiting for more pictures.

I doubt that you can't become a great beliver and follower of instagram! Even if you are not computer savey.

There must be someone who is willing to Exchange natuals, or use an hour with you too teach to use this new thing known as instagram, and you help them with something more hands on and car related.

I'm not a Big fan of FB, linkedin, Twitter or anything like it. But I love the HAMB, and Im thinking about joining.
    I maby taken 40 picture my whole life, but I've saved maby 5000 pics from the Web or from here.
    But the instagram, might be the place that makes me go out of control.
    B-)

You can do it, Larry!

11. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

[​IMG]

Ha! The whole Phoenix crew!!! That's Jerry and Rene Mayo's '29 on deuce rails, hot rod Rick's "T" on "A" rails, Peggy and Paul Stinson's '39 cab over (ya, you just read that right!) and Troy Jonas' '30 coupe that was entered in the hill climb.

Money prevented me from going along with the group this year, but after hearing about 27 degree temps, I wasn't too hurt. Anything under 70 means the big leather jacket comes out of the closet for a desert rat like me!!!

12. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

The Hamb is a small unique part of the overall car hobby universe, with numbers growing daily. We have a unique blend of cars that only WE get. So when a Hamb member comes here and advertises an event aimed at our types of cars, we all get excited...it's what we live for....so it kinda sorta does make it our event in a sense...not a Hamb event...our event.

I (along with everyone else here) have anxiously looked forward to the coverage that always follows. My only point of this thread was to wake people up to post their pics of the coverage, like was always done in the past. This time something new has happened...we only got a trickle of pics...and a lot of them are here on this thread. Oh, there's pics out on the interweb, but you have to google search to find them...or you have to join some black hole with a stupid name........nevermind. ***Old guy getting frustrated Alert***

I don't want to search high and low for coverage of The Hill Climb, or Race of Gentleman, or the Hamb Drags, or any other event that relates to our cars...I want to find it here. I'm done.

13. Ulu

Ulu
    from CenCal

If you can chop a Ford you can shrink a photo. ;)

In a windows PC it's so silly easy to do that once you know how you'll slap yourself for not learning earlier.

Right click the file name, pick edit & it opens in Windows Paint.*
    On the home tab pick "resize" & enter the percent you want it to become. (If you pick "pixels", you can tell it an exact size like 800x600.) Click "save as" & give it a new name.

(*If it opens in another program other than paint, you probably already edit photos & don't need my advice. ;) )

14. scooter granny

scooter granny

15. scooter granny

scooter granny

Chip, It was a blast! Hope to make it an annual event. BTW, it's a 41 Ford COE

16. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

I am a young guy ( 37 ) who is old fashion and despises Iphones................however like Larry I was eagerly awaiting the pictures and event coverage on the HAMB since I cannot join IG without an Iphone.

Please with the non-IG users the event pictures!

17. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

18. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Thanks bubba!
    This is what I'm talking about, guys. In the past, we had traditional coverage of an event... if guys took pics or video of an event, they would either post their pics here, or would put a link to their pics in their post. People aren't doing that as much anymore. We are losing traditional posting here to a third party.

...wait...I thought I said I was done

19. That's what I'm saying!!

20. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Larry, you nailed it, and Doug, you seconded it!!! I can't freakin' stand that we have to learn a new thing-a-ma-bob each week just to stay in touch. What the f**k is wrong with people? The H.A.M.B. is the top Traditional Hot Rod sight on the freakin' PLANET, why bother posting these somewhere else? 'Bout to have an anti technology aneurism...

21. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Coupla deep breaths....

Sorry Peggy, I don't know why I always get that wrong.

22. Ulu

Ulu
    from CenCal

Me too. I'm a total luddite when it comes to i-phones, twitter, or facebook. I don't deal with any of that carp unless someone's paying me to do it. :mad:

Now at work I have to deal with new software and hardware all the time.

...But there I get paid to do it. :D

23. This was a fantastic event!! I hope that it will continue on next year. Thanks Mike, another great job.
    Thanks to all that have posted pictures.

24. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

kudos to Roy Boy productions...great photos

25. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    A few more from me

26. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Is Istagram a smarty phone kinda thing?

27. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Yeah, but I found out that you CAN access IG thru your home computer by downloading 'this' App and jumping thru 'this' hoop and joining 'this' group, and then.................ahh, fuck it.

28. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

I gave you pics and you are still grumpy.

29. D.SCOTT

D.SCOTT

Waaaaaaaaaa!!! Technology isn't going away. My daily driver right now is a stock 31 ford, and I text at stoplights! Ha! Instagram is a great thing, and the HAMB when it came around was a new-fangled interwebby thing too.

30. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

...And I do thank you for that!

But I think three or four of us are on a roll... It does get really annoying to have to coax pictures up to the sight where they belong.