Register now to get rid of these ads!

54 Chevy 210 trim

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 54togo, Sep 15, 2014.

1. 54togo

54togo

I'm looking for the fasteners that hold the chrome above the rear side glass on my 54. Both sides were off the car when I got it so I have no idea what they look like. I've called ALOT of repro shops and they only have belt line and under fasteners. Pics would help. Thanks ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1410827490.052790.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1410827591.767302.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. 19blockhead72

19blockhead72

I ran into the same problem. I had a couple of the originals but couldn't find anymore. I ended up using a thick double sided 3M tape. Three years and no problem.

3. pbr40

pbr40
    from NW Indiana

Chevs of the 40 has a universal clip that I used. It's 3/4 inch wide by 3 long with a stud. They make it to where it's trim to fit. They work very well

4. 54togo

54togo

There's four 1/8" holes and one 1/4" holes where the trim fastens in place. The 1/4" being closer to the C pillar and back window.

5. Squablow

Squablow

On my girlfriend's 51 we ended up going to a junkyard and stripping those clips out of a few cars and making up a set of good ones, although I'm not sure if 51 and 54 used the same ones. Is there access for a nut on the back side, where you could put in a universal style clip with a stud?

6. 54togo

54togo

Maybe squablow??? If I ripped out the headliner and the chrome/rubber channel the window sits in? That 3m tape is sounding good.

7. Squablow

Squablow

The '51 clips snapped onto the car from the outside, then the trim snapped on over the top, so no need to remove any interior stuff. The holes in your roof don't look the same, although it's hard to see. That's a tough one.

8. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

any auto body supply store will have an assortment of clips for just about every application you can dream up

9. 54fierro

54fierro
    from san diego

This the only pic I could find but I think I can remember what I had, its been a little while.
    The clips towards the front look something similar to the side moulding clips, i think you should be able to find a universal to fit.
    similar to this
    [​IMG]

The last hole which you said was bigger had a weird clip in it. It was just a thin metal dangling from the body. You had to slide the moulding over it before you pop the rest of the moulding onto the rest of the clips.
    I imagine something like this would work, but the original was a little sheetmetal square.
    Hope it makes sense.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  10. StefanS

StefanS
    from Maryland

Do you remember which part number the tape was? I'm using double sided tape for all the clip on trim and figured I'd have to stack it...I had no idea there were different thicknesses

11. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Try Restoration Specialities & Supply, Inc. Huge catalog of clips, fasteners, etc.