Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help with Wheels on my 59 Biscayne!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KraQer, Sep 15, 2014.

1. KraQer

KraQer
    from Austin TX

I've searched all over to see if the question has been asked already about wheels on a 59 impala/biscayne/Belair..... Can't find answers so I'm sorry if it's been asked before.

Little background first....

I drive a 59 Biscayne as my everyday car. I got rid of a Tahoe and told the ol lady I want to drive a classic Every day. You can have the bells & whistles, just let me cruise.
    So I scored a trade for this 59 chevy. I've got running great with a 350/700r4 I lowered it because that's the look I like. I also have a 31 chevy, but wanted something the wife and 2 lil ones could ride in as well. It's been an awesome car and getting more and more updates as time goes by.
    I scored a new set of Coker Radials for practical nothing. So now I'm wanting to mount these tires, not on the steel wheels I have now, but grab some 15" Supreme wheels For these tires and cruise on those.
    I've learned that the Supreme wheel is so diff from other wheels. Offset, width, reverse, standard bla bla bla. Everyone has a different opinion on what will work and what won't work. The folks at the store don't seem to know anything other than what's in front of them. I need help figuring out if I need a reverse or standard, is 15x7 going to be to wide? The tire is a 205/75-15.... My tires are toast right now and I would like to order these rims but today I was told if I switch to a disc brake up front that a 15x7 will rub???? But then another forum said no they won't. Figured the "lowrider" world would have knowledge on the supreme wheel sizes for 59-64 Chevys... But a 15" rim is a 4x4 to them, and a sin. This is getting stupid. I know I'm asking for opinions here and would love some knowledge on a 15 inch supreme size for a 59 chevy. Thanks

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1410820491.903141.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1410820529.269337.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1410820554.837391.jpg

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Cool ride - hope that you already have front & rear seats belts - and a reminder not to leave your little one on the roof when you take off. checked the date code on tires to see how old they are? not sure as to the exactly correct rims to order but, with that size tire a 15x6 should work good..

3. KraQer

KraQer
    from Austin TX

Yep, latches installed for car seats, Bluetooth hands free installed so no hands on the phone. Tires are less than a year old. So you think a 15x6 would be fine.. I know the stock are 14x6 and it looks like your driving on high heels.

4. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I would think a 15x7 reversed or not would work fine either way,those cars have huge fender wells for outside clearance, Ive seen lots of 59s and 60s with wide 20s on em so that should tell you ,you would be ok there and you know if tie rod ends etc dont hit with a standard 14 it shouldnt with a 15 that should give even more clearance, (Ive seen 13 inch daytons on em in pics)so I cant tell you from first hand experience and knowledge but I would think your options would be almost endless.
    This 60 is one of my favorite cars I ever drove (I never owned it but I wanted to)and it has 20s but the front ones dont have alot of outward dish.
    3kb3m53le5Oa5Ta5S39b17662bb6114691f92.jpg

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014

5. KraQer

KraQer
    from Austin TX

Thanks for the info