Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 51 f1 mock up on the ride height.. What ya Think?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by barrnone50, Sep 12, 2014.

1. barrnone50

barrnone50
    from texas

2. Well.....it sets lower than a Corvette....and lays weeds shorter then your lawn mower.......I'd say you're lookin' good !!

3. oldolds

oldolds

All you have to do is channel the cab so it sits on the running boards, the bed a like amount. Then section the cab 4", pancake the hood and chop it 4". Then you will have my dream truck. It's easy, when we come back from commercial it will be done!:rolleyes:

It looks great.

4. jlaird

jlaird

I think it sits nice. The top of the wheel just below the fender lip is a nice place to be...visually.

5. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

Down in back.....just an inch.....or it will always bug you!! o_O:D

6. chappychapperton

chappychapperton

I agree, and inch in the back and it's there.

7. What do YOU think!

8. jkski

jkski

it has the look that's for sure.I would like to know the body color to go with those red wheels?

9. barrnone50

barrnone50
    from texas

First Thanks for the input from everyone!! Old olds had bigger plan, for the ride which if I ever want to get on the road the chop channel and Ect.. will have to wait till next one.
    I think it looks great! But of course some have suggested drop the rear 1 inch. That wouldn't be a big deal I kinda like the little rake. But now They put the Drop in my head and its bugging me, hey I asked for it and got it..
    So now to Drop 1 inch or not to Drop That is the question.. LOL

10. barrnone50

barrnone50
    from texas

Not sure the Red wheels are going to stay.. The Body color is going to be Gunmetal Grey or some similar.Going with whites maybe black rims rings caps.. Just depends after truck is painted easy to change rims..

11. oldiron73

oldiron73
    from WISCONSIN

So what size tires are you running on the front and rear. Its got a good stance.

12. barrnone50

barrnone50
    from texas

I will have to get back on that one they been on there 4 years. Put them to get the truck home. The truck sat 25 years the fella I bought from said I need to get a trailer I told him that old flathead would start with a little love and new carb, 1 gal gas tank new oil and bat. ready to roll.

13. oldiron73

oldiron73
    from WISCONSIN

That awesome about the Flathead. I also have 51 F1 that I am putting a 337 Lincoln Flathead in it.

14. missysdad1

missysdad1

I'm building a '50 F-1 and have gone through the same process.

First, use the same tires and wheels that will be on the truck when it's finished during the mockup process. Otherwise it'll look different when you're done.

Second, I'd say leave the rake as-is. Trucks that ride more level than your mockup look sissy to me.

My $.02 as requested.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  15. perfect stance and rake, a little rake gives it attitude,don't mess with it, love them F-1's

16. I wouldn't lower the back any, a little rake is good.
    What front suspension is under there?

17. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Leave it as it is. I think you need a litte rake.

18. barrnone50

barrnone50
    from texas

Jag Front end. Notched 2inch in the frame.

19. Looks good and would look good dropped a little more in the rear as well. What ever makes you happy.

20. barrnone50

barrnone50
    from texas

The fenders are not bolted up sooo., I hope clearance issues won't be a problem.Also Wanted to mention that you were the one that got me going on the Jag front end about 4 years ago watching your build,Thanks for all the measurements that really helped. Started with rubber mounted then changed to Solid mount. Thanks Again...

21. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Jag IFS is a common swap down under, you won't be disappointed. At least with it being solid mounted you're not running that articulated uni on the intermediate shaft.

22. chappychapperton

chappychapperton

I still think if you covered that rear wheel with the lip of the fender while keeping a 1.5" to 2" rake would be the best look. Drop the front a bit more if you can to make it happen. Just my opinion. My truck has a slight rake with the rear of the rim slightly covered but my front has to sit REALLY low to achieve that stance.