Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 47 Ford cab swap on my Ramp Truck/Dragster Hauler

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dragsled, Jun 28, 2013.

1. 302aod

302aod
    from Pelham,Tn.

I put a 64 f100 Cab on an 87 F150 frame. Had to shorten the 87 frame. All the little stuff is hard. Aligning the 64 Cab on the 87 frame with no mounts was a problem too. The 64 engine was blown and the steering box was bad, so that was why, plus I got power st. and brakes and better suspension. Would never do it again.

2. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Yeah I'm in no hurry to do another one,,,, Tim Jones

3. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Here's some pics with the car loaded,, Tim Jones

Attached Files:

4. Tim , that truck is turning out great and I love your flathead Fiat . Blue

5. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Thanks Blue , Your hauler is coming right along also, I can't wait til the comp coupe is done but bills and lack on money slows things down:D,, Tim Jones

6. A-MEN brother , A-MEN ! Blue

7. T27owner

T27owner
    from Nebraska

Looking good, And you even mowed the grass!:D

8. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Thanks bob ,, Had to make the place look nice for the pics:D:D,,, Today I added some steps to help getting up in the back of the truck, I'm not as limber as I used to be:rolleyes:, also had to move the fuel filling inlet ,, all came out good, Beth had to show off her climbing ability:D,,,, Tim Jones

Attached Files:

9. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Over the last few days we buildt the push bar bumper for the truck useing the old bumper brackets, some angle iron and a section of wooden bridge plank,, we are building a separate push bar for the comp coupe , it will mount to two recivers that hang under the main push bar, the dragsters push bar is underneath the back of the fiat body, this keeps us from smashing the back of the glass body:rolleyes:, Tim Jones

Attached Files:

10. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Finally got some mirrors on the truck, Was going to use the small round ones, But decided to use some square ones I had laying around,,, Much easier to see backing this thing up now:D:D,,, Tim Jones

Attached Files:

11. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Nothing real exciting to update , But I did get the headlites and turn signals all switched over and working:D

Attached Files:

12. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Buildt the push bar for the comp coupe today needed to fit under the back of the body and be out far enough to keep from hitting the back of the body,

Attached Files:

13. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Today We Cut the windshield glass loose from our parts truck , cool to beable to use the stock windshield glass, Now just have to remove the plexiglass I put in to keep it dry , and order the windshield rubbers

Attached Files:

14. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Today My Buddy Brian Chollett, Came out to do some lettereing on the race car and the doors of the hauler, We wanted an old looking simple design, He said he'll come back out to scuf it down alittle after it cures a couple weeks,, Tim Jones

Attached Files:

koolkemp likes this.
  15. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Great lettering job Tim. You guys are starting to look like a big bucks pro team. o_O

16. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Thanks Tom,, If 99% of the time only having 5 or 10 bucks in your wallet is a big bucks pro team , That would be us:D:D:D:D,, Tim Jones

17. Sounds like good pay . Need team members ? Blue

18. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Yeah man come on up, Money's no object, especially when we don't have anyo_Oo_O My lettering guy worked for a case of Mountian Dew and lunch:D:D:D,, to tell the truth We've be friends a long time and we help each other out,, Tim Jones 101_8914.jpg

19. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

We're right up there with you Tim. Once we get our car done we'll join you on the pro tour.:rolleyes:

20. olcarguy

olcarguy

Well Tim been awhile since I've seen your post, haven't been getting my subscriptions to your thread ??? You have done a good job since the last time I seen it, glad to see your new parts truck. like the lettering job too. Money problems, know all about it. Started working on my second million, gave up on the first one. Roy

21. hotrod1948

hotrod1948
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Milton, WI

Any updates on the hauler?