Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 292 Dies at Acceleration

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by '59Edsel, Aug 10, 2014.

1. '59Edsel

'59Edsel

SanDiegoHighwayman likes this.
  2. '59Edsel

'59Edsel

Would the filth that was at the bottom of my float bowl likely have cause the symptoms shown in my previous posts and videos? I haven't started her up yet since I'm still waiting on my low micron fuel filter.

3. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes! See post #2.

Keep likes this.
  4. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

possibly -- but I'm bettin on the accell pump diaphram bein hard or the vacuum advance havin an issue --

5. '59Edsel

'59Edsel

touche

6. '59Edsel

'59Edsel

She'll be going out for her first run (after the rebuild) in about one hour. I'll post my results after.

7. "you could grow corn in there"

8. Keep

Keep

Did this carb happen to sit a while with some of our lovely gas in it? Thats what that looks like, a bunch of crap from crappy evaporated gas.

And yes that crap in the bottom will most likely have caused things to plug up....hence...see post #2.

(Sorry had to do it...lol)

9. '59Edsel

'59Edsel

Yeah, it had gas in it for a very long time while it wasn't running right. It would pop over and run for a minute or two, so I would do this periodically to try and keep the gas from going stale in the bowl. I was utilizing stabilizers though. So I guess it could have been worse.

Anyway…

The car seems to run perfect now. No more stalling or almost dying out. The rebuild what the ticket! It's nice to know I can go out whenever I need to and not have to worry about stalling out at every light, traffic crawl, and stop sign. Thank you everyone.

10. Keep

Keep

Very cool, glad you got it sorted out.

11. Did you rebuild it yourself or send it out to who you mentioned?
    -Pat

12. '59Edsel

'59Edsel

I sent it to gottafishcarburetors.com. I like their work. I could've rebuilt myself, but it was only a few day turn around through them and I had them replace a bent idle screw and the dashpot while it was there.