Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Flathead test and tune

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Flat32, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Flat32

Flat32

2. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Now that is cool as hell. You kicked his butt! Love it.
    Now exactly what ya running on that flatty? Congrats. What a great video!!!

3. aaggie

aaggie

You slept on the line, it looked close on the top end and there was no win light. Either way it was good to see and hear an old still making noise.

4. Flat32

Flat32

5. Great video Ray!!! betcha surprised him!!!

6. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

Evidently you guys didn't get the memo... flatheads are now known as "flat" motors. Don't bother arguing, we have been over this 100 times in other threads.

Remember, "flat" is now correct.

7. Flat32

Flat32

My Flathead wouldn't be considered H.A.M.B. friendly being that it's got electronic fuel injection utilizing a Megasquirt 3, but I really dig modern tech and prefer to let my engine, and me, feast on the benefits. Flathead development didn't end in the sixties and is alive and well at El Mirage and Bonneville. Also alive and well on the streets of Federal Way Washington.

Engine is relatively small at 268 cu in with a streetable 270 duration Schneider cam. Ross pistons, 4" crank. Equal length 180 degree headers, home built TPI intake and cop ignition. Lightened steel flywheel, stock 10.4" Mustang diaphragm clutch, WC T5 trans and 8" Detroit True Trac rear. Heads are home built currently at about 9.25 cr.

It's a daily driver, however I do some cheating for the track removing weight and swapping on drag radials. Even tried some aerodynamic cheating.

As I've said maybe not H.A.M.B. friendly, but I'm still a hot rodder with a Flathead passion and the car is Henry steel, except for fenders and deck, rescued from a New Jersey dump a couple owners ago.

Flat32

8. Flat32

Flat32

Last Friday got a new best timeslip, 13.313 at 98.76 mph. First run. Second run broke the rear.

Flat32