Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features my shoebox in the last issue of rod and custom

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by hombres ruin, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Certainly deserving of the Feature....Stunning Car!

2. Eric H

Eric H

Just got my copy, congrats! That has been a dream of mine for a very long time.

3. jivin jer

jivin jer

How cool, well deserved.

4. Congrats man!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

5. DirtyNapkin

DirtyNapkin
    from Napa, Ca

That's awesome. Congrats

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Thanks guys.much appreciated

7. I just saw the magazine yesterday, I've been gone for almost five months. I'm glad the '50 made it in for the last issue.

8. 01mikep

01mikep
    from California

Congrats, very nice '50!

9. Damn, late to the party again. Just found this, very cool. Congrats, I'm stoked for ya.

10. don daddyo

don daddyo

Congrats!!!. Hope that mine will look as good as your...I love your car

11. Congratulations Very much deserved we will miss Rod and Custom but Thanks to you we can enjoy the memories and look forward to the future of Hot Rodding Awesome Car!!

12. LuckyFordGuy

LuckyFordGuy

Nice car love it cong Rog MN

13. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Love that car, man... it's awesome. Congratulations on making it into R&C.

14. SoCal

SoCal

Always admired the car when I saw pics on here. Didn't click at all that it was the same one in the mag! Congratulations but thoroughly deserved too.

15. wicarnut

wicarnut

Congrats ! Very happy for you, now YOU and your car are a piece of Hot Rod history. Very Kool ! John

16. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

hombres ruin...

Beautiful ride...well done in every respect ! A total knock-out !

I just finished re-reading the story in my copy this Morn., and your background-info of how it all came together is just spot-on ! PLUS, the number of contributors to accomplish the build is remarkable !

Would love to see it up-close someday...it's an "instant classic", and a "keeper" for sure !!

Jonnie www.legends.thewwbc.net

17. elturo

elturo
    from So. Okla

I've seen this car in person & it's one beautiful ride.
    Well deserved Paul. Congrats!

18. 4rod

4rod

19. Congratulations Paul,very well deserved.

20. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

onnce again its so cool to be in the mag and get props from fellow kustom guys.Thanks so much.

21. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Thanks !! I am so appreciative of the kind words.Yours and mine both made it to print..how cool is that!!

22. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

23. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

wow thanks jonnie,the build was a labor of love and involved many people,whom I cant thank enough.Lets not forget the numerous people on the hamb who had a hand in it as well.YOur kind words mean a lot...cheers!!

24. Very very kool. Once in a lifetime 'kodak moment' Something you will always treasure. Feather in your hat. Congrads and deserving.

25. Very Cool that you made it into HRM....I wrote you a couple of years ago about your paint job, as when I ever take the time to go knock off some bank somewhere, I hope to get my little baby painted the same way.. by the way, my avatar is a picture of "the first '49", taken in 1963 in front of the Engineering Building at Texas Tech in Lubbock... my Bro took it to school thinking it would be a chick magnet, but found out real quick that, no matter how the guys ood and awwd over it, the chicks didn't, so he gave the car to me while I was still in High School, and got himself a black '58 Impala..THAT was a chick magnet..

26. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Is this the car you're rebuilding in the Photobucket gallery? I hope you plan to re-create the exterior, especially the Dodge side trim. That's a REALLY good looking shoebox.

27. Well, I have not given up on finding the trim strips, but it's been three years off and on that I've tried to find them.

At this point, I'm doing the wiring on the "new" '49... should be starting up in a few days...

Thanks for the compliment.. I have to agree with you that it looks "just right"..........haahah

check it out = this is in it order of uploads.. click on the "49 Ford Start..." album on the left column to get a drop down album list of the phases of the work..
    http://s28.photobucket.com/user/PaulGerdes/library/?view=recent&page=1

28. 51 Leadsled

51 Leadsled
    from NC

Nice work! The magazine doesn't make the car, the car makes the magazine!

Well deserved feature, they say now the car is worth more, but that is not really the case, the value was just validated!

Posted while on the run with Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

29. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Thanks 51 leadsled. very kind words indeed.much appreciated. The response from the car being in the mag is great. not only on here but on instagram and at shows

30. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

awesome HombresRuin! she deserves to be in Mags. It was your car that was the inspiration that triggered me to buy a shoebox in the first place. And thanks for all the advice you gave me back then. Still would love to get a pic of both of ours together man. Happy Thanksgiving