Register now to get rid of these ads!

Project "No Buck$ 49"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrod 49, Jan 20, 2009.

1. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Us desert dwellers gotta stay cool somehow! Doesn't just work with looks and attitude alone.

2. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

That cab space is so small , you could blow over an ice cube and cool it ! You guys will be rolling down the windows to thaw out .

3. hotrod 49

hotrod 49

Getting ready for the trucks next road trip. Heading up to Bonneville for Speed Week on Friday and hang out with my racer friends. Give me a yell if you see me!

4. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Hope you have a safe and fun trip to B-ville .

5. hotrod 49

hotrod 49

Was just a bit too damp to run this time around! Hopefully it'll be better next time!

6. hotrod 49

hotrod 49

Just so you have an idea. Stereo, AC controls, XM and AC unit
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

enloe likes this.
  7. Frekn' awesome build dude. Talented fellar' for sure. Thanks for all the posts.

8. drtybiker

drtybiker
    from florida

I am lost at how this is a narrowed rearend read threw it three times and for the life of me cannotfigure out what in gods great earth you did here

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. hotrod 49

hotrod 49

Here's the second post I did on the first page. Hope this helps....
    The wheels I used are Halibrand copies (15x10 & 15x6) I got on Ebay for a little more than $500. The tires are 275/60 & 205/60 for the right rake/look. I needed a narrowed rearend to make the tires fit, but this is where being cheap means being creative. An S-10 rearend would work, but is 1 1/2" too narrow for a wheel/tire with 4 1/2" of total backspace. So I scored a rearend with a plan. Look at the numbers on the glovebox to find out the ratio. I found one with the GU6 code (3:42) with the numbers G80 after (POSI) for next to nothing at our local Pick & Pull. I again went to Ebay for some 1/2" racing wheel studs (around 2 1/4 long about $30) and a set of 3/4" wheel spacers ($35 for the pair). I knocked out the studs with a hammer. Tapped the existing holes (KEEP THEM STRAIGHT) with a 1/2"x20 tap, removed the wheel cylinder (took out the 2 bolts and pulled it back) and screwed in the studs from the back (use washers and some red lock-tite). Now I have my poor mans narrowed rear w/posi and never removed the axles!

daddio211 likes this.
  10. drtybiker

drtybiker
    from florida

I am still reading threw this I am at the point where you made the surfer pinstriper pretty good build I must say it is hard to visualize things sometimes but oh well the final result is what counts do you still have this truck ?

11. drtybiker

drtybiker
    from florida

I get it you used the s10 rear and spaced each side .75 to get the 1.50 difference in width ...if that makes sense

Ponti461 likes this.
  12. hotrod 49

hotrod 49

Yes sir! And yes, it's in the garage and I drive the crap out of it! I have no plans to get rid of it.

13. drtybiker

drtybiker
    from florida

Kool, the initial reason I couldn't understand is I thought you ditched the s10 rear for something different but after reading it threw a few times the numbers started to jive and it was like yea there it is , its all in the numbers , okay last question I hope it is not out of line though if it is just say so , how much you got into it??????

14. hotrod 49

hotrod 49

Here's another build all you low buck, detail freak, hot rodders should follow. My friend Alex has been building a '64 Chevy pickup that is off the chart cool and being he's cheap like me, it's pretty low buck! LOTS of bitchin' little ideas to show that it's not always about spending big money to just buy and bolt stuff on! Check it out and keep on his case to finish it up... http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/flat-n-lows-64-c-10-thread.814267/

15. drtybiker

drtybiker
    from florida

I will check it out for sure I am gonna be doing up a two ton dually here is the start if I can post the picture

Attached Files:

16. hotrod 49

hotrod 49

More 'Liner stuff... Worked on the steering "cage" latch. I won't go into all the fab stuff so you guys won't be too bored, but I'll show you what I did. I made some little pieces on the lathe and mill and made a spring loaded setup. When it's in the "detent" it's latched, but pull it back and swing it over and it's unlatched. Pretty simple and it works, just needs final welding.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

17. hotrod 49

hotrod 49

Spent the afternoon at Sage Cheshire Aerospace with Art and Jon while they worked on the Chassis. Jon set up the laser and proceeded to scan every inch of it so he had a complete 3D model of it to use for the CFD and Aero tests! I'm beyond honored and humbled to be involved with a great group of guys who are just as excited about this project as I am!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

18. Wow! Awesome!

19. hotrod 49

hotrod 49

Finished building the seat frame. Tubing is done just needs final welding
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Some cardboard for reference[​IMG]

20. Very interesting how close our frames are in design!

21. Incredible! What will you be running for a motor?

22. ...put me down for a book when they're done...best build on the HAMB, but then I'm partial to AD's...
    DSCN5203.JPG

Last edited: Feb 15, 2022
    enloe likes this.
  23. drtybiker

drtybiker
    from florida

I am very confused in the post with the four pictures of you scaning in frame dimensions the very first picture , is that a small scale build of your liner???

24. hotrod 49

hotrod 49

We're going after the 1000cc (1 liter) record, as far as the brand and type I'll divulge a bit more later. Nope not a scale version, but the actual car! Front mock up tires are 13" tall and it's 9 1/2" between the frame rails! Crazy huh?

25. hotrod 49

hotrod 49

Mike came over and welded up the seat tubing so that's done
    [​IMG]
    Also made some small flat support plates in the center floor area in the interior. Used .100" chromoly sheet, then cut and bent them up to make them flush with the top plane of the lower tube.
    [​IMG]
    With the 1 5/8" outer tubes and 1" cross tubes there was about a 3/8" drop in the middle. With the pads done, the aluminum floor will now be supported and have no droop.

26. Brad, great chatting again! Being landlocked with no like minded souls you are always an adrenaline shot for me!

27. hotrod 49

hotrod 49

Got my brake and clutch setup installed. I removed the hand brake after realizing my arm restraints would cause a problem. I had to make my pedals to fit the angle of my feet, so I whittled some up out of aluminum and had Mike do his awesome welding to finish them off!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

28. daddio211

daddio211

Ditch that brake handle! This car is being built to go FAST, not slow! :D

volvobrynk likes this.
  29. hotrod 49

hotrod 49

My my friend Rob had a great idea and name for the group of guys who've been helping with ideas for the Streamliner. I decided to put some shirt artwork together and this is what the first batch will look like. This is the back.

[​IMG]

This is the front.

[​IMG]

enloe and volvobrynk like this.
  30. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Two thumbs up, way up!