Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical CAR SHIPPING FUN

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cobalt333, Sep 11, 2014.

1. So i bought a car 2 weeks ago and am shipping it from the boston area to las vegas or even saltlake city if it helps...i have learned the car shipping fun game where you get a quote online that means nothing then get people from 90 percent that dont have trucks just farm it out..but tell you they have one and dont and wait and wait and get lied to...its a snake world out there in the shipping world...i finally have researched and have a guy named fletcher from all aboard transport on the job now trying to get me a truck...question is has anyone used him? he seems to have a ton of good reviews...got my fingers crossed.....

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

did you do a search here first?

3. yep even emailed a person here and got no reply...im finding getting my car shipped is harder than i thought...

4. Does this car run?

5. Winzy

Winzy

Have you tried benD at T&A transport in the hamb odex

6. mrquickwhip

mrquickwhip

At least you're in the usa........now try to imagine what it's like for us overseas buyers with time differences etc thrown in the mix.....having said that my own experience was good thanks to chris on here and rinkens shippers

7. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Yeah, looks real good!! ??? Guess I missed the pic?
    Getting back on topic, best of luck on your shipping. I thought there were several transporters on here, but you have to schedule ahead with most of them.

8. Yeah it's fun....you enter your info and within minutes your phone is blowing up from people that " have a truck in the area" and can get it tomorrow if ya give them your info....

9. There are 3 quality transporters here on the Hamb (BenD, Racinman & myself), we all have ads in the Hamb O Dex section, where you can see reviews/references from other Hambers that have used our services. You must understand though that we are all 3 usually booked well in advance. Stay away from brokers & do a Google search of anybody you are thinking about using.

10. roundvalley

roundvalley

There is a GOOD reason you have to schedule well ahead on the HAMB shippers. They are all very good, HONEST and know hot rods.

brokenspoke likes this.
  11. what is the going rate for a transport from about the boston area to las vegas? And i did commit and go with this Fletcher guy from all aboard transport.. he has a ton of good reviews online and even checked the better business too.. but he is a broker again...who really knows who really owns their own trucks anyway...every one we have talked to before said they did but if they did we wouldnt have got jacked around and it would be on its way...

12. lucas doolin

lucas doolin

I've used the same transporter from the Salt Lake City, UT area to Louisville, KY on two occasions and can recommend him highly and without reservation. PM me if you need a reference for this East-West direction.

13. He probably does not own his own truck(s). Reviews do mean something though. I would guess that the rate should be around $1250 give or take.

14. These guys are Hambers and are not brokers,I know for a fact you will get a reply from these guys. HRP

brokenspoke likes this.
  15. well that guy from all aboard transport came through and hes got me a carrier only after 1 day...i will post when it finally shows up here..

16. The fact that you had a driver fast is a good sign.

cobalt333 likes this.
  17. NMCarNut

NMCarNut
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Having used both Bill and Ben I can first hand vouch for both. And if Bill says Racinman is good believe it. Unless you need it yesterday at least one of these three should be able to help you.

18. 5window

5window

I've only shipped with Bill, but the experience left me wishing I had more cars to have him haul. :)
    As for the OP, let us know how it works out. Some of those big companies have been in business a long time so some of them must be good, right?

19. heres a picture of my new ride getting loaded on the carrier...that guy i found on the internet named Fletcher from all aboard transport did his job..very happy...should be here this next week

Attached Files:

20. nice oldsmobile!

21. thanks... should be delivered to my house here by mid week...im sure there is a ton of work i have to do to it...mind you i bought it site unseen besides pictures...alot like my 56 4 door in my profile pic that im working on

22. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Hey, look at all the experience you're getting. ;)

23. k9racer

k9racer

In the past Bill from Bills auto works has transported 3 cars and 1 bare chassis. These were cars I sold thru Hemmings Motor News. Bill is a first class operation.

24. 5window

5window

So you are shipping a car you bought without having seen with a carrier you haven't met? You are a very brave man. Or, at least one with great faith in your fellow man.

25. I have a photos taken of it from all points from the place i bought it from...but yes im sure alone there is a crazy trust even then...couldnt be worse than the 56 olds i bought 3 years ago...and now that car is rust free and dent free...

26. I just did the same with my '59 Ford... sight unseen. Guess what? ... no big surprises either.

27. Brentphx

Brentphx

Ditto on my shoebox. Email, phone, and blind hope.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

28. Just a update...that guy(fletcher) from all aboard transport really did get the car booked and on a truck in one day and they loaded it up and i got the car...very happy with his performance...another good review on him from us...as far as the car...the interior is awesome...the outter well i was sorta prepared..but i always know pictures never do justice...alot of work but i can do it for a coupe...i got for 2300 + shipping

29. here it is

Attached Files:

30. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

looks like a good var for that price.