Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Bringing a 1954 chevy 3100 back from the dead (pic heavy)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by OldSchoolIsMoreCool, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Hello Hambers, i registered on here after getting inspiration for my trucks and wanted to share my build thread from start to where i am right now. So it all started over a year ago when i was browsing craigslist. I found an old fellow selling two 1954 chevy trucks, yes you read that correct two for the price of one. I am a young college kid aged 20 and i gave the man an offer that i thought he would not take. I prayed every day to hope the lord would bless me with the projects i have always dreamed of since i was younger and i feel so blessed he did. Here is a pic of the day we brought them home. 54-1.jpg 54-1.jpg

2. Here is the start of the build of the shortbed. She was a basket case but when we are done she will be a beauty. 54-2.jpg 54-3.jpg

3. Starting to tear down.
    54-4.jpg 54-5.jpg

4. The stuff you find in old cars. This was hidden underneath the seat, who knows how long it has been there.
    vicks.jpg

5. Cab, Doors, and Hood repair.
    54-6.jpg 54-7.jpg 54-11.jpg 54-12.jpg

6. V8 mock up with cab on the frame. Here is the pic of the 350 we are putting in it.
    54-8.jpg 54-9.jpg

Attached Files:

7. And where i am at right now. Bare frame. Waiting to go to sandblast and powder coat within the next week or two. 54-10.jpg

seankitt likes this.
  8. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Looking good and thank God you are keeping the stock frame instead of swapping in a S10 frame.

seankitt and 50scotbolt like this.
  9. shadams

shadams

OOOHHH YEAAA...man both of those trucks look like they are in pretty good shape...I also second sticking with the og frame. Good luck and keep the progress pics coming...

10. Yeah i would never do the s10 swap. Ill be updating the whole way and trust me she will be a gem when she is done.

seankitt and 50scotbolt like this.
  11. Good to see some young blood getting involved,looks like you're doing some nice work there 'young 'un!'
    Look forward to following it's progress,keep us posted.

OldSchoolIsMoreCool likes this.
  12. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

Great work on your truck, good for you!

OldSchoolIsMoreCool likes this.
  13. seankitt

seankitt