Register now to get rid of these ads!

Central Minnesota

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Nitrobaron, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Nitrobaron

Nitrobaron

Been around here awhile and for the life of me, can't remember if I did a intro or not, and can't find a old one? So, to keep from causing a rucuss, here we go.:confused:
    I have been into Drag Racing, Hot Rods and customs since the early seventies, maybe earlier. I remember being glued to the TV (B&W)watching Wide World of Sports coverage of 60's Drag Racing. Remember seeing the Jim Nicole clutch incident when it first brodcast (that dates me), the Snake was my hero.
    I am basically a Ford guy, but love em all. I still have my O.T. 1965 Mustang fastback from High School, we sure used up a bunch of 289's and toploaders back then. It still sees the strip occasionally.
    I became the care taker of my Dad's '49 Olds 88 (37K original) after he passed in 2010.
    I am also an old fuel freak, big into Vintage Nitro Drag racing, so there is a stash of early Chrysler Hemi engines and parts in the shop. I have had a historic FED survivor pass through my hands, a couple more taking up space in the shop, and a new one on the frame table.
    My 21 yr. old son is also into cars (he says I was a bad influence) and is carrying on the tradition. He has become a pretty good Tig Weldor, does Alumn. and Stainless for a living. The 51 Panel project is his. He is just finishing welding up a very traditional FED project which I hope to start a build thread on soon.
    We have a 1200 sq. foot heated shop with a lift, Tig, Mig, gas and stick welders, a old Boeing Nibbler, a home made english wheel, and more. I hope to make some shrinking dies and other tooling for the nibbler and may need some advice from the experts here.
    Work, I am the CNC Coordinator for the largest granite maufactuer in the US, and do solid modeling, job set-ups, and programming to operate the biggest 5 axis Stone related CNC machines in the granite industry.

Well, that's me, I just want to thank the many generous people on this board for sharing their knowledge about cars and history.

2. Beau

Beau

Welcome from Minneapolis.

You should bring some stuff out to the Gearhead Get Together in Maple Lake this year.

3. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

Welcome form the cities .... you will like it here !

4. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

Wecome aboard!

5. rocksolidnate

rocksolidnate
    from Viroqua Wi

Welcome Viroqua Wiscomsin

6. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

7. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

8. When in doubt it never hurts to intro late...welcome again if you did and welcome if this is the first.

9. johnny_rocket88

johnny_rocket88

I'm hosting my 1st cackle fest in2015