Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Intersting auction

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pops1532, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

2. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Wow, that is a lot of stuff to auction off in one day.

Now, where are my lucky Powerball numbrers?

3. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

The way Chupps Auctions usually work is they drag all the vehicles out and line them all up. They also make dozens upon dozens of related piles of parts, engines, body parts, etc...it's pretty well organized. Dale Chupp told me about this auction 6 months ago...they've been working on it that long. And the auction goes really fast. You have to get there early to scout what you want and try to keep an eye on all 3 auctioneers at once.

The pictures you see on their website are of how they found everything. When you get there, everything will be out in the open in rows.

kidcampbell71 and HEMI32 like this.
  4. pitman

pitman

"Interesting?" More like tantalizing, what a collection the pics display. Time for a HAMB group purchase. Larry gets the 2-dr panel!

5. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Its kinda sad. You collect all this cool shit and then you still have to die.

Cosmo49 likes this.
  6. Wow, what a collection.
    -Pat

7. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I call dibs on the green Maverick.

8. I was liking the Maverick also!!!
    WOW how many Model A's were there?

9. Winzy

Winzy

Holly crap think I'm living in the wrong country

10. WOW...... PICKERS PARADISE.....WHAT A COLLECTION

11. model A heaven! ;)

12. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Yup. Lot of NICE stuff there.

13. tjelwood

tjelwood
    from oklahoma

Well I went to Vanderbrinks in Enid and Cleveland, Oklahoma trying to get a new project and came home with an empty trailer and some parts. OU is on a bye week so don't have to worry about a football game to go to. Looks like I will give this one a try.

14. srs1

srs1

I keep telling myself that I'm gonna sell all my crap before I die so my much younger wife wont have to deal with it. This is an inspiration!

15. How long does it take to accumulate all that.......He must of hauled in a load every day......Nice chunk of land.....

16. Where would this stuff be now if the guy hadn't hoarded it? ....

17. Swiss50chevy

Swiss50chevy

I hope to leave with a coupe on my trailer

18. malcolm1943

malcolm1943

All that "stuff" would be on the road, being built, being swapped, etc. If this guy was really a car guy, that place wouldn't be stacked up with valuable parts, cars, trucks, wheels, hubcaps, and on and on, he would have been building a couple of projects, driving a couple and would have been making all the excess available to other gearheads to finance the projects he cared about. Hoarding that much stuff and not doing anything with it is just plain miserly. I've never begrudged anybody collecting cars, parts, bits and pieces as long as they are actively working on projects and collecting for the next one or two, to hoard as much as this person had is just being stingy and mean spirited, at least that's how I see it.

19. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:eek: Keeeeeerap.What a treasure trove.Now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where did my 100lb gold ingot get off to?
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

20. dang it.....thanks for posting....

21. Okay, what color is the sky in your world? Seriously that's what you think? How many times did your mother drop you on your head as a baby, almost daily for the first two or three years?

No, the stuff would be mostly scrapped or left to rot someplace where no one would find it until they smashed it with a dozer getting ready to build on the land.

49ratfink and partsdawg like this.
  22. [QUOTE="malcolm1943, post: 10606555, member: 164491"to hoard as much as this person had is just being stingy and mean spirited, at least that's how I see it.[/QUOTE]
    To each his own. I'm just glad I'll never have to spend a day looking at the world through your eyes.

49ratfink likes this.
  23. The Continental

The Continental
    from Texas

Looks like a nice event, I hope I get to make it.

As far as the hoarder comments. Sometimes stuff is saved for someone else down the line, but sometimes stuff gets scrapped anyway. My dad held onto a bunch of cars for 30-40 years just to wind up scrapping a good amount. Some of those cars just stopped getting driven and would've made excellent projects. That '65 Ford sedan would be a relatively likely car to get scrapped especially if it's a I6 3spd, but surely one out of the many car guys will save it. Sometimes people buy up nice cars and even if they're in a dry climate the sun can turn that nice car into something that needs all new rubber, paint, and interior not to mention incidental broken glass. That can lead to the demise of a car.

24. groundpounder

groundpounder
    Member Emeritus

WOW!!.... That's all I got!....

25. Cosmo49

Cosmo49

The Welding truck...'PHONE 16'. Just wow.

26. will try and make it....if only for the camaraderie.....

27. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

save your breath, you can't fix stupid...but I'm glad you said what I was thinking.

kidcampbell71 likes this.