Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Stick Shift's all banged up, keep him in your thoughts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by titus, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Hear that...Lots of guys get 'sucked into that'. I know it sounds easy, but 'JUST SAY NO'.
    ...wise words from Nancy.

need louvers ? likes this.
  2. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Man, two broken legs, OUCH. Those pain pills...Couple years back, I had surgery, I am clean and sober so dont usually take that stuff, so I declined meds against thier advice. I was "uncomfortable" but doing ok, or so I figured. Nurse checked me out in the middle of the night at one point, my blood pressure was 210/105 (normally around 125/80)! She said it was probably my system trying to deal with the pain. I said "gimme the meds!"...

3. Second this (sort of).....had surgery a couple of years ago and decided the vicodin wasn't doing JACK for me, so I quit it cold turkey after taking it every 4 hrs for a couple of weeks. Next morning I got up as usual then woke up on the bathroom floor wondering WTH just happened. You gotta taper off slowly the Doc said!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. Thoughts and prayers for Scott,I know what a broken leg & compound fracture feels like and I can't imagine having both legs broken at the same time..wish him a easy recovery,I fear it's not going to be fast. HRP

Stick Shift likes this.
  5. FINKSTR

FINKSTR

I've been texting and have talked to Scott on the phone off and on since Sunday. He is in very good spirits. It sounds like his surgery yesterday went well and has surgery on the other leg scheluled for tomorrow.

Stick Shift likes this.
  6. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

He had surgery on one leg last night. It took 6 hours, the Doc said it went as well as expected if he's well enough they want to do the other leg Friday afternoon or Monday.My wife and I were with him and his passenger in the ER Sat night they both are very lucky. I didn't want to post anything until I knew Scott was ok with it. Like Jay said he's in good spirits considering what he's been through. Cathy ( his passenger) got to go home yesterday and she's doing ok too. Keep them in your thoughts and prayers though he's gonna be out of commission for a while.

Stick Shift likes this.
  7. evil clown

evil clown
    from Verona, WI

Scott, Sorry to hear about the accident. I've been thinking about you this week. (No, not in a creepy way!) I hope all goes well with your recovery. It may take awhile, so hang in there! If there is anything we can do for you, just let us know.

Stick Shift likes this.
  8. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Take care and heal quickly!

9. Ralphies54

Ralphies54

I feel your pain, happened to me a while back,hit head on by a kid who got his drivers license that morning. Good luck and heal fast. Ralphie

10. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

To give you an idea of how lucky they were and how hard of a hit they took. This should put it in perspective. ( I hope Scott don't mind) image.jpg image.jpg

11. Ouch, get well.

12. peter schmidt

peter schmidt
    from maryland

Ouch. Looks like the engine got shoved into the firewall pretty hard. Hope for a speedy recovery two broken legs must suck but at least your alive from the looks of the truck it could of been way way worse. I'd hang up the grill and steering wheel in the garage to remember how lucky you are to still be here. Hope he recovers fast.

13. randyfloyd

randyfloyd

Prayers going out from Indiana!

14. CGkidd

CGkidd

Someone pull in front of him??

15. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Wow! Lucky is right. Wish you a (some what) speedy recovery. So, plans for truck? Have plenty of time to figure things out. Hope that you will have use of a lap top computer to keep in touch with everyone here.

16. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

It's ok,, he likes it better when its creepy.

On my way over to hang out with him for a bit, will pass on well wishes if he hasn't seen this.

I wanted to add that I've a lot of twisted autos in my time and I've never seen one that bent up and have the occupants get out alive.

17. brady1929

brady1929

Glad you are ok. Get well soon.

18. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

My thoughts as well. Those are some pretty brutal injuries. Hope he comes out ok.

19. chiro

chiro

Get well soon

20. 50 customcoupe

50 customcoupe

Get well soon and keep us posted on how you are doing. You know that us H.A.M.B.er's worry about each other.

21. from what I've heard....Scott was entering an intersection and hit a vehicle going thru,( maybe a malfunctioning stoplight); he doesn't remember seeing the car at all, happened in a second,..only traveling about 35 mph.....other driver wasn't hurt.

22. CGkidd

CGkidd

Damn that sucks.

23. cktasto

cktasto

Get well soon!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

24. jerry

jerry

Hoping for a speedy recovery! Not fun when something like this happens!

jerry

25. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Speedy recovery man. I was in a construction accident 16 yrs ago and broke both ankles(compound fracture, pulverized bone) both ankles are fused now. It gives me shit everyday but life goes on. Keep your head up.

26. yngrodder

yngrodder

It is a bad intersection especially if you do not know it, it was more of a head on do to the crossing traffic is like a y. I'm just leaving the hospital and like mike said the surgery went well and looks like they are going to do the other leg tomorrow.

27. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Thanks to everyone and to my visitors. Good to see Mike Mel and Jay come visit with me. Yes 1st surgery done and have other leg surgery tomorrow afternoon. Two broken legs is the pits. The complication of two legs broken is quite different. I hope I track ok when i am able to walk. Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using H.A.M.B. mobile app

HOTRODPRIMER, Russco and yngrodder like this.
  28. Wow man! Hate to see that happen to you. Despite some very bad injuries I'd say someone was looking out for you that day. Hang in there and get well soon.

Stick Shift likes this.
  29. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Hang in there and get well soon.

Stick Shift likes this.