Register now to get rid of these ads!

1956 Ford Customline Victoria

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Jeff Stiles, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Jeff Stiles

Jeff Stiles

Hi guys. The very first brand new car my folks bought was a 56 Ford Customline Victoria. My dad drove it for about 86k miles and got a new car so he parked the Customline out in the pasture.

It sat for 19 years until I was about a junior in high school. I had high aspirations of turning it into a hot rod. I pulled it out of the pasture and got it running. I used to drive it up and down the road in front of our house but never got much past that.

Fast forward 20+ years. The car still sits where I parked it, out of the pasture and next to my dad's shop. With my dad turning 80 this year and having four kids of my own, I've grown a lot more nostalgic and I've never stopped dreaming of firing that car up again and making a Sunday cruiser out of it. I'm finally at a point where I can make this happen.

It looks like I can learn just about anything I need to know about making this happen right here on this board. I look forward to finally making this dream come true. She's got a long way to go but she's straight and has everything there.

116_1654.jpg

2. jonspin

jonspin

Good luck to you man. Looks like a cool ride.
    Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Welcome from Indy. F-O-R-D spoken here.

4. Welcome from Washington. Very cool to have your dad's old ride; that history will mean even more in the future...

5. Welcome from Merrimac Ma. Great looking project

6. Skidmore

Skidmore
    from San Marcos

Welcome from Texas! I Love my 1956 Customline! My mom bought in new in '56!
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1410319230.056455.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. Welcome! Looks like a good start to me, honestly, I wish my 56 Fairlane Victoria was in half as good of shape as that car looks to be. Mine turned out to be an ex drag car with literally 1&1/2" of bondo on the entire rear quarter (for weight). Among other, hmmmp, fine fit and finish details.

8. Welcome from Oklahoma! Neat car and even better story.

9. My first car (1963) was a 56 Victoria. Got this one in 2001. Different color of blue but close enough. Upgraded suspension brakes wipers tranny and hot rodded the Y Block.

Nice here today going cruising in a few. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I'm enjoying this un