Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 41 plymouth coupe 392 hemi build thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by farmer12, Apr 7, 2010.

1. powhatan42

powhatan42

Hey Eric! I got kicked off my thread because I have a Mustang II front end. That is why I am not posting. Send me an email and I will update you on my build. I miss all the friends that I made on the HAMB over the years. My build will proceed, and is proceeding.

Sorry to hear about your marital problems, been there and don't wish to go back. You have to be happy, and that is the bottom line! Our prayers are with you during these most difficult times. Be well my brother and keep in touch!

loudbang likes this.
  2. damn, sorry to hear that, Eric, but i hope you keep your head up!

3. Well, good luck getting the family stuff ironed out...no fun

Sent VIA top secret BIGREDTODD Mobile HQ

4. farmer12

farmer12

Thanks for all the support everyone! Seriously, I'm doing fine while getting used to a somewhat new life. And the good news, there is progress on the car. While I'm still working on the rear deck lid, Carlos has started the initial work on the body. IMG_1409.JPG IMG_1410.JPG IMG_1411.JPG

Car and Hogman like this.
  5. LuckyFordGuy

LuckyFordGuy

Welcome back it is looking nice glad to see the X did not get the car Rog

6. exterminator

exterminator

Its good that your back,sorry to here about your divorce-been there myself.Will keep you and your family in prayer.Hang in there friend. Exterminator

7. farmer12

farmer12

One thing I never like to do, is rectifying a mistake.......a mistake I made. For some reason, I had fabricated a new lower support for the inner trunk lid and created too much radius. This resulted in the outer lid not fitting properly. Ooops. I should have checked this before......

Anyway, I've cut out the lower support, made a straight line with blue tape and cut off the excess material. Spot welded the modified piece in place and have been test fitting the top lid a few times. The gaps are better now, but I'll probably need another full day before it's the way I want it. From there I'll spot weld it on three sides and fabricate a long piece in order to join the inside of the inner lid to the outer. More next week. IMG_1413.JPG IMG_1414.JPG IMG_1415.JPG

Hogman likes this.
  8. loudbang

loudbang

At least you are back on this beauty. Keep up the good work.

9. I think we've all "been there, done that" when it comes to fixing our own mistakes but we live and learn. As always, your work looks great!

10. farmer12

farmer12

Thank you David! Live and learn indeed.

11. Ford blue blood

Ford blue blood

The only real mistake you can make is NOT fixing a mistake! Great job!

12. farmer12

farmer12

Mounted the front windows weather stripping, so we know exactly where the rubber and metal meets. It also nicely shows how much the chop is. The second pic shows that the gaps on the driver's side door are now getting closer to perfect. We're not there yet, but at least there's progress once more! IMG_1418.JPG IMG_1423.JPG

Car, Hogman and jakespeed63 like this.
  13. smidje

smidje

what an incredible build. Gonna have to hop over and come see it in person someday soon :)

14. farmer12

farmer12

Thanks for the compliment Bart! Good to see you've joined the H.A.M.B.!

15. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Hey Eric, just caught up with your thread, sorry to hear the personal stuff but I'm sure you will get over it, look forward to seeing any progress.

Stay cool buddy

16. farmer12

farmer12

Thanks for the support Steve! Progress is at a steady pace, so I'm happy with that.

17. Fjant

Fjant
    from Sweden

Nice to see some progress on the ride.
    Sorry to hear about the tough times. Hope the plymouth will keep your mind of it.

18. Ulu

Ulu
    from CenCal

Sorry about the divorce. It's a total bummer to have to get divorced, even under the best of situations.

I may have to strip the skin on my deck lid, and the inner structure is much like yours. I'll bet it's pretty flimsy once the skin's off. Plus my inner and outer both have old semi-repaired collision damage. I never had to re-skin a panel before. Should be an adventure. :eek::confused::eek:

19. nice to see you're taking care of each detail, Eric, i'm sure your car will be one of the finest cars when you appear on any meet.

Cheers, Carsten

20. farmer12

farmer12

Update! Anthony (in picture) and Carlos have been busy working on the body and it's looking awesome!! Could not be happier with the work so far! IMG_1485.JPG IMG_1486.JPG IMG_1488.JPG IMG_1489.JPG

Car and Hogman like this.
  21. Hogman

Hogman
    from Dallas, TX

Looking awesome! Great to see this custom approaching paint. Still my favorite build thread here on the Hamb. Keep them updates coming!

22. wheelnutmarc

wheelnutmarc

Can we set a date this comming summer for a cruise to a meeting Erik ??

23. farmer12

farmer12

Thank you for the compliments Hogman. Even though a lot of sanding is still required, I'm very happy with the progress of the boys at the body shop. (it was worth the wait)

Sounds like a good plan Marc!

24. Damn, that looks great !!

25. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Looks good,Eric!
    The finishing line is almost on sight.

26. Ford blue blood

Ford blue blood

Very very nice! That light at the end of the tunnel is NOT and on-rushing train......:<)

27. farmer12

farmer12

Thank you for the comments everyone! Just got these pics sent to me from the guys at the body shop. I'll be there again tomorrow to check it all out for my self. IMG_1544.JPG IMG_1545.JPG IMG_1546.JPG

Hogman, DirtyNapkin, Ironclad and 3 others like this.
  28. Looking good man! cant wait to see it in paint!!

29. farmer12

farmer12

Thank you laidout53. Can't wait ether!

30. Glad your back. Missed you. resubscribe.