Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The bucket of ugly! A de-uglifying thread...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by need louvers ?, Aug 14, 2013.

1. I actually have my eye out for one of those, but I haven't found one I liked yet.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

This is what I came up with after a couple of super windy rides. Found the repop leather cap on ebay. Pretty cheap. SANY0104.jpg I think $20. Put it over a ball cap. I haven't worn it yet but the next long ride on a windy day I'll try it.

Or maybe I've seen too many S&M movies.

You can't have too many skulls!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  3. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

So, you guys have been asking for Miss Judy definition lately...

"You so damn tired rookin' rately, what wrong, you have a yee infection?!

"Well, I'm working about a million hours, and I'm sort of battling a late summer cold, so ya, I'm dead, but who the Hell is a Yee infection?" Asks I, thinking that many people she knows are named Yee, and it must be something that strikes people of Chinese decent that I am not aware of.

"You know, like woman get in their lady parts - yee infection!!!"

So, ya... Yee infection = yeast infection.

Or, yesterday's gem. We had just stopped off at a Home Depot to return a drain cover that didn't fit...
    "That woman ahead of me return the same Blac Spa I have, wonder if there is something wlong with it..." The confused look on my face necessitated a repeat "Blac Spa! Blac Spa!!!" Myself dumbfounded, at this point she can see the wheels turning, but nothing is gaining traction. Many bits of dialog later, and still sitting in the same space so I could give my entire thoughts to deciphering just what the Hell she is trying to tell me, (who knows, she might know that we are under nuclear attack or something important) I come to the brilliant conclusion that "Blac Spa" is Judy for "Back Splash"! "What the Herr did you think I said? Blac Spa..."
    It's all in the delivery, folks.

volvobrynk, t-rod, loudbang and 4 others like this.
  4. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Just sprayed coffee outta my nose agin. You really need to be married to an Asian woman to REALLY get just how funny this shit really is! And they always look at YOU like YOU are SUCH an idiot for not understanding just what in the sam hell they are talking about!

5. missysdad1

missysdad1

I have a dear friend of the female sort who is doing her very best to embrace American culture and the American (as opposed to English) language. She is only two years in the United States after growing up in Fuzhou on mainland China across from Taiwan.

We struggle mightily to communicate. Her American is much better than my Chinese, to say the least. What a hoot...on both our parts. Me to understand what she is saying (I'm hard of hearing as well as illiterate in Mandarin...or any of the other Chinese dialects as well) and she to comprehend my euphamistic American idioms.

It's not just the words, but the concepts. We laugh so hard! I can totally identify with you and Miss Judy. Frustrating, but the rewards to be gained from actually understanding each other are priceless. Life is good.

volvobrynk likes this.
  6. missysdad1

missysdad1

Amen.

7. Yep, I'm wiping the tears from my eyes now from the laughter. Thanks Chip and Miss Judy. You ain't wrong there either FG about having to be there to truly understand the moments as the facial distortions alone are just priceless.

8. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Gotta set the stage for this, my wife has a deathly fear of needles, and her brother is a surgeon in Ho Chi Mein city in Vietnam. The first time I went over, the whole family took us on a day trip to the incredibly beautiful beach city of Vin Tao (phonetic, not how it is actually spelt) while we were there my wife stepped on a piece of metal and cut her foot, so we decided that when we went back to the city, her brother would give her a tetanus booster shot.

So as we are entering the outskirts of Ho Chi Mein, my wife starts saying "Le Die, Le Die" with some urgency. So I say "oh for crissakes, dont be such a baby, your not gonna die from getting a tetanus shot!". Everyone in the vehicle cracked right up. I had no idea what the hell was so funny. Turns out "Le Die" is Vietnamese for "I gotta pee".

First Vietnamese phrase I learned was (phonetic) "gnew wha", which loosely translated is "stupid like a cow." My wife and her friend and I were walking down the street in Vancouver, and she kept saying it to her friend and looking at me, and they were both laughing...:rolleyes:
    For any of those still buying into the myth of the "submissive asian wife", uh yea, right...

volvobrynk and need louvers ? like this.
  9. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

There's more than one reason I really like this thread/virtual garage... :D .

Marcus...

volvobrynk likes this.
  10. loudbang

loudbang

LOL cracking up here. Took my Thai wife on a visit to the states and while we were there went to a State fair. No problem yet but when we went into the hall where they had the giant pumpkin judging that was full of people and she starts yelling FUC TONG FUC TONG over and over with her eyes wide open like an owl while looking at the pumpkins she had never see any pumpkin that huge people were looking at her like she was nuts. All the while I'm telling her to shut up finally I get her quiet and explain that you can't be saying that here. FUC TONG means pumpkin in Thai and it is pronounced FUCK Tong. :eek:

Then we finally went outside and it was a bit nippy about 40 degrees with the wind blowing and she starts screaming loudly "I can't feel my face" again people in the lot staring at me like it was my fault. Got her in the car and turned up the heater because I was so used to it I forgot to warn her that your face normally feels like that in cold and wind and it will go away when you get warm.

volvobrynk and falcongeorge like this.
  11. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Thats FUCing hilarious! God the weather thing. My in-laws came over a few years ago, they were supposed to spend 6 months. They arrived in mid August, loved it, took them to Vancouver Island, Harrison Hot Springs (saw a bear in the wild, that was cool for them) Whistler, they were having a great time. Were amazed at the size of our garden.
    Dad was puttering around planting things, and I was trying to explain to him that planting season was over, winter was coming, and nothing was going to grow. He just couldn't wrap his head around it. By the time 6 weeks had passed, It was getting dark at 6 in the evening, it was raining buckets, and the average temp had dropped about 20 degrees. Couple weeks after that, we started to get frost at night. Next thing I know, they are going home! I actually really liked having them here, I was sorry to see them go. That was 3 years ago, they haven't been back since.
    One thing I noticed in Vietnam (aside from the fact that its still 70 deg. in the dead of winter!) When you are that close to the equator, the hours of daylight dont really vary more than an hour with the seasons. Where we are, in the spring and summer, its daylight till 10 at night, in the dead of winter, its pitch dark by 4.30. I think that was harder for them to deal with than the cold.

12. Not sure if they would work for you (probably not, depends on your prescription/ reason for needing glasses), but I picked up a couple of pairs of bifocal goggles / sunglasses at a bike shop (one pair tinted, one clear) that I believe were made by Wiley X? Going by there later today, so I'll check the brand. If I remember right, they were on sale for $19.95 each, with a regular price of $39.95. I bring it up brcause I "think" the tag said they were available in prescription also (I'm sure that costs more, but not sure how much).

13. Or maybe not, everything I said about Wiley X's is true, but it looks like they start around $80.00 a pair ($140.00 for the changeable lens ones (which mine aren't).

14. So I went and looked, the ones I bought for $19.99 were made by Motor Shades (www.mshades.com), but their redoing their website so I can't confirm if they also do prescription ones.

15. Hey Chip,

You guys get any rain over there yet? It came really close here yesterday, but stayed up in the mountains. They keep saying we're gonna get nailed, but they keep pushing it back a day everyday. Their saying Tue. now.

16. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Send it up here. We need it. Nor. CaL.

17. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Sorry gang, been out in the shop since about 6:00 am. I have been doing a rash of "Scion Challenge" SEMA show cars for local teams that are building these cars. I had a camera crew from Scion America, and Speedhunters.com filming me this morning louvering hoods for show cars... Wheh!

Anyway, very little rain as of yet, but damn did we have dust storm last night! Right in time too, for a benefit cruise for our buddy Frank Pittenger, who's wife was killed and he was badly injured in their '32 last week. We did our drivers meeting at 6:45 with about fifty cars on a 20 mile route, and I was asked to lead the deal. As the 'Bucket and I pulled out of the former Central Avenue McDonald's lot, the dust hit in a spectacular fashion! Like zero visibility!!! About ten of the participants followed me, (most of us roadster pilots, I might add) while the other forty cut the line and took the less scenic route to the destination. The 'Bucket looked like it was cover in talcum powder, and musta blew a pound of desert silt out of my sinuses last night... Just in time for a small amount of rain to hit! So bunch of us took a 10 mile jaunt off to cool old Mexican joint for dinner in the light to medium rain storm with me again leading the pack. Damn these cheaters throw a rooster tail!!!

18. That's about all we got too. A couple of mid afternoon showers, not even enough to keep the ground wet. I went out and washed the Plymouth and the Chevy II in the rain (natures free spot free rinse), hoping it would jinx it into raining a little harder, but no go. It did start clouding up around 10 last night, and it's solid cloud cover this morning, so hopefully we'll get a little more. Most of it seems to be missing us and heading east though. Chip, it sounds like you need a "Snoopy" scarf and goggles!

19. I think we got "a little more!" :eek:

Holy smoke...what's a cubit?

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
    daddio211 likes this.
  20. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I KNOW you got a LOT more. Pictures don't look too good. You guys be safe over there. STAY DRY!

21. Russt29

Russt29
    from Phoenix,Az

He he he ,washing cars in the rain, I thought I was the only one that done that!

22. jerry

jerry

How full was the bucket Chip?

jerry

23. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Coulda' taken a bath in the poor little sucker! I fell asleep early the night before and forgot to cover it up in rainstorm from hell that hit Sunday night. Lets put it this way, I left my kitchen trash can out in the yard to dry after washing it Sunday evening. We're talking one of the 24" jobbies with the swinging lid. I woke up yesterday morning and it was FULL to overflowing!!! That was a LOT of rain in one swell fwoop! What's a cubit, indeed!!!

Oh, and as an extra side-bonus, or across the street neighbor backed into Judy's Honda again, this time taking out the driver's door. She has pretty much decided that this car is cursed, and we went and looked at Fiat 500s for her yesterday...

24. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

And you might also suggest driving lessons and a back up camera- alarm assist for the neighbor ;)

25. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

GOD GAWD! AGAIN???!!! WTF is wrong with people in AZ!! Or is it just the people on your street???

26. Ralph

Ralph

Note to self: When visiting Chip, DO NOT park on the street! Between drunks in PT Cruisers and blind folks across the street, you live in a VERY dangerous neighborhood!
    Ralph

27. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

When I see him, I'm gonna wear a kidney belt and crash helmet!! You never know, the next one just might come through the front wall of his house!!

28. Sounds like it's time for one of those Closed Circuit TV monitoring systems for the front of the house!
    4 Camera ones are surprisingly reasonable these days.....

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  29. Nope, been doing it for years! if you use a car wash, it's the best time to go. No Crowd! You do get sone funny looks though!

30. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

Hey, Chip;

I take it then, you didn't get flooded out? Was thinking about you when I saw the papers yesterday! Surprised some folks didn't go surfin'. Hope you & stuff stayed dry.

I think maybe a war-surplus Sherman tank would do nicely in the street. At least when said idiot drunks & neighbors use it a brake-substitute, the tank won't get hurt... Chips' version of " Hey, you scratched my anchor!". :D .

Marcus...