Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest John Rodriguez Neal Rasso R. Ferrer Anybody know these guys ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodnomader, Sep 8, 2014.

1. hotrodnomader

hotrodnomader

I have several want ads running for parts. A guy called me named John Rodriguez from the Bronx claiming he has parts I'm after for some really good prices. The caller ID showed up " R. Ferrer". He talked about a "Neal Rasso" as a truck driver who could deliver what he has. He is really friendly when he calls, but every now and then says something suspicious. I'm trying to determine whether I want to trust him and buy what he has. Anybody know / heard of these guys ?

2. belair

belair

trust your gut on this one. sounds fishy to me. friendly don't mean diddly.

3. Friendly-Bronx, oxymoron.;)

4. How does he want you to pay for them? That can be a red flag.

Mick

5. hotrodnomader

hotrodnomader

For payment he is asking for a cashiers check.

6. drtybiker

drtybiker
    from florida

Not a chance in hell would I give up a dime without parts in my hand ,,, can you not see this from a mile away.......

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. friendly.......Bronx....?

8. eastcoastron

eastcoastron

Sounds like the same guy that took me for $120.00.Sent him a check and he stalled me until he could cash it.
    Real friendly and seemed to know what I was looking for.Told me he was a Vietnam vet and also knew a local speed shop owner that I knew.
    Don't know the other people that you mentioned but the one from the Bronx sounds like the same one.

9. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

Have him send pics of the parts.location of theives have no boundries so raggin on the bronx is no help.with pics and maybe a return call to the number he called from might help.

10. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

I'd be very cautious.

What parts are you looking for that (are so rare) can't be found found through normal channels (swap meets, forums, ebay, etc) without running want ads?
    Are you talking $100 here or thousands?

Call him back, get his location, then ask to have photos emailed.
    Verify the photos were not lifted from the internet, like is commonly done in parts scams.
    Call back and ask if you can have a 'friend' that is local stop by to see the parts. If it gets this far and looks legit, post on the HAMB asking if someone in that city can view the parts for you...

11. hotrodnomader

hotrodnomader

Thanks for the advice.

12. Ask for his address and tell him you have a friend that will be in his area next week to and he will pick up the parts for you. HRP

13. Alex Kiel

Alex Kiel

Hi,
    my Name is Alex from Kiel in West-Germany and I search for my 331 Cadillac Engine from 1949 Vale Covers. How can I buy a pair.
    I can pay with Paypal
    Thanks Alex

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

14. Are you serious??? why not just place an ad in the "Wanted" section of the HAMB classifieds???