Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Anyone recognize this brake pedal pad - from what car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bertolasi, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Bertolasi

Bertolasi

I have been looking for a replacement pad for the Lakewood 50 - my project car Flashback 50. I am surprised that most sites offering replacement brake pads do not show the dimensions of the pads. I have not yet seen a pad offered that matches the design of the pads from the car and I am stuck trying to figure out if the brake pedal was also part of the Suburban brake components used (master cylinder and booster) or if the two were separately acquired for this car. If anyone can ID this brake pedal I would really appreciate your help. thanks, bob Brake pedal views.jpg

2. If it has a GM number on the back of the rubber. It might be a 70-72 Chevy pickup with the optional stainless trim for the pedal. Can be had for brake and clutch.

3. Bertolasi

Bertolasi

Thanks 325W, I tried to use the numbers on the back to track and did not get any hits. The number is 1261222-7-ADU and I tried putting it in on the GM parts source sites with no items found. Then I tried putting that number into Images and nothing found. I tried a general search of internet and nothing found. I have spent about 4 hours going over brake pad covers and various related searches with no luck. Thanks again for your input. Bob

4. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

looks like the one my uncle had in his Plymouth volare back in the 77

5. Rattle Trap

Rattle Trap

Late 60s Caddy?

6. 50ish Cadillac or Olds late 50's thru 1961.

7. Looks more like mid to late 60's Ford to me. The thing that is stumping me is the chrome trim. I can't find anything with a vertical center bar. The only ones I can find have a horizontal center bar.

8. cbillelder

cbillelder

I have several of these that came out of late 70's to early 80's (?) Cadillacs.

9. Bertolasi

Bertolasi

That's it CBillElder. I did an image search and found this picture of a 1980 Cadillac Eldorado interior. Thanks to all of you for your help. Now I have to try and find a replacement pad for this pedal. Regards, bob

Attached Files:

10. What a great quiz this was.

We should have guess what every day.

11. Bertolasi

Bertolasi

I think sometimes there should be technical training classes for certain tools ,,,,, like channel locks!
    I did what I could to press out - tap out - buff out all the tooth marks from the channel locks that were used to 'set' the tabs of the stainless trim over the pad/pedal stack, but just don't have enough experience / talent to get it all removed. Considering that the brake pedal is typically not a highlight of the interior, I think that I am about at the end of productive efforts on this refinish. Here is what I have ended up with, using various polishing compounds and Meguiars #40 rubber conditioner.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The guys next door (Kings custom woodwork) that make the replacement panels for old woodies, made a wood mandrel that I could use to polish the stainless so that I did not take any chances snagging the frame from my gloved hand.
    If any of you that are monitoring this post have experience getting the jaw marks out of stainless, I welcome the education. So far I have tried wood dowels, aluminum rod, steel punches (like drift punches), and jewelry hammers. Best regards, Bob Bertolasi

12. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I like these presentations too. Makes me aware of lots of items I'd never see otherwise....AND their origins.