Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1931 Model A BUILD.(You really can find one).

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JZACK, Sep 8, 2014.

1. JZACK

JZACK

Well just when I was giving up hope one finds its way to me. lol. This one spent its whole life right here in Buffalo,NY. I got it from its original owner that gave it to his son and he drove it to college up to 1965 semester. Its the last time that it was registered. I will try to keep the glass intact. I will be getting rid of the running gear if anyone is interested.

Attached Files:

2. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

Very cool. Must have been an engineering student of some kind. Good for you!

3. Nice find! Are you keeping the fenders or no? Mine's a 1930 and I've just been getting started on it. Did the mouse cost extra? haha!

4. Nice find,I like the cool decals but you do realize that the windshield is plate glass?

Might be a good idea to replace the glass and have a local sign painter to recreate them,,heck I would think as sharp as some of the computer guys are they could crank out the decals for you. HRP

5. Looks like a pretty solid survivor car. You even got one of the original Rat Finks with it.

6. 4t7flat

4t7flat

All Model "A"s came from the factory with laminated safety glass in the windshield only. One of Henrys officials got into a wreck with a proto type and went through the plate glass wind shield. He was cut up very bad and nearly died. After that Henry said put Safety glass in.

7. JZACK

JZACK

Thanks guys, I am getting rid of fenders and yes the windshield is safety glass and she is super solid, three 2" spots that are bad and thats it. It still has the sill kick plates that say ford. I am thinking of 2" chop and then a stock I beam 4" drop and a 2" drop crossmember. and the rear a nine inch. and a 5" kick up should do just fine.