Register now to get rid of these ads!

Go for a ride? Mans best copilots!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by no55mad, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I guess you're car isn't lowered,it's just the weight of the dog compressing the springs.......;)

2. Finally got up the courage to get a new dog
    DSC_0046.jpg
    hope he likes the roadster

Dusty-NZ likes this.
  3. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Handsome boy.

4. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

One of the best threads ever.......................

bobwop likes this.
  5. jwcaddy

jwcaddy
    from golden,co.

Ha Ha Ha that was a good one and I guess I need air ride now that he passed away. Oh ya bags are for groceries!!!!!

6. Perfect Roadster Weather!

[​IMG]

7. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

I think they want the car done so they can go for a ride

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

8. Gman0046

Gman0046

K1W1rodder great choice on your new friend. He's a good looking boy.

9. no55mad

no55mad

This is a very sad post and a warning to others. My 6mo old German Wirehaired Pointer died last weekend from eating a Death Cap mushroom. These mushrooms are not native to the USA and are becoming more common. They are taking off on the Calif Central Coast, growing mostly under Oak trees. I'd never heard of this problem before; now I've read about lots of cases online. I didn't know he had eaten it until he started getting sick (throwing up) which was over 12 hours later (delayed symptoms are normal but too late for help). If you don't get them help within the 1st hour, the vet told me it is almost always fatal. I'm devastated! If anyone knows of a GWP that is available or a similar hunting breed like a Wirehaired Pointing Griffon, it would be much appreciated.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
  10. So very sorry for your loss. I cannot think about that happening. Thanks for the information even though I am on the East Coast and have not heard of this before, I will be on the lookout of this thing happening here. Check with rescue organizations near you. There are so many great dogs that need a home. Again sorry! Good luck finding a new pup.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
    patrick66 likes this.
  11. no55mad

no55mad

Thank you for the kind words. If you go online (http://www.mushrooms911.blogspot.com) there is alot of info. It is an East Coast problem also. I have lived in Mich and I know there are toxic mushrooms there too so the toxic mushrooms are not limited to certain areas.
    Also, thanks for keeping an eye open for a GWP or similar breed - they are hard to find in Calif as this is not much of a hunting state anymore.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
  12. Autodave

Autodave
    from Menifee,Ca

Sorry to hear your loss. I am a GSP owner, they are great companion dogs.
    I remember seeing GWP on the NorCal GSP rescue website.

13. shadams

shadams

Dammit, something else to worry about now....off to google.....

14. Two and a half months ago, I lost my wonderful dog GiGi, and several of you have expressed condolences in previous posts. For that, I thank you from my heart, that really means a lot to me. I had plenty of times in the first three weeks, especially, where I'd just start bawling out of the blue over her loss. I lost my GiGi, and my Chihuahua DeeDee lost her dog buddy. But, not long after she was gone, another wonderful dog entered my life...meet Rolene!

Rolene is a two-year-old Boxer/Black-face Cur mix, just over 50 pounds, with a wheat coat with black and white markings. She is strong, powerful, and very playful! Rolene was a tornado dog who became temporarily homeless when her original family lost their home in Moore, OK last May. The rental home they found would not accept dogs, so she went to the Boxer rescue for re-homing. I found her through a local Boxer rescue, which had several dogs up for adoption at a local vet/pet store. I saw her just two weeks after losing GiGi, so it was way too soon after my loss to consider another dog. I sat down next to her, and she came right over and laid her head on my lap like she'd known me forever! It was good I was wearing sunglasses, because I had tears all over the place. Here was my next dog! I got the contact info and told the woman I wanted the dog, but not quite yet. Rolene had to meet the approval of both my wife and my Chihuahua before I could commit.

We picked her up three weeks ago. It took a couple of days for her to get acclimated to her new home, but soon she was ready to run and play outside in our fenced yard without worries. She was already house-trained, and she has never had an accident inside the house. The first few days, she did not bark at all, and found that to be a trait with black-faced curs. Oh, but when she found her bark in her new home, it was loud and strong! She has a pretty intimidating bark, which I love. She will stand and howl at me or any of my family when she feels she wants something and thinks we are not paying attention to her. When it's bedtime, she'll hop right up into the bed and curl up at the end. She is leash-trained and loves to ride in the car. I need to get her an appropriate harness so she can ride strapped in and safe.

Rolene is a wonderful dog. I really thought it would take me 6-8 months before I'd even consider another dog, but she is soooo friggin' sweet that I could not resist! She is not a "replacement dog", as no dog can ever replace another. She's another great dog to love and have in my life!

Attached Files:

luckystiff likes this.
  15. Gman0046

Gman0046

Patrick, way to go. Looks like you both lucked out.

Gary

16. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So happy that you found another friend.

17. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

great news Patrick

18. @no55mad - I'm so sorry to hear about your loss! What a precious little dog you had! Thank you for sharing the info about that mushroom. I'd never heard that prior to now.

19. no55mad

no55mad

Here we go again. Got another puppy - a Wirehaired Pointing Griffon this time. Still paranoid about the mushroom poisoning. I've taken several mushrooms out of her mouth already. In telling my mushroom story I've found this has happened to many people. We are in Michigan now with the puppy and there are many mushrooms here. The Mich DNR site states there are 2500 visible mushrooms with 50 poisonous ones - scary!

Attached Files:

20. Muttley

Muttley

You are fortunate she will let you do that.............try and remove anything from my Basset Hounds mouth and all you'll be pulling back is a bloody stump. :eek:

21. gatz

gatz

What is it about mushrooms that dogs are attracted to?
    Our little shipoo dog Ralphie goes straight for em in the yard.
    These are the small kind that grow near tree roots.
    So far he's been ok, but we did notice some lethargy shortly after.

22. no55mad

no55mad

The mushroom that killed my GWP was old and dried out (dead mushrooms can kill for up to 3 years) - in that stage they smell like poop. When fresh, they have a sweet odor - dogs are attracted to the smell.
    The new WPG puppy is always picking up something - acorns, sticks, grass, weeds, broccoli, tomatoes, pine cones, paper, my glasses, my hat, shoes, dirty clothes, oily shop rags, my tools, etc..........

23. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

Sumthin I come across recently -- brought tears to my eyes, and resolution to my heart

http://www.rescuepledge.org/a-dogs-last-will-and-testament/
    A Dog's Last Will and Testament
    Losing a best friend is hard, but the greatest gift you can give to your departed pet is to bring joy to the life of a new shelter dog. This poem by an unknown author perfectly captures that sentiment and, in a greater sense, the spirit of the Rescue Pledge.

now, I gotta go wash my face -- aGIN --

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
    bigbore1934 and patrick66 like this.
  24. drtybiker

drtybiker
    from florida

Well someone heard me reading aloud now I gotta fire up the truck and make a beer run or somthing

Attached Files:

25. drtybiker

drtybiker
    from florida

Hate when I post a crooked picture

26. drtybiker

drtybiker
    from florida

Show off he is

Attached Files:

27. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

It's rained so much here that my lawn has more mushrooms than grass. My dog has started running off if he isn't tied up. I used to be able to let him roam and he would stay in the yard. I'd walk to the road to get the mail and I could stop him from going close to the road just by telling him to stop. Now I can holler at him to stop and he just turns and looks at me and heads across the road into the woods. Last week he took off and got caught so I had to go bail him out. Now I have to keep him tied up or on a leash. I guess that will make it easier to keep him away from mushrooms. He doesn't get to run anymore but he's 11 so he doesn't run very far. He loves to go for a ride but he really wants to drive.

SanDiegoHighwayman likes this.
  28. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

[QUOTE="Engine man, He loves to go for a ride but he really wants to drive.[/QUOTE]

>.chuckle< sounds JUST like my Shela ;) see where littl Whitney drew her in? ;) question is, how'd Whitney know??

childsthankyouart.jpg

patrick66 likes this.
  29. It's hot out here. Can we go home now?

Attached Files:

30. wsdad

wsdad

My pug, "Harley" is the smartest dog in the world. Just the other day, we were riding around, and our conversation went something like this:

I said, "Hey, what was it that Mom asked us to pick up, so she could finish making the candy for the party? It was Chocolate Almond... something..."
    "Bark! Bark!" he said.
    "Oh yea. Thanks. Good dog! You know, I'm curious about that new Chinese restaurant that just went in across the street but I'm hesitant to try it until I've read some reviews."
    "Yelp!" he suggested.
    "So, if you were trapped on Gilligan's Island, who's dog would you want to be - Mary Ann's or Gingers?"
    "Howl!"
    "Well, as a dog, I guess you would have different priorities. Say, do you remember that guy, "need louvers?" that I was telling you about in Arizona that's de-uglifying a t-bucket? He said it gets up to 130* out there! Isn't that nuts?! You know what he needs to keep the sun off his head?"
    "Roof! Roof!"
    "That's right! You're such a good dog! Hey, what you think of my old car?"
    "Ruff."

Everybody's a critic.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
    patrick66 and SanDiegoHighwayman like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.