Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Three events, 4,552 miles in 2 weeks & 3 days!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 40StudeDude, Aug 11, 2013.

1. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Thanx one2roc, seeing this great country thru the windshield of a Cadillac..or any hot rod for that matter is one of the most relaxing things I know of (and I don't watch TV...!!!). Take your wife and enjoy a few days "up the road", take those few days off and make a weekend rod run part of your vacation. Northern California has some of the most beautiful sights in this country (if it ain't burning that is...!!!).

For me, I have Diamondback radial whitewalls 225 75 R15's (brand name is Matrix Multi-mile) and they have exactly 20,796 miles on 'em and they are wearing like steel cuz that's what they are...!!!

Diamondback has good tires and if I'm paying top dollar for 'em, they'd better last and FWIW, I've never had a problem balancing the tires, never had tread separation and have never had to return a set to them...I had Diamondbacks on my '40 Stude and they were good tires, too (don't know if they are the same brand). Matter of fact, Dan's '47 Chevy has Diamondbacks as well as his '54 Caddy, altho I don't know how many miles he has on those tires (more than I do anyway). Yeah, I trust them a lot more than the Cokers I had on my Caddy at first (they leaked under the whitewall) and will never buy another set of Cokers. I do have a Diamondback whitewall for a spare in the Caddy, just in case, but it wasn't needed.

Keep working on your car...the U.S. is a gorgeous country and it's better seen thru the windshield of a cool car than flying over it at 30,000 feet...!!!

R-

2. Amazing Roger!
    Whatever happens in our life's, nobody can take the memories away from us!

3. Crazy Legs

Crazy Legs

Very very cool! I was really hoping you were going to say what you did...... just order a set of Diamond backs :) Thanks again!

4. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

I finally had time tonight to sit and read the whole thread instead of just scanning the pics. Thanks for the thorough and well written story as well as the great photos. I am looking forward to seeing you guys in Kustom City next weekend and to possibly acting as caboose in the Galaxie on the trip to Indy next June.

5. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Thanx Travis...Yep, we'll be there, barring any unforeseen "fuel tank" problems...!!! We're leaving Thursday morn...see you in Wichita...

R-

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  6. b-bob

b-bob

What a great thread! I've been following along as you went. I noticed that you were very kind not to say anything negative about your time in Canada, the high prices are due to our high taxes on everything. There is 50 cents in taxes on a litre of gas, a litre is close to an American quart, in our area.

Enjoyed seeing the pictures of various sights that you posted. Things like the bomber in the old gas station and Mt St Helens, how they have changed over time. I still remember when the mountain blew, we heard it all the way up here just north of the border. Sounded like an explosion locally.

Your Puyallup pictures must have been taken on the Friday, on a Saturday there would be far too many people in the way.
    Hope to read more about your travels in the future, Brian

7. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Thanx b-bob...believe me, I heard all about the taxes up there...when you run with 73 Canadian hot rodders you can't help but hear about it...and the price of cigarettes...and the price of a six-pack...someone has to pay for that socialized medicine up there...your government isn't going to ...and that's what's going to happen here with Obamacare...tax the middle class (the workers) so the rich don't have to dig into their money....!!!

Actually most of those shots were taken on Saturday...my brother is a great photographer and he'll wait for the crowds around cars to leave...some of the winners were shot on Sunday tho...

Thanx for the post, appreciate it..

R-

8. jakdupkustoms

jakdupkustoms

Looks like great fun. Awesome trip. Thanks for posting it up.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. tinlid

tinlid

Congratulations on the 2 page build spread in Hot Rod Magazine, Jan, 2014. Well deserved.

10. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Thanx Tinlid...haven't seen it yet, but heard it was in the mag...

R-

11. Nice, Roger. Wish I'd been there with you and Dan. Maybe my coupe will be driveable by spring, eh?
    You guys went right through my old home town [born and raised] 85 miles east of Portland in the gorge..a little town of The Dalles, Oregon..sometimes has a little wind.

12. vivalahotrod

vivalahotrod

That's what I love about being stateside.

You can hop in your hotrod and just go until it's time to come home.

Viva

13. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Hi Rodger.Thanks for an outstanding ride along.Back in the day(mid 20`s to early 30`s)my father did chauffer work through some of those areas.Yellowstone for one.MAYBE one day I can tour those areas myself.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

14. How did I miss this one?

Well I'm subscribed now!

Posted using Full box of Crayons on the Kitchen Walls App!

15. crob1

crob1
    from Colorado

Wow! What a great report. That's what I call a roadtrip!

16. You two are awesome!