Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

SOLD!!!!1928 5 window or trade for '49-'51 Merc or chopped shoebox Ford

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by loosenutNH, Aug 15, 2014.

1. loosenutNH

loosenutNH

City: Hampton Falls

State: New Hampshire
    Price: $21,500
    IMG_2975.JPG Hi guys, I'm mainly looking for a trade. I have had this car for a few years and its fun but I am looking for my all time dream car in a similar price range.... '49-'51 Mercury. I will sell the car outright too at $21,500 obo.
    1928 Ford Model A coupe. This car has been chopped 4" and channeled 3". It has been primed and painted a single stage red and then painted with a base coat of Mercedes Benz black. After some creative wet sanding it was then cleared 3 times. The result is a shiny black appearance with highlights of red showing through.
    The motor is a fresh 1969 tall deck 427 with 10.5 compression and .040 pistons. It has LS5 big square port heads with new valvetrain. It has a choppy Comp Cams Mutha'Thumpr cam and gear drive. On top is a vintage Edelbrock tunnelram with twin Edelbrock 1406 carbs. It has a Moroso electric waterpump and electric fuel pump as well. In front is a '65 Mustang aluminum radiator with electric fan. Plumbed off the heater lines is another aluminum radiator in the trunk for extra cooling. It has twin fans on that radiator. Also it has Accel ignition parts and a high torque mini starter.
    The drivetrain is a 700R4 trans out of a '90 Camaro and 10 bolt rear end with 2.56 gears. That equates to 80 mph at 1750 rpm! Keeping your foot out of the gas will give you 20 mpg but it is a next to impossible task because this car is so fun to drive and sounds sooo good hauling down the road. The front suspension is set up suicide style and has F100 Ford brakes and steering box. The frame is a new boxed 2x4 with a huge kick up in the rear and coil over shocks.
    It has Wheel Vintiques smoothie wheels with Coker whitewalls. The wheels are 15x4 and 15x10 and powder coated gloss black. The tires (and entire car) have around 3,000 miles on them. Chrome bullet spider center caps finish off the package.
    The rear 3 windows are security glass (wire glass) and look awesome. They have a very light layer of tint on them. It does not have door glass but the channels are there so it wouldnt be hard to install them.
    It has an 11 gallon fuel cell with baffle. It has a red digital speedometer that is extremely accurate.
    The interior is made up of polished aluminum sheets and over 1,100 rivets that were hand laid. The seats are bomber style with oxblood leather stitched with the same pattern as the rivets on the door panels. The headliner is Mongolian Yak. It is synthetic and has a 2 1/2" fur.
    This car is rock solid and I would not be afraid to drive it on a 500 mile road trip tomorrow. I love it, drove it a few years but I'm building a new workshop ad would like to get started on it or trade for the right car. Just put seatbelts and blinkers/hazards highbeams in it too.
    Here's a vid:
    Registered and Title in Hand. All Steel! $21,500 OBO I may consider trades for chopped '49-51 Ford Shoebox (real nice one) or a comparable value '49-54 Merc, '37 chevy coupe. No bikes. Thanks

Thanks and pm me or email at [email protected]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  2. loosenutNH

loosenutNH

bttt , I may also trade for a real nice chopped '49-'51 ford 2 door shoebox custom

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  3. loosenutNH

loosenutNH

bump, any offers? new pictures. Price negotiable.

4. loosenutNH

loosenutNH

bttt, price drop - 21.5K.

5. loosenutNH

loosenutNH

bump! taking offers!

6. loosenutNH

loosenutNH

SOLD! Thanks HAMB!!

drag06 and 57 3100 like this.