Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Hard Chop 1932 5 window

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rexrogers, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Yeah.....

Totally ridiculous if it was your only hot rod, but if he's got 5 other 5 windows, then I guess why not. It seems like it is purely for the extreme look and not for practicality. Obviously there are many elements people incorporate into their cars that are not practical but this is definitely on top of the list.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

dana barlow likes this.
  2. Rattle Trap

Rattle Trap

Nice to look at but I wouldnt want to drive it.

3. Very cool keep the updates coming along with pics.

4. reefer

reefer

If it's getting built as a race car ,it's fine, but I really can't believe that visibility is sufficient for street use.....looks hard as nails though.Its entirely up to the owner how he wants it and fair play to the guy, nice work.

5. jeepers00creepers

jeepers00creepers

I don't understand all the negativity. A customer is paying the man to do what he asks. All it proves is hes talented. Hammer on!!!

6. DiabloMann

DiabloMann
    from colorado

Cant wait to see it on the road!

7. slowmotion

slowmotion

Safe?.......hell no
    Practical?......not even a little
    Cramped?.....you bet
    Hotrod?.....100%

I like it.

Donald A. Smith and kiwijeff like this.
  8. I'm too crippled,too old and way too tall to fit in that coupe but darn if I don't think it's one of the coolest ,bad boy looking hot rod! HRP

Donald A. Smith likes this.
  9. 4rod

4rod

radical chop...i particularly dig the y block

10. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

At around 9-10 years old I fell in love with '32 5w's. That's 60 years of observing what can and has been done with them. With very few exceptions I'm basically OK with just about anything that
    man has visited on these lovely automotive icons . I can see myself owning this one but at 70 yrs old I wouldn't look forward to driving it more than 2-300 miles a day.
    Around 42 years ago I acquired a nice example to build my "dream hot rod". Family, making a living to support same, and a host of health and accident issues have conspired to keep it in the back of the shop...................waiting. With the dirt nap fast approaching my friends (both of them) have started a campaign to "put up or shut up". After a couple dozen modified vehicles to warm up with I'm hoping there is still enough gas in the tank to give this one a shot.

Frank

11. 1951
    hotrods-pg-109.jpg

Stogy and kiwijeff like this.
  12. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

As I 've stated before; I thought this was a hot rod forum.. Not a street rod or how comfortable it is or how practical it is forum but a hot rod forum.. Yeah it's a heavy chop, yeah it will be hard to see the street lights, but dam, I sure would like to have it in my driveway.. In fact I think I'll do almost as heavy a chop on my next A coupe(can't afford a 32)...

13. Countn'Carbs

Countn'Carbs
    from CO

It's got my attention that's for sure. Thanks for posting this Rex and great work as usual. Can't wait to see this thing running around.

14. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

As a salt racecar only,I really love it!
    On the street no way,would hate to see it on the street and for sure would not even talk to any driving,an I talk to a lot of odd balls being one myself.

15. rexrogers

rexrogers

I gotcside tracked with a honey do list but plan on finish up my end of this project soon. The rear roll pan is nect to complete, then start back at the cowl and a final round of metal finishing. And either put the wood back in the car or if the owner wants some sheetmetal structure, i vote for the wood no interior but we will see

16. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The chop is no doubt hard. Not my taste but I get it. I've stared at it for a while and there's only some minor things (but maybe major work) that sort of mullers up the vibe. The doors and qtr windows look too "thick" and seem to steal from the cars angry looks. The windshield frame too. Seems to pinch it down more than it really is. Now if this becomes a "thing" with you every time you look at it, well, sorry man. Kool as hell and like I said before, looks angry. Maybe even more like totally pissed off:cool:

kiwijeff likes this.
  17. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Orange or blue Plexiglass roof.

bengeltiger likes this.
  18. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

Many years ago I had a Pick up truck I wanted to chop....back then I drank a good bit......we cut 3" out...sat and drank a little while and decided it need another inch out.......cut it again and tacked it back together...sat and drank some more and we both decided it was good.....I showed up the next day and as I was pulling up to the shop my Buddy was sitting in the same place we were the night before and looking at the truck....it looked different...I remember telling him that we must have really got tore up last night because I didn't realize we had cut the top that much......he started laughing and said...after you left I thought it would look better with another inch out, so I cut it again........ALCOHOL.....sure am glad I quit drinking in '88................but once it was finished and painted, I loved it.

kiwijeff, volvobrynk and Rattle Trap like this.
  19. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

Any updates on the coupe?

20. 4thhorseman

4thhorseman
    from SW Desert

Bitch to drive but I like it. Evil man.

21. are you going to chop it? :D

volvobrynk likes this.
  22. rexrogers

rexrogers

I have been slowly working on the roll pan, should make some notable progress this weekend

23. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

32 sedan.jpg

Local tudor with a similar severe chop.

kiwijeff likes this.
  24. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

XF/GR = flathead / Gas Roadster???

25. rexrogers

rexrogers

I know the XF/GR was by no means my idea he just liked it. and the 409 all i can think about is Chevy.

26. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

The car is bitchin for sure ...but I'm pretty burnt out on fake race numbers ..
    xf is fairly recent class and unless he saws the roof off its not gas roadster criteria .... Maybe you can convince him to scrub that part off ?..But if he likes it... He likes it

27. JimSibley

JimSibley

Man, the hamb is full if whining! I myself feel a 32 chop ends at 6 inches, but that thing is mean, and looks all that more angry with the wild
    Chop. Go build and drive!

Diesel627, kiwijeff and Markmonty like this.
  28. nasty Nasty NASTY !!

kiwijeff likes this.
  29. rexrogers

rexrogers

The roll pan is almost complete, i think the plan is to punch some louvers in it and a round of metal finishing.

Attached Files:

30. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Super job on the roll pan but I liked it better without it...

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014