Register now to get rid of these ads!

I hate cars.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Anderson, Jan 15, 2006.

1. Anderson

Anderson

Venting...

Friday, I was driving back to work from my lunch break, some bitch cut across two lanes, in front of me doing 5 miles an hour, I was doing about 45. I rear ended her and now the daily is fucked up pretty bad. She's at fault and has insurance. The car is O/T but I love it like a family member, and I'm still devastated from it. It should be fixed ok...but it's still disgusting.

So with the daily sitting at a body shop, I'm forced to drive the Cutlass untill I can get a rental tomorrow or Tuesday. It's no big deal, it's always been fairly reliable, I drove it daily for about four years up untill this time last year. I'd just had her out for a cruise last weekend and everything was cool.

Last night, I was taking a tool box over to Hamilton to have him lay some paint on it. I dont even get halfway there, I'm on the highway, and the car starts shaking badly. I pulled over expecting a flat tire only to find the driver rear wheel is only held on by two nuts. Two of the studs had snapped off and another nut was just missing. Called dad, he brought some tools and we replaced the studs on the side of the road with heavy traffic wizzing by at 60+mph.

Had to limp it home on a donut spare (only thing I had) because I didn't have any extra shank lug nuts to put the astro back on. So today I limp it to the parts store and get some new lug nuts. I put her back together and toss in the full size spare dad brought the night before. Head to Hamilton's and drop the toolbox off, get back home, no problems.

I jumped in the car about an hour ago to head over to Revhead's for his surprise birthday party. Turn the key, the car starts but the starter wont disengage and there's smoke coming from the dash. FUCK! It's dark, the car is in my apartment parking lot, and after 15 minutes of trying to fuck with it, I gave up.

So what the fuck have I been doing wrong lately?

Sorry George, wish I could have been there...Happy Birthday man.

2. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

I know your daily, it's the green Bullitt with nice wheels. Sorry to hear it got banged up. :(

And the Cutlass is bitchin. But sometimes you have to work on them when they turn 40yrs old. ;) Sorry man, sounds like you had a really crappy weekend. But they're just machines, they can be fixed.

3. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

Sometimes bad shit happens to good people. Hang in there bro.

4. Chin up soldier, it happens to all of us at times!:)

5. Flexicoker

Flexicoker

Shit happens... Erics will prevail

6. Mojo

Mojo

right there with you. My 38yr old daily has been a real PIA, i'm sick to death of the car. I've been paying other people to work on it, because I can't without wanting to bust the windows out of it. I'm trying to sell it, what i'm asking is borderline too much, but even then i'm losing my ass on it. I'm half-tempted to go ahead and hand my ass over on a brand new car, just so I don't have to fuck with anything anymore. I'm probably going to get a car that I really love and want to keep, so it would be worth the trouble and money. But yeah, right there with you man.

7. Deuce Rails

Deuce Rails

Didn't "Trailer Ed" hate cars, too? :)

8. Anderson

Anderson

I know what you mean Mojo.

I quit driving the car a year ago because of things sorta like this. The car got hit AND backed into within a couple months of each other. Then the transmission started going out on it. It was looking like shit, and I decided I'd better get it off the road before something else happened to it. I bought an S-10 and started fixing the cutlass right for a change (instead of rigging it just to keep it going for a while more).

9. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

If no one got hurt ,all will work out fine. Good luck.

10. dang bro! I'm sorry for the string of bad luck! I'd have invited you in to eat cookies and watch the penguin movie if I'd had known all this!

I'm gonna throw some extra goodness in the paint when I pretty up your tool box....standby....

Hami

11. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sounds like you need a whaamburger and a side of cries. Or maybe we can call you a Whaambulance. :(

12. Anderson

Anderson

Go fuck yourself asshole.

13. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

Hey Fidge,

Sorry to hear about your daily. I know it's O/T but it's a nice ride none the less. Most things run in the threes for me. Hopefully you got all of your bad luck out of the way early and the rest of the year will be smooth sailing. Ya got that tranny installed yet?

Doc.

14. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Boy, are we a lil touchy? I don't think you'd last 30 seconds in any of the shops I've ever been in. I'm surprised in fact that I'm the 1st to respond that way and frankly at your response as well.

Sorry you had a bad car day...really...I am...stop lookin at me like that:D

15. "Some days you're the dog, some days you're the hydrant."

16. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

I hate cars too and it does sound like a "bad car day",buutt...If this is the worst that ever happens to ya , you're gonna live a very good life.;)

17. Anderson

Anderson

Who the fuck asked you? What does this have to do with shops? You don't know me, and I'm surprised at how much of a dick you are. A little touchy? Yeah, right now I am. Both of my cars have become non functional in the last three days. I have a right to be. I guess your life has just been filled with rainbows and cupcakes and you've never had shit happen. Excuse me for venting.

18. 390kid

390kid

i hate em too. they all seem to break at the same time. but when they run good, God damn that shit feels good.

19. 65Luck

65Luck

Been there, too. Sucks. I have days when I think I should take up rock collecting. Mainly so I have something to throw at my cars when they go to hell.

20. leadsleadolds

leadsleadolds

That sucks man. I had a run of break downs go on for two months. Every week something broke as soon as I got the last thing fixed. I almost sold all three of them buicks and bought a new truck again.

21. leadsleadolds

leadsleadolds

But you know what is gonna cheer you up. Power slides in a rental car.

22. OldCarPilot

OldCarPilot
    from Bel Air MD

Dude we don't need your kind of attitude around here. The guy is venting about a shitty day and all you can do is insult him? Not needed. Go post your downer shit on some other board. NOT HERE.

23. I advise you go golfing, thats what I did after the Roundup
    smashing last year, quit cars all together. By the way I
    still don't have settlement from the kid hitting the
    Commander.

Commander
    - leaking radiator and thermostat prob. :(

Truck
    - needs a wheel bearing :(

ElCamino
    - still not driveable. :eek:

Can I do some RR track jumping in your rental car. ;) ;)

24. jalopy43

jalopy43
    Member Emeritus

80's GM car:( ' nuff said:D Sparkx

25. OldsGuy

OldsGuy

So when your starter solenoid stuck and the current start to heat the wire was the smoke from that and just curl up into the dash or did you have other troubles under the dash non-related to the starter problem?

Sorry about your bad experience.

26. Roothawg

Roothawg

I can see hambers golfing....tearing up some guys manicured lawn with a steel stick.:D

27. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

Been going through the same thing with the wife's mini-van. Broke down the day I recieved a settlement(not shitting in the slightest!)-trans-$1500:eek:
    Been carting the family of 5 around in the Jeepers Creepers. JC decided to break a carrier bearing the other day but Crushproof saved the day (again). Finally getting my wife's van together, but damn it's sucked-thank God I had a 4 DOOR!(screw the naysayers again!) This to shall pass!:D
    Highlander-I thought that was some poorly timed sarcasm, then I saw your comeback-nice example of poorly developed socialization skills. It's called 'empathy'; look it up sometime:rolleyes:

28. sliderule67

sliderule67
    from Houston

Did you ever notice how anonymity often brings out the unsocialized? Comments like, that to someone that thought he was talking to friends, says way more about your own head problems than it does about a guy that's dumping his bucket amongst friends. Flame away; you're still a jerk, and I can't be in the first thousand people to say that to you.

29. Jai

Jai
    from Dallas, Tx

I still say spin.

I'm telling you dizzy people are happy people.

30. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

I hated cars too 'til I realized why. I'm pushing forty now so old cars are like hobby things. The way I see it: '40 Coupes were well cool in 1940. Shoeboxes were great in '49 and everyone wanted a '58 Impala in 1958. Yeh I think new cars can be cool to. Buy 'em stock, leave 'em stock and enjoy the way they look after you and trade 'em in when the tires wear out. That way you've got more time for family and Hotrod.

Hell you can get a new Malibu for $12000. I've spent that much on my '32 project and only have a pile of rusty old parts to look at.

P.S. I'm not rich - not even close.