Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Bad idle/vacuum at mopar 318

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gasolinedeniz, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Here we go my 318 runs like crap , really bad idle and around 15 of vaccum. Compression is around 130 psi on all cylinders but it sounds like it would only run on 5-7 cylinders. Number one stay cold for a long time , while cylinder 3 and 4 reaches temperature pretty fast. Sadwise i do not know what cam is inside :-( Carb is a brandnew Edelbrock . Ignitionwise i used the mopar electric system, swaped to Hei but it did not work now i have a also brandnew dualpoint dist in it. . Also i does not look like i have vacuum leaks or so .
    Any ideas , maybe i can uploar a movie tonight

2. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

What do you have for a intake does it have a EGR valve.

3. sqhd

sqhd

Had the same problem on a 318 years ago. Bad vacumm leak on the intake manifold. It had those tin intake gaskets and it leaked underneath the manifold. try a propane unlit torch around the intake to heads with the car running. If the idle picks up, you have a leak. Get new fiber gaskets and it should be fine.