Register now to get rid of these ads!

Glass packs- which are the best??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The_Monster, Aug 7, 2005.

1. timmytim240

timmytim240

I know this is a old post but post is still relevant today. I have found most modern glass-packs to be the same. The old school glasspacks that are shaped like a coffee can( flat on the ends) have a distinct sound and do differ from the modern glass-packs. The sound changes with type of motor and hp. Size of pipe and length. Also placement of glass-packs. Checkout video of my truck idling. 2.25 pipes with 18 inch no name glass-packs. Mufflers are set just b4 rear-end. The link is above...

2. aircoup

aircoup

Porters you can test sound em too check there site

3. PORTER MUFFLERS...............absolute music to the ears. You have a choice of Stainless or painted that kool shade of Porter Blue.

4. big bad john

big bad john

smithy's work good for me...last a long time too.

5. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

just fyi--magnaflows are glasspacks, too. i've used the short ones as resonator to get rid of the droning. my all time favorites were sold through the montgomery-ward catalog. used 'em on my first flathead and they were great! think they cost something like $5 each back in my high school days.