Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

Rebuilt 239 8BA Flathead Ford V8 Engine

Discussion in 'Parts For Sale' started by Nailhead Jeff, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Nailhead Jeff

Nailhead Jeff
    from fresno

City: Fresno

State: California
    Price: $5000
    Click Here to Watch This Engine Running on YouTube:

Hello, this auction is for a completely rebuilt 8BA Ford flathead engine. This engine has been completely rebuilt from fan to resurfaced flywheel. Truly this engine is ready to install and run, it needs no additional work other than to add fuel and run. The auction is for the complete engine less exhaust manifolds and test stand.

Engine Block: This started out as a very nice 1953 Ford flathead core engine. Overall the engine block is in very nice condition. After disassembly the block was hot tanked and magnafluxed. Before any machine work the block was "tumbled" to remove any loose rust scale or casting sand in the water jackets, and all threaded holes were chased. Exhaust valve seats were replaced with new hardened stellite inserts for unleaded gas. After replacing the valve seats both the intake and exhaust were mildly ported. The ports were not excessively enlarged they were opened up to the size of the gasket and smoothed and blended. Following the port and valve seat work the cylinders was bored .060 oversize.

Rotating Assembly: The short block consists of a Ford 3.75 stroke crankshaft, and Ford 8BA connecting rods. Both crankshaft and rods were hot tanked and magnaflux inspected. Prior to machining the crankshaft had all press in plugs removed and threaded plugs installed, it was then reground .020 on both the rod and main journals. Connecting rods have been resized on both ends, small ends have had new bushings installed. New Speedway Motors 4 ring pistons have been installed on the connecting rods and they have been aligned on a Sunnen jig. Completing the short block are Hastings piston rings, Dura Bond camshaft bearings, and NOS Michigan main and rod bearings.

Camshaft Lifters and Valvetrain: The camshaft is an NOS Ford EAB grind. This camshaft features .320 lift and 207 duration at .050. It is nearly identical to the Isky 77B and makes an excellent street cam with great low end torque. Lifters in the engine are OEM Ford non-adjustable. The valve lash has been properly ground in and will provide many miles of trouble free quiet operation. Valve springs and guides in the engine are new from Reds Headers. Guides are cast iron, and the valve springs are Lincoln Zephyr reproduction. Valves are new steel 1.600 intake and exhaust. Both the valves and the seats have received a full 5 angle valve job. The seats have been 3 angle cut to the standard 30,45 and 60 degree angle. The valves are faced at 45 degrees and after hand lapping they were back cut with a 28 degree angle. This step is often skipped by most machine shops. It takes two or three times as long as a standard valve job to do it this way. While it takes more time the lapping guarantees you a perfect seal and the back cutting enhances low lift flow and performance.

Speed Equipment: This engine is equipped with an Edelbrock regular dual intake manifold. This is a narrow 2x2 intake that has been out of production for years. Atop the intake are a matching pair restored re-colored Holley 94 carburetors. These are 7RT truck carburetors have been re-jetted and have had lower vacuum power valves installed so they will work correctly in a multiple application.

Stock Accessories: All of the original components on this engine have been completely rebuilt and restored. Rebuilt and recurved OEM Ford distributor, 12 volt generator and starter, and stock mechanical fuel pump. New fuel and oil lines, belts, Autolite spark plugs, and Standard ignition spark plug wires, have been installed. All OEM components including dipstick, resurfaced stock flywheel and the spark plug wire looms are intact and installed on the engine, it is missing nothing. Water pumps are rebuilt original Ford that have been updated with Bob Drake improved seals and bearings. As equipped this engine will bolt into any 1932-1948 Ford passenger car or 1932-1952 Ford truck. If you would like to install the engine in a 1949-1953 Ford car I do have the correct oil pan and water pumps available, please inquire

Test Run & Break In: After the rebuild the engine has been test run and the camshaft has been broken in. Carburetor has been re-jetted and the distributor has been recurved for unleaded gas. I use a wideband 02 sensor to jet the carburetor for ideal air fuel ratio. Total the engine has about 2 hours or run time on the test stand. During this time the heads have been re-torqued twice, and the engine was inspected for any leaks or problems.

About Vintage Engine Works: I am a one man shop specializing in the total restoration and customization of vintage engines, primarily Flathead Ford V8's. Flatheads are what I do, if you would like to make any modifications to this engine please inquire. There is nothing we do not do to the flathead ford engine. Hardened seats, professional porting and relieving, cylinder head re-domeing are just some of the specialized services we offer. If your local machine shop can’t; we can. If this is not the engine that you are looking for please feel free to e-mail. I have several 59A and 8BA cores available. I can build you anything from a short block to a complete engine as seen here.

Trades: As with all items for sale I would entertain a part or full trade. I would be interested in a 1948 and older Ford car. No motorcycles, pickups or cars newer then the 1970’s.

Payment & Shipping: I would prefer local pickup on this engine if at all possible. I will ship the engine if you want me to. If the engine is shipped a $100.00 crating fee applies. I will charge actual truck freight and the engine must be shipped with insurance for the full purchase amount. If you have any questions about this engine feel free to e-mail or call 559-313-1454. Thanks Jeff

Attached Files:

46Chief likes this.
  2. Nailhead Jeff

Nailhead Jeff
    from fresno

3. Nailhead Jeff

Nailhead Jeff
    from fresno

4. Nailhead Jeff

Nailhead Jeff
    from fresno

5. Nailhead Jeff