Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Hard Chop 1932 5 window

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rexrogers, Sep 3, 2014.

1. I have no worthwhile comment...

2. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Hmmm...a 'Gurney hump', eh? Sounds like something on the menu at an Ely, Nevada whorehouse.
    No price, though...

The rolled pan in the rear is the best in proportion that I've seen! Its non-excessive depth, and the blending below the quarter ends look like it grew there.
    From whence this Deuce originated, I'd say the mean chop is 'in character'. Car came from 'bits & pieces', that in itself makes it deserving of such a 'radical departure'.
    Believe me, when it pulls into its Cruise Night stall, it'll be noticed!

3. This must be one of them GFY hot rods.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. Dirty2

Dirty2

Love it !!!

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

To be safe I'd weld in the cowl vent, why block out what little vision you may have. Bob

thommoina33, loudbang and clem like this.
  6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

that is not a "hard" chop. it is a stupid chop.

Weezy1930, Andy, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  7. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Need a picture from inside looking out the front window. Please.

8. maplefrm

maplefrm
    from Central IL

It's a shame to have enough talent to fix that car and then to do what you did, it could have been a very practical, drivable '32 coupe. Just my opinion.

9. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

opinions really vary don't they.

10. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Rex, the car will really draw some attention, especially from the Law dogs. We have one chopped that hard in the LA area and he is over 6 foot tall. To each their own.

11. And a driver seated in there while your at it. :)

12. This old sedan is pretty hammered. Some harsh feedback on here... SH100690.jpg

13. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

hahaha

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  14. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

^^^that old sedan was a drag car probably worth about 100.00 at the time.

volvobrynk likes this.
  15. Friend of mine in CA. owned this one. There was a thread about it on here a long time ago.

DSCN2604.jpg DSCN2611.jpg 0511rc_paso_14_z.jpg

kiwijeff likes this.
  16. rexrogers

rexrogers

I know some don't like the chop, and that fine by me to each is own i know some folks get pretty tuff when they are on a key board. This coupe is not being built as a daily driver the owner of this car has 5 other 5 window from total stock height down to this car, and as i stated these parts were for sale for a while and no takers so why not.

I think once the car is complete with full on dry lakes treatment it will be a great looking car it wasn't meant to be proportional just a hard cut land speed inspired build, should build a track nose for it and make every one grumpy, but for now the plan is a hard peaked grill and aluminium insert

Here is a view from the inside and yes its not much rural roads and straight lines is what this coupe needs.
    [​IMG]
    My ugly butt in the car there is about 2" head room for me I'm 6' the owner is a good deal shorter than i am.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I still need to do some more finish work on this coupe before it leaves my garage, up next is my 5 window but it is a long ways off from chopping if it does get cut.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Awesome! please post a picture once the car is done.

18. People do get pretty tuff on a keyboard, well put Rex.
    I like it and I'm even more impressed with all the work you show in your albums. Perhaps some of the other viewers should check out the pics there.

19. The mere fact that the car causes so much debate lends credence to the fact that the car is interesting. It may not be "significant" in a historical perspective, but you can't deny that it's interesting.

kiwijeff likes this.
  20. jdownunder

jdownunder

it looks cool but traffic lights will be a BITCH

21. clem

clem

Yep! All 10 of them.

kiwijeff likes this.
  22. no.scar.no.story

no.scar.no.story

I couldn't drive it - but the look is awesome.

23. BradinNC

BradinNC

Looks cool but don't see how you could drive it safely. Unless you mounted cameras like they use for backing up in the new cars now!

loudbang likes this.
  24. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

It would be neat to see it next to his 5,five windows! Rex,I could see a track nose on this.Are you considering one? This ones got me watching . I'm coming down for the Hot Rod hill climb with the sedan,if I hit the time right I would like to stop by.Would that be ok?

25. Too much, absolutely. I love it. As low as you sit in a '32 I don't think head room will be a problem. She might hit the steering wheel once in a while though if she gets excited.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

26. brady1929

brady1929

I don't know. I think we should all drive the same car and have no individuallity. Is that a fricken word?

volvobrynk and bowie like this.
  27. Ha! I see what you did there!

28. rexrogers

rexrogers

here are a couple of photos of similar roll pan i did a few years back to give you an idea of what it will look like, the one i am making now will be a little deeper than this one.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Here are some photos of Mike's other 5 windows, he does the majority of the work himself the orange coupe he purchased and one he runs around in bare steel and the others are projects he is building.
    [​IMG]
    This one has a 4" chop
    [​IMG]
    this one is a wedge chop 3 front 3 3/4 rear
    [​IMG]
    This one is a straight 3"
    [​IMG]
    this is going to be the stock height coupe. with a banger motor
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    this coupe is a straight 3" he just finished it up, it will be at the Hill Climb, an old race car body that he put back together.
    his cars are drivers he builds them for the enjoyment of building the cars.

Stop on in the shop doors are always open.

volvobrynk likes this.
  29. Geez.....all the commentary on what your guy is having you do to his rod
    Badass. Wish you were closer....I would !! Maybe I need to plan one of them wacky tabacky vacations everyone is talkin' about down here in Texas. You do great work, and I think the guy with the cars has varied interest in multi height coupes......on with the show please.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  30. Awesome Rex ! Thanks

Its definitely a cool look.
    Not sure I'd want to own it or drive it IF it were my only one. But since it's one of five why the hell not.

Some states have very specific regulations. If it's off road use only it probably won't matter.
    http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/067/chapter175/s175.206.html

(1) A windshield may not be less than 7 inches in vertical height on a street rod and 12 inches vertical height on reconstructed vehicles and specially constructed vehicles. If the original body configuration provided by a recognized manufacturer had a windshield of less than 12 inches, reconstructed vehicles and specially constructed vehicles may use the original windshield size, except that this size may not be less than 7 inches.

Does SCTA have any regulations on a visibility slot ?

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014